The Ascension of Lerad

(Glomdoring): You say, "The ascension of Lerad will soon commence at the Master Ravenwood. Please make your way over."

You clear your throat in an attempt to gain the attention of those around you.

You say, "We gather under this new moon to raise Lerad as our new Vernal Ascendant. However, we have one thing to address first."

You say, "For long, Tacita has served as our Vernal Ascendant. She has done many things for Glomdoring, and has served us wonderfully in that regard."

You say, "However, she has been wandering the Shadow Realms for quite a few years now, and it seems unlikely she will return anytime soon."

You say, "As such, as with all things, it is time to reduce one to empower the other, much as we mulch our old trees to make room for young ones."

You say, "When she returns, she will be welcomed back with open arms as a Vernal Demigod, but her time as a Vernal Ascendant is, at least for now, over."

You channel the powers of the Master Ravenwood Tree for Tacita, stripping Tacita of Vernal Ascendant status.
An Ascendant is no more! By decree of Dark Seneschal Ssaliss and with full support of the Shadow Court, let it be known that the Free Collective of Glomdoring has this day descended Tacita with the energies of the Master Ravenwood Tree, and she now becomes a Vernal Demigod!

You say, "In her stead, we will raise Lerad as our new Vernal Ascendant."

You say, "While he is the one who will be imbued with the power of the Master Ravenwood, it is all of you who have worked tirelessly in order to make this happen."

You say, "We have seen much lately. Our alliance with Gaudiguch crumbled, Magnagora decided to stab us in the back, we have had elder trees cut and our home put aflame."

You say, "But despite all that, Glomdoring preseveres, and we are much stronger today than we were a few short years ago. This is all thanks to everyone who calls Glomdoring home."

You say, "Back then, we had no villages under our control. We had no aetherbubbles claimed. We held no domoths."

You say, "Now, we hold three villages. We control one aetherbubble, and we have the power of the Death domoth at our beck and call."

You say, "We have grown much, and ascending Lerad is not the culmination of it all. It is simply another step on the path to have the Wyrd claim dominion over all."

You say, "With that said, let the rituals begin. King, if you may start us off?"

Siam breathes deeply, a regal mien overtaking him as he exhales. The shadows all around writhe and darken in anticipation as Night's Chosen King whispers invocations to the Dark Mother which flowers into a darksome song worshipful of the Night. What starts as a veneration in the common tongue fluidly flows into ancient tongue of the fae, the words rolling endlessly, ceasing to be the King's own as other voices resound from the shadows, joining his in a tenebrous chorous in all the tongues known to mortals. Upon his brow, the Crown of Conquering Darkness glimmers with the beauty of countless dying stars devoured by the endless abyss.

Siam strides purposefully toward Lerad, still one voice within the disembodied chorus. Shadows flock to the King's form even as shadowy forms rise out the darkness - fae and other shadowy beings alike look on, their eyes glowing. The song slows into a murmuring melody before quieting. The King allows the somber silence to swell over the forest. With Glomdoring's chosen locked before his gaze, the flame of his twin star-eyes go out, replaced by a fathomless emptiness as he opens his mouth to speak.

His voice joined by countless others, speaking in all tongues, Witch-King Siam Star-eyes, the Abyssal One says, "We have heeded the call of Night's Chosen, we of Night's Entourage who have long joined Her in Her Blessed Darkness. We have come for you, Glomdoring's Chosen," the King pauses, shadows flaring behind him, settling into an exquisite feminine form, "wear Night's Blessing upon your brow as you reap the victories of the Wyrd."

Siam graces Lerad with Night's kiss upon the Chosen's brow, the tenebrous feminine form behind him growing in size and mightily so before fading

Siam offers the Regent a nod as his twin star-eyes flare back to life, the King's own form weary but determined.

You nod your head emphatically.

You say to Makaela, "You are next then."

Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says, "I will go."

Makaela of the Blackthorn says, "It will be Tylwyth she was only in case no other could attend."

Tylwyth looks to his fellow Blacktalon, meeting each of their eyes, before taking a step forward. He moves towards Lerad, settling in front of him.

Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says, "The Wyrd is a real, palpable force, that drives us and spurs us forward in an endless pursuit of perfection. It is something that shapes everything and everyone it touches, changing them for the better."

Tylwyth turns from Lerad to the assembled crowd, sweeping his hands outwards as he speaks and gesturing to eachperson.

Addressing those present, Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says, "And it is our duty as Blacktalon, and as members of Glomdoring itself, to spread its influence to all corners of the Basin to shape the it in Glomdoring's image. Much as it is our duty to perfect ourselves, so that this may one day be achieved."

Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says, "The Blacktalon follow a set of guidelines, teachings that have been passed down through the generations from Brother Crow Himself. These are the four Aspects of Crow."

To Leard, Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says, "We ask you, Lerad Ysav'rai, the Caliginous Phantom, to uphold Crow's ways and strive for perfection through His teachings."

To Lerad, Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says, "Will you uphold Crow's ways?"

Lerad's gaze is steady as he replies, his voice reverberating strongly, "Yes, I will. My service will uphold Crow's ways and teachings."

To Lerad, Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says, "Lerad, you know well the benefitsof patience and discipline. As Blood Thirst teaches us, we must starveourselves by denying our own desires and needs. We must wait and only strike when the moment is right, if we are to claim victory."

Makaela of the Blackthorn says, "We must embrace starvation, for nothing matters but Glomdoring."

To Lerad, Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says, "Our loyalty belongs to Glomdoring and its people. Temper your emotions and exploit the weaknesses of our enemies, in Glomdoring's name. Through the teachings of Black Sorrow, we learn to inflict the greatest suffering upon our prey without succumbing to it ourselves."

Makaela of the Blackthorn says, "We conquer our own turmoil, for Nothing Matters but Glomdoring."

To Lerad, Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says, "Your path was predestined, set by Mother Night and Brother Crow. Realise your strength and do not falter from your course. You have always been strong. Write your own past as False Memory teaches us to do, and know a future that is free from weaknesses."

Makaela of the Blackthorn says, "We reject the delusions of others,for Nothing Matters but Glomdoring."

To Lerad, Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says, "And always remember that by embracing the Glory of the Wyrd, our existence is given meaning. The pursuit of perfection requires absolute faith in Glomdoring and our own Dark Spirit. Go with Crow's blessing."

Makaela of the Blackthorn says, "We live to serve the Merciless Forest, for nothing matters but Glomdoring."

Tylwyth bows to Regent and steps back.

You nod your head at Tylwyth.

You say to Eliron, "You are next, Song."

Eliron steps forward, carrying an intricately carved drum before him. He kneels and places it on the ground before rising.

Eliron Shee-Slaugh steps around the drum and moves to stand before Lerad, pulling a slim knife from within his robes. He holds out a hand to Lerad and gestures for him to do the same.

Lerad holds out his hand, palm up.

Eliron Shee-Slaugh slashes the knife across Lerad's palm, then holds it to the wound, thoroughly coating the blade in blood.

Eliron returns to the drum. He kneels and wipes the blade twice across the drumhead, smearing it a dark red.

Eliron rests both hands on the drum for a moment of silence before he begins to beat out a driving rhythm on it. As he does, shadows twist up from the forest floor and begin to twine around Lerad.

Eliron Shee-Slaugh plays even faster, the sharp beats echoing throughout the clearing, and the shadows rise up, fully engulfing Lerad and sealing into a tight orb around him.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "There is no beauty like Glomdoring's dark."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Insidious as whispers on the breeze."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "And intricate as tendrils in the bark."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Shot deep by twisted vines that choke the trees."

Eliron Shee-Slaugh continues to play the drums as the orb around Lerad responds to his words, long vines of shadow working their way up the shell from the soil beneath it.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "The Forest Without Mercy works its way."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Into the breast, the marrow, and the bone."

As the vines meet each other at the top of the shell and then surge inwards, piercing it and the one within, Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Compels the heart, entangled, to obey."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Until all fickle pride is overgrown."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Like sickly gardens by ferocious weeds."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Of virile root and redolent with flower."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Ensnared within the web, each creature feeds."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "The forest, and becomes part of its power." The shadowy vines freeze on the outside of the orb, then they slowly begin to darken, as if drawing something from within the orb and channeling into the ground they are sunk into."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Your hand not stayed by mercy nor by doubt."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Fighting to see the dark beauty unfurled."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Dark Spirit's promise kept to the devout."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "The Wyrd devouring the heathen world." As the last note echoes in the air, the the orb around Lerad slowly cracks open, the shadows melting away as they fall to the ground in pieces."

Eliron places both hands on the drum, silencing it. He then rises, the blood from the drum marking his hands.

Eliron begins to whisper a haunting melody as numerous glittering shadows being to swarm about his form. He reaches out to place his hand upon Lerad's chest, his brow furrowing as if searching for something.

Eliron Shee-Slaugh consider Lerad for a long moment, then nods his head

Eliron bows respectfully to Lerad.

Eliron picks up the drum and steps back.

Lerad bows respectfully to Eliron.

You nod your head at Eliron.

You say to Xenthos, "Your task remains then, Warden."

Xenthos sighs softly, looking around the clearing and those gathered.  "I had something prepared for you, but in the end, I have decided to speak directly."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to Lerad, "You know the responsibilities involved with being an Ascendant of the Glomdoring. You have listened to me lecture on them time and again."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to Lerad, "You know the sacrifice involved. You will shed your mortal form, and the Glomdoring will devour it. What is left becomes a body formed entirely by the Glomdoring, bound to it. An Ascendant, more than any other, is a servant of the Forest and its needs."

Xenthos takes another deep breath.  "We have just descended my wife.  I can think of no other I would prefer to have take her place on the Forest's behalf."

Xenthos wildly jabs a ravenous crow-beaked bardiche at Lerad. Xenthos's face flashes as he pushes the tip of his bardiche through Lerad's weakened chest cavity. Lerad grabs senselessly at the weapon, trying to prevent its path through him, but it obliterates muscle and bone with ease and erupts through his back in a spray of gore. Tensing with exertion, Xenthos lifts his flailing body off the ground and lets it slide down the shaft of his weapon, bringing Lerad's face to his own as a last spattered breath sprays blood over him.
Lerad slides off the weapon and collapses to the ground in a heap of blood and guts, his chest now only a gaping hole.
Lerad has been slain by Xenthos.
Having been too much for the mortal threads of Lerad, he screams in agony as flames engulf his body and burn it to a crisp.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Be reborn, Lerad, Ascendant of the Glomdoring."

Xenthos's eyes glow a radiant white as he exhales the pure energies of the Domotheos of Life onto Lerad. As the energies wash over his soul, a new body forms, restoring him to life.

You unlock the powers of the Master Ravenwood Tree for Lerad.
Lerad steps towards the Master Ravenwood Tree and places his hands on it, causing it to creak and groan wildly as he drinks of its shadowy essence. Thrumming power fills the air and pours through his mortal coil, swathing his body in oily shadows. The ethereal, haunting forms of the Great Spirits briefly fill the air around the Master Ravenwood Tree, chief among them Mother Night and Brother Crow, as Lerad is suffused by incredible powers, and rises as a Vernal Ascendant!
A new Ascendant rises! By decree of Dark Seneschal Ssaliss and with full support of the Shadow Court, let it be known that the Free Collective of Glomdoring has this day imbued Lerad with the energies of the Master Ravenwood Tree, raising a Vernal Ascendant!

The curled corpse of a spider falls to the ground from the branches of the Master Ravenwood Tree.

You nod your head at Lerad.

Witch-King Siam Star-eyes, the Abyssal One says to Lerad, "You will serve well."

Eliron applauds Lerad heartily.

You say, "Of that, I have no doubt."

Siam smiles softly at Lerad.

Lerad bows his head, his eyes alight with purpose and respect as he gazes around those gathered. His words are soft, but strong as he states simply, "Thank you. My service to the Wyrd will last until the end of time."

You shout, "Nothing matters but Glomdoring!"

You see Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

You see Lerad Ysav'rai, the Caliginous Phantom shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

You see Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist shout, "Glory be to the Glomdoring."

You see Darach Tylwyth Nightshade shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

You see Witch-King Siam Star-eyes, the Abyssal One shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

You see Makaela of the Blackthorn shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    That 2 million power dead spider. I like to think it was enormous.

This was great. It wasn't overly contrived and was very to the point. Very impressive and coordinated. \o

• Yeah. There were lots more planned, but only half of the people showed up in the end. Ah well.
  • Thanks for posting the log, Ssaliss. I was cleaning my own log too and it took a little while longer because I saved it in html. Figured I might as well post it up too.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/9d392791

Again, thanks to everyone who showed up, and also everyone who helped to plan everything. I can't begin to imagine how difficult it was to coordinate everything and all, and I really appreciate the effort.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I had to put together something with just under 1 hour to spare, but I'm still pleased that it worked out. Been a very busy week - I even lost track of the date and wasn't expecting it! We finally got Lerad ascended! As for the other rites, the orders and the other guilds can still hold their own! :D
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I would have been there, but I had totally had something scheduled. I will be performing a blessing for Lerad when I see him next.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I woke up today about an hour ago. Very bummed that I chose to get sick the day before this. Good job everyone that was there though.
  • edited May 2015
    Meant to post this before leaving, but I had to go towroking early to today, just after the ascension, turns out aI had alittle timeand should ahve liely finished edittting this and put it up but ce le vey:
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Before the Master Ravenwood Tree.
    Brennan Stormcrow paces here, his cadaverous body twitching with sudden jerks. The Master Ravenwood Tree towers over everything here, pulsing with an immeasurable yet dark power. Casting darkness all around, a shadow totem thrusts up from the ground, chilling the air. There are 4 black direwolves here. There are 14 dark nighthags here. There are 5 shadowlord widowriders here. A crudely crafted shrine of harsh black crystal stands here, thrumming powerfully. Covered in bone armour, a green eyelash viper is slithering about here. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. There are 10 illithoid scourges here. A blackthorn sapling clings tenaciously to the ground here. A 
    green eyelash viper is slithering about here. An animated skeleton stands here with a ghostly outline of a spider around its skull. An animated skeleton stands here with a ghostly outline of a 
    bat around its skull. An animated skeleton stands here with a ghostly outline of a beetle around its skull. An animated skeleton stands here with a ghostly outline of a wasp around its skull. Makaela of the Blackthorn is here. She wields a mystic cudgel in her left hand and a glowing powerstone in her right. Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh is here. He wields a glowing powerstone in his left hand.
    You see a single exit leading north.
    Brennan Stormcrow cocks his head to one side, looking you over with an appraising stare.
    Brennan Stormcrow exclaims, "Mighty Crow has his eye upon you, Dark Savant!"

Ilistala emerges from the shadows, curiously looking around.
    Brennan Stormcrow cocks his head to one side, looking Xenthos over with an appraising stare.
    An illithoid scourge nods his head at Xenthos.
    ?:-
    Brennan Stormcrow cocks his head to one side, looking Lerad over with an appraising stare.
    Lifting her head, Ilistala looks at Lerad hopefully.
    Ilistala melds into the shadows, quickly disappearing from view.

Bewitching melodies drift languidly upon the air, heralding the entrance of Eliron as he glides in from the down.
    Brennan Stormcrow cocks his head to one side, looking Eliron over with an appraising stare.
    A dark nighthag turns her gaze to Eliron momentarily.
    An illithoid scourge spares Eliron a quick glance.
    Makaela tells you, "Are we to strip naked then?"
    You tell Makaela of the Blackthorn, "Nope."

?:-gwho
    ***************************[ THE BLACKTALON GUILD ]****************************
    Guildmember      Rank                  Position                 GT   GNT   CGT 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Makaela             3                                           On    On    On
    Tylwyth             7                  Security                 On    On    On
    *******************************************************************************
    Currently, there are 2 members on this Plane and 0 on other Planes.

?:-tell makaela do you have a leetter from Crek explaining what we do?
    You tell Makaela of the Blackthorn, "Do you have a leetter from Crek explaining what we do?"
    Makaela tells you, "She does."

Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land in utter darkness.
    It is now the 11th of Shanthin, 413 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    Makaela tells you, "She was even told to perform it should o other be present."
    (Glomdoring): You say, "Shall we begin?"

You scent at the air, your skilled nose picking up the faint traces of others in the surrounding 
    area.
    Xenthos: 1337            before the Master Ravenwood Tree
    Lerad: 1337              before the Master Ravenwood Tree
    Makaela: 1337            before the Master Ravenwood Tree
    Siam: 1337               before the Master Ravenwood Tree
    Ssaliss: 1337            before the Master Ravenwood Tree
    Brennan Stormcrow exclaims, "We are all gathered! Now we require the Ebonglom Crown!"
    Brennan Stormcrow curls his lip and sneers arrogantly.
    (Glomdoring): Ssaliss says, "The ascension of Lerad will soon commence at the Master Ravenwood. Please make your way over."
    A brownie bound in shadows blinks and shuffles about impatiently.
    Makaela tells you, "She assumes you will be the performer?"

You tell Makaela of the Blackthorn, "I guess so."
    Makaela tells you, "She could do it if you prefer."
    Ssaliss clears his throat in an attempt to gain everyone's attention.
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "'We gather under this new moon to raise Lerad as our new Vernal Ascendant.However, we have one thing to address first."

You tell Makaela of the Blackthorn, "No."

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "For long, Tacita has served as our Vernal Ascendant. She has done many things for Glomdoring, and has served us wonderfully in that regard."

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "However, she has been wandering the Shadow Realms for quite a few years now, and it seems unlikely she will return anytime soon."
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "As such, as with all things, it is time to reduce one to empower the other, much as we mulch our old trees to make room for young ones."
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "When she returns, she will be welcomed back with open arms as a Vernal Demigod, but her time as a Vernal Ascendant is, at least for now, over."

An Ascendant is no more! By decree of Dark Seneschal Ssaliss and with full support of the Shadow Court, let it be known that the Free Collective of Glomdoring has this day descended Tacita with the 
    energies of the Master Ravenwood Tree, and she now becomes a Vernal Demigod!
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "In her stead, we will raise Lerad as our new Vernal Ascendant."
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "While he is the one who will be imbued with the power of the Master Ravenwood, it is all of you who have worked tirelessly in order to make this happen."
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "We have seen much lately. Our alliance with Gaudiguch crumbled, Magnagora decided to stab us in the back, we have had elder trees cut and our home put aflame."
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "But despite all that, Glomdoring preseveres, and we are much stronger today than we were a few short years ago. This is all thanks to everyone who calls Glomdoring home."
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "Back then, we had no villages under our control. We had no aetherbubbles claimed. We held no domoths."
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "Now, we hold three villages. We control one aetherbubble, and we have the power of the Death domoth at our beck and call."
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "We have grown much, and ascending Lerad is not the culmination of it all. It is simply another step on the path to have the Wyrd claim dominion over all."
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "With that said, let the rituals begin. King, if you may start us off?"
    ?:-honors lerad
    Lerad Ysav'rai, the Caliginous Phantom (Male Shadowed Demigod).
    He is 184 years old, having been born on the 14th of Klangiary, 229 years after the Coming of 
    Estarra.
    He is ranked 101st in Lusternia.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is a Shadow Warden in the Free Collective of Glomdoring.
    He is the Tenebrous Wrath in the Nekotai.
    He holds the position of the Dreamer of Despairs in the Nekotai.
    He holds the position of a Tender of the Swarms in the Nekotai.
    He holds the position of Guild Archivist in the Nekotai.
    He is a Professor in the Shadowmaze.
    He is a Pioneer of the Unknown in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    He is a graduate of the Shadowmaze (honours).
    He is a member of the clan called 'Ebonglom Aetherfarers.'
    He is a member of the clan called 'Something Monkish.'
    He is a member of the clan called 'The Ysav'rai Kinship.'
    He is the clan head of the clan called 'Sculptors of the Sting.'
    He is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    His motto: 'Happiness is boring - let me spread sorrow.'
    He is considered to be approximately 540% of your might.
    He has taken the hand of Crek Ysav'rai <b: Stormcrow> in marriage.
    He is a second generation member of the Great House of Ysav'rai.
    See HONOURS FULL LERAD to view his 20 special honours.
    Siam breathes deeply, a regal mien overtaking him as he exhales. The shadows all around writhe and darken in anticipation as Night's Chosen King whispers invocations to the Dark Mother which flowers into a darksome song worshipful of the Night. What starts as a veneration in the common tongue fluidly flows into ancient tongue of the fae, the words rolling endlessly, ceasing to be the King's own as other voices resound from the shadows, joining his in a tenebrous chorous in all the tongues known to mortals. Upon his brow, the Crown of Conquering Darkness glimmers with the beauty of countless dying stars devoured by the endless abyss.

Siam strides purposefully toward Lerad, still one voice within the disembodied chorus. Shadows flock to the King's form even as shadowy forms rise out the darkness - fae and other shadowy beings alike look on, their eyes glowing. The song slows into a murmuring melody before quieting. The King allows the somber silence to swell over the forest. With Glomdoring's chosen locked before his gaze, the 
    flame of his twin star-eyes go out, replaced by a fathomless emptiness as he opens his mouth to speak.

?:-look lerad
    He is a sinuous illithoid shadowed demigod and appears to have a strangely inconsistent form. His physique is hidden by a swirling aura of shadows, hazing his outline until he is all but indistinct. His size and the shape of his body almost appear to change depending on the angle of light which falls upon his form. Even though it is clearly just a visual illusion, it remains impossible to retain a clear impression of any of Lerad's distinguishable features. It is not clear whether he is 
    merely hidden beneath the aura, or if his physical body itself has been transmuted into an intangible cloud. More effective than any mask, the aura that clings around his form hides his face and expressions entirely from view, save for his eyes, which are pure white and pupil-less. Set 
    against the backdrop of unremitting blackness, his unblinking eyes almost appear to be glowing, giving the impression of an intense glare. He retains a humanoid form that can been vaguely made out 
    when he moves, his actions compact and efficient, and with the graceful, flowing poise of an experienced warrior. He is wearing Boots of the Wanderer, the Incandescent Bracers of Vernal Might, 
    a fesix backpack, a Leprechaun's Medal of Profligate Inebriation, the Doctoral Tam of the Anomaly, the Holy Helm of Avechna, a set of Grandmother Scorpion prayerbeads, 3 aromatic brooches, the Charm 
    of the Clangoru, the Boots of Astral Jumping, the Venomous Sash of Sorrow, a pair of cement socks, the Pearl Sandals of Vernal Haste, a dapper, amber-banded black felt hat, a mottled bloodstone watch,
    a wolf's snout, a fesix bandolier, 10 brooches mimicking the shape of a scorpion, a brutal beryl scorpion ring, a Pendant of Vitality, a pair of sturdy iron crampons, a brace of darts, the Commandant's Knot, the Commandant's Medal, the Commandant's Sash, a pair of supple, dark leather boots, an ebon tunic of the night sky, a pair of shadowed pants, fingerless gloves of sable leather, Wings of Wonder and the Fingerblade of dha'Wyrden-cree.

His voice joined by countless others, speaking in all tongues, Witch-King Siam Star-eyes, the Abyssal One says, "We have heeded the call of Night's Chosen, we of Night's Entourage who have long 
    joined Her in Her Blessed Darkness. We have come for you, Glomdoring's Chosen," the King pauses, shadows flaring behind him, settling into an exquisite feminine form, "wear Night's Blessing upon 
    your brow as you reap the victories of the Wyrd."

Siam graces Lerad with Night's kiss upon the Chosen's brow, the tenebrous feminine form behind him growing in size and mightily so before fading.

Siam offers the Regent a nod as his twin star-eyes flare back to life, the King's own form weary but determined.

Ssaliss nods his head emphatically.

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says to Makaela, "You are next then."

You say, "I will go."

Ssaliss nods his head emphatically.

Makaela of the Blackthorn says, "It will be Tylwyth she was only in case no other could attend."

The air about Lerad begins to warp with a sickly emerald light, half-formed, alien horrors appearing in two-dimensional images, cast like shadows. Screaming and howling and shrieking in wordless wrath, 
    terror and hunger they extend their hands upwards before the light pulses and fades away, a gibbering whisper edging your mind for some time after.

You have emoted: Tylwyth looks to his fellow Blacktalon, meeting each of their eyes, before taking a step forward. He moves towards Lerad, settling in front of him.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    ?:
    You say, "The Wyrd is a real, palpable force, that drives us and spurs us forward in an endless pursuit of perfection. It is something that shapes everything and everyone it touches, changing them 
    for the better."

You have emoted: Tylwyth turns from Lerad  to the assembled crowd, sweeping his hands outwards as he speaks and gesturing to eachperson.
    Addressing those present, you say, "And it is our duty as Blacktalon, and as members of Glomdoring itself, to spread its influence to all corners of the Basin to shape the it in Glomdoring's image. Much as it is our duty to perfect ourselves, so that this may one day be achieved."
    The sky lightens and stars fade as Father Sun approaches the horizon in his neverending quest to capture Mother Night.

You say, "The Blacktalon follow a set of guidelines, teachings that have been passed down through the generations from Brother Crow Himself. These are the four Aspects of Crow."
    Brennan Stormcrow exclaims, "Crow! Mighty Crow! Glorious Crow!"
    Brennan Stormcrow grovels pathetically in the dirt.

To leard, you say, "We ask you, Lerad Ysav'rai, the Caliginous Phantom, to uphold Crow's ways and strive for perfection through His teachings."

To Lerad, you say, "Will you uphold Crow's ways?"

You tell Lerad Ysav'rai, the Caliginous Phantom, "You can answer that."
    Lerad's gaze is steady as he replies, his voice reverberating strongly, "Yes, I will. My service will uphold Crow's ways and teachings."

To Lerad, you say, ""Lerad, you know well the benefits of patience and discipline. As Blood Thirst teaches us, we must starve ourselves by denying our own desires and needs. We must wait and only strike when the moment is right, if we are to claim victory."
    Makaela of the Blackthorn says, "We must embrace starvation, for nothing matters but Glomdoring."

To lerad, you say, "Our loyalty belongs to Glomdoring and its people. Temper your emotions and exploit the weaknesses of our enemies, in Glomdoring's name. Through the teachings of Black Sorrow, we learn to inflict the greatest suffering upon our prey without succumbing to it ourselves."
    Makaela of the Blackthorn says, "We conquer our own turmoil, for Nothing Matters but Glomdoring."

To lerad, you say, "Your path was predestined, set by Mother Night and Brother Crow. Realise your strength and do not falter from your course. You have always been strong. Write your own past as False Memory teaches us to do, and know a future that is free from weaknesses."
    Makaela of the Blackthorn says, "We reject the delusions of others, for Nothing Matters but Glomdoring."

To lerad, you say, "And always remember that by embracing the Glory of the Wyrd, our existence is given meaning. The pursuit of perfection requires absolute faith in Glomdoring and our own Dark Spirit. Go with Crow's blessing."

Makaela of the Blackthorn says, "We live to serve the Merciless Forest, for nothing matters but Glomdoring."
    You have emoted: Tylwyth bows to Regent and steps back.

Ssaliss nods his head at you.
    You tell Makaela of the Blackthorn, "That wasn't too bad yeah?"

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says to Eliron, "You are next, Song."

Makaela tells you, "She thinks it was performed well."
    Eliron steps forward, carrying an intricately carved drum before him. He kneels and places it on the ground before rising.

Eliron Shee-Slaugh steps around the drum and moves to stand before Lerad, pulling a slim knife from within his robes. He holds out a hand to Lerad and gestures for him to do the same.
    Lerad holds out his hand, palm up.
    Eliron Shee-Slaugh slashes the knife across Lerad's palm, then holds it to the wound, thoroughly coating the blade in blood.

Eliron returns to the drum. He kneels and wipes the blade twice across the drumhead, smearing it a dark red. Eliron rests both hands on the drum for a moment of silence before he begins to beat out a driving rhythm on it. As he does, shadows twist up from the forest floor and begin to twine around Lerad. Eliron Shee-Slaugh plays even faster, the sharp beats echoing throughout the clearing, and the shadows rise up, fully engulfing Lerad and sealing into a tight orb around him.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "There is no beauty like Glomdoring's dark."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Insidious as whispers on the breeze."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "And intricate as tendrils in the bark."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Shot deep by twisted vines that choke the trees."

The wind whistles eerily through the branches overhead.
    Eliron Shee-Slaugh continues to play the drums as the orb around Lerad responds to his words, long vines of shadow working their way up the shell from the soil beneath it.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "The Forest Without Mercy works its way."
    Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Into the breast, the marrow, and the bone."
    As the vines meet each other at the top of the shell and then surge inwards, piercing it and the one within, Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Compels the heart, entangled, to obey."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Until all fickle pride is overgrown."
    Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Like sickly gardens by ferocious weeds."
    Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Of virile root and redolent with flower."
    Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Ensnared within the web, each creature feeds."
    Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "The forest, and becomes part of its power." The shadowy vines freeze on the outside of the orb, then they slowly begin to darken, as if drawing something from within the orb and channeling into the ground they are sunk into."
    Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Your hand not stayed by mercy nor by doubt,."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Fighting to see the dark beauty unfurled."
    Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "Dark Spirit's promise kept to the devout."
    Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd sings, "The Wyrd devouring the heathen world." As the last note echoes in the air, the the orb around ^Lerad slowly cracks open, the shadows melting away as 
    they fall to the ground in pieces."
    Eliron places both hands on the drum, silencing it. He then rises, the blood from the drum marking his hands. Eliron begins to whisper a haunting melody as numerous glittering shadows being to swarm about his form. He reaches out to place his hand upon Lerad's chest, his brow furrowing as if searching for something.
    Eliron Shee-Slaugh consider Lerad for a long moment, then nods his head.
    Eliron bows respectfully to Lerad.
    Eliron picks up the drum and steps back.
    Lerad bows respectfully to Eliron.

Ssaliss nods his head at Eliron.
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says to Xenthos, "Your task remains then, Warden."
    -
    Xenthos sighs softly, looking around the clearing and those gathered.  "I had something prepared for you, but in the end, I have decided to speak directly."
    Siam removes a scarecrow hat.
    Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to Lerad, "You know the responsibilities involved with being an Ascendant of the Glomdoring. You have listened to me lecture on them time and again."
    Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to Lerad, "You know the sacrifice involved. You will shed your mortal form, and the Glomdoring will devour it. What is left becomes a body formed entirely by the Glomdoring, bound to it. An Ascendant, more than any other, is a servant of the Forest and its needs."

Siam raises an athame dagger up and makes a circle in the air. A radiant torc forms from the ether and settles around his neck.
    Siam raises an athame dagger up and makes a circle in the air. A radiant torc forms from the ether and settles around his neck.
    Xenthos takes another deep breath.  "We have just descended my wife.  I can think of no other I would prefer to have take her place on the Forest's behalf."
    Xenthos whips a ravenous crow-beaked bardiche through the air in front of Lerad, to no effect.
    Xenthos swings a ravenous crow-beaked bardiche at Lerad. Xenthos pounds him on the right arm, bruising him slightly.
    Horror overcomes Lerad's face as his body stiffens into paralysis.
    Xenthos wildly jabs a ravenous crow-beaked bardiche at Lerad. The blade bounces off his sternum, delivering only a shallow puncture.
    Xenthos swings a ravenous crow-beaked bardiche at Lerad. Xenthos brutally pounds his chest, and his ribs snap under the force of the blow.
    Xenthos wildly jabs a ravenous crow-beaked bardiche at Lerad. Xenthos's face flashes as he pushes the tip of his bardiche through Lerad's weakened chest cavity. Lerad grabs senselessly at the weapon,
    trying to prevent its path through him, but it obliterates muscle and bone with ease and erupts through his back in a spray of gore. Tensing with exertion, Xenthos lifts his flailing body off the ground and lets it slide down the shaft of his weapon, bringing Lerad's face to his own as a last 
    spattered breath sprays blood over him.Lerad slides off the weapon and collapses to the ground in a heap of blood and guts, his chest now 
    only a gaping hole. Lerad has been slain by Xenthos.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Lerad, he screams in agony as flames engulf his body and burn it to a crisp.
    Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Be reborn, Lerad, Ascendant of the Glomdoring."
    Xenthos's eyes glow a radiant white as he exhales the pure energies of the Domotheos of Life onto Lerad. As the energies wash over his soul, a new body forms, restoring him to life.
    Lerad steps towards the Master Ravenwood Tree and places his hands on it, causing it to creak and groan wildly as he drinks of its shadowy essence. Thrumming power fills the air and pours through 
    his mortal coil, swathing his body in oily shadows. The ethereal, haunting forms of the Great Spirits briefly fill the air around the Master Ravenwood Tree, chief among them Mother Night and Brother Crow, as Lerad is suffused by incredible powers, and rises as a Vernal Ascendant!

A new Ascendant rises! By decree of Dark Seneschal Ssaliss and with full support of the Shadow Court,let it be known that the Free Collective of Glomdoring has this day imbued Lerad with the energies of the Master Ravenwood Tree, raising a Vernal Ascendant!
    The curled corpse of a spider falls to the ground from the branches of the Master Ravenwood Tree.
    Ssaliss nods his head at Lerad.
    Witch-King Siam Star-eyes, the Abyssal One says to Lerad, "You will serve well."
    Eliron applauds Lerad heartily.
    Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "Of that, I have no doubt."
    Siam smiles softly at Lerad.
    Lerad bows his head, his eyes alight with purpose and respect as he gazes around those gathered. His words are soft, but strong as he states simply, "Thank you. My service to the Wyrd will last until the end of time."
    You see Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh shout, "Nothing matters but Glomdoring!"
    You see Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Song of the Wyrd shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring."
    You see Lerad Ysav'rai, the Caliginous Phantom shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring."
    You see Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist shout, "Glory be to the Glomdoring."
    You shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

You see Witch-King Siam Star-eyes, the Abyssal One shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring."
    You tell Makaela of the Blackthorn, "Shout."
    You see Makaela of the Blackthorn shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"
    You tell Makaela of the Blackthorn, "Normally we aren't supposed to, but int his one instance it's ok."

2015/05/30 13:50:09 - Ssaliss has unraised Tacita as a Vernal Ascendant, and she now becomes a Vernal Demigod.
    2015/05/30 14:12:40 - Ssaliss has raised Lerad as a Vernal Ascendant.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: