Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited May 2015
    edit: never mind. Glomdoring has versions. Post Viravain and pre Viravain Glomdoring are not the same, even if they share the same name. Just like Glomdoring views the Wyrd and the taint as different things.
  • Also who really cares, Glom is a neat little place and is fun to play.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    How long are we gonna beat this dead horse for forum rp?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Honestly, I think that whole matter is largely due to poor word choice in the histories.

The miasma death cloud infused with the spirit of a soulless one trying to break into our realm and destroy reality was referred to as taint. If it had been call anything else I don't think we would be having this conversation.

The cloud killed and destroyed all in it's path with two notable exceptions. Magnagora and Glomdoring were so pure 100% awesome sauce that their sheer presence of coolness transformed that original force into Magnagora's Taint (in Magnagora) and Glomdoring's Wyrd (in Glomdoring) as we know them today.

Mag Taint and Glom Wyrd are related only in that they have a common catalyst.

When Glomdoring was released Mag screwed with them and lorded over them because they are kinda dicks like that. Glom didn't think it was funny and has been a little bitchy about it ever since.

In not quite so distant history though, Glom went through an extended period of marked supremacy that came to a decisive end. They are used to having people worship them and are butthurt that those times came to an end. They can claim historical injustices that only a few remember but their struggle is real and it is from more recent events. Their choice on how to deal with that is all on them. No one is powerful enough to force the hands of those stubborn bastards.

/truthbomb

• Glomdoring is still in a postion of Supremacy. All you heathens just do not realize it
    /forumrp

And I thought the Taint in Mag was unchanged Taint?
  • Original taint has the minor drawback of basically putting you under Keth's control. Then a blast of planar feedback kicked him off the link.
  • Ah! I knew he was gone but I always assumed if he returned that he would have control again. Guess I was waay wrong.
  • Yeah, they are different things. Not something we brag about though because having reality destroying mist of death in our back pocket sounds better and we are kinda dicks like that.

• Sooo turns out there is another Divine I like the concept of just as much as @Viravain .... @Drocilla .

I like them both the same OOCly but IC Makaela holds Viravain in higher regard. It is a close Second though! The other divine come no where close though. Thier ideals/teachings are just not compatible enough with Makaela.
  • I have a weird feeling, based pretty much on her help file and fulcrux, that Stratas would totally adore Drocilla if he met her. Maybe next time he quits Glom I'll head to Mag, if she's still active.

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
    Stratas said:

I have a weird feeling, based pretty much on her help file and fulcrux, that Stratas would totally adore Drocilla if he met her. Maybe next time he quits Glom I'll head to Mag, if she's still active.

Stratas said:

I need a magalt

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited May 2015
    Llandros said:
    Honestly, I think that whole matter is largely due to poor word choice in the histories.

The miasma death cloud infused with the spirit of a soulless one trying to break into our realm and destroy reality was referred to as taint. If it had been call anything else I don't think we would be having this conversation.

The cloud killed and destroyed all in it's path with two notable exceptions. Magnagora and Glomdoring were so pure 100% awesome sauce that their sheer presence of coolness transformed that original force into Magnagora's Taint (in Magnagora) and Glomdoring's Wyrd (in Glomdoring) as we know them today.

Mag Taint and Glom Wyrd are related only in that they have a common catalyst.

When Glomdoring was released Mag screwed with them and lorded over them because they are kinda dicks like that. Glom didn't think it was funny and has been a little bitchy about it ever since.

In not quite so distant history though, Glom went through an extended period of marked supremacy that came to a decisive end. They are used to having people worship them and are butthurt that those times came to an end. They can claim historical injustices that only a few remember but their struggle is real and it is from more recent events. Their choice on how to deal with that is all on them. No one is powerful enough to force the hands of those stubborn bastards.

/truthbomb

The game lore historian in me is unable to stop itself from correcting this.

The taint wasnt released to destroy, nor was that its original intention. The taint showed first early signs of mutating and changing individuals/things (As Rowena, whom was able to connect to Night whom in turn was connected to Kethuru, had stated: "The 'Almighty One' was transforming everything to suit His image"). There are actually few cases of where the Taint actually 'destroyed' someone or something. It was said (and I repeat, said) that the fatalities during the taint were those that couldnt handle the transformation. So what was Kethuru doing? He was transforming things and making them more powerful, while having them under his control through the Taint. He was basically fielding an army of 'mortals', something not very common in early Soulless History, but we see cases of this occurring later, such as Crazen with the Krokani and Zenos with the Trill. The taint was a device created from Kethuru, whom then lost control of it (Thank you Gaudi-Halli). It basically is now a tool harnessed by Magnagora and able to be manipulated by them.

The Orclach are perhaps the most unique case when it comes to the taint, with no other case equal to them. Some of them were transformed into their undead state, as is what they had always wanted, while others become diminished and....stupid, now known as the Orcs. Why is this? There are several theories one can play to. They were undeserving of the gifts of Urlach (Orclach version)? Some Orclach had Urlach's energies inherited in them from their ancestors, and the taint triggered it? Etc. etc.

The Glomdoring/Gloriana change is actually an interesting story with more to it. For example, did you know that when Gloriana was tainted and became Glomdoring, that Rowena and others went to ethereal to slay the fae (Etherglom) and feed the essence to Kethuru? This is one of the reasons why Maeve had sealed off Etherglom from Faethorn, by disconnecting the Archway, once upon a time.
  • I fully expect Kethuru's ultimate goal was still to eventually destroy. The Taint was a just a device to make the mortal races weaker by turning them against each other. The underlying, most basic conflict of Lusternia has always been between Dynara vs Magnora or, now, Elders vs Soulless (creation vs destruction).

• Execept.. Where does Estarra fit in?  I read she was the fusing of Dynara and Magnora?
  • A long, long time ago, Dynara and Magnora fell through a portal in space for reasons, and fused together, becoming Estarra. In the strange new world in which they found themselves, the wandered for ages, looking for the Nameless Son of Yudhe. And find him they did... his Divine Spirit splintered into the staff of the Iron Realms Entertainment corporate offices. IRE being the savvy business people they are, convinced Estarra to license Her world to Them and work behind the scenes. Though She contained both the creative spirit of Dynara and the Destructive spirit of Magnora, Estarra Herself was prohibited by contract from destroying, causing, or allowing anything to cause the destruction of the world. And this is why She doesn't just get rid of the Soulless and we have to keep doing Ascencion events.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Why does nobody actually tell me when I develop a reputation for doing things? I'd like a notification, if I'm going to be infamous!
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Sometimes, I really feel like everything in the game just lines up against you. It's a rough feeling. Just gotta focus on the people who put themselves out there to interact with you, right? 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Somehow we went from a pretty even fight in an enemy meld, to claim and drop and ignoring of absolves. 

How disappointing :(

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Somehow we went from a pretty even fight in an enemy meld, to claim and drop and ignoring of absolves. 

You could spice things up a bit by contributing to the other side of the fight :P
    Kalliste said:
    Synkarin said:

You could spice things up a bit by contributing to the other side of the fight :P

Things were pretty even.... are you saying you need more people than us to even try? (I kid, I kid, kind of)

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I know when I logged in to the absolve, I really wasn't in the mood for a fight, especially against 2 enemy melders and a plethora of seasoned combatants. There was barely any chatter abotu it on the alliance clan, so I can only imagine everyone else gave a mental "meh".

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Don't forget the rage enemying! I died more than anyone I'm pretty sure. It was good, there has been far too little fighting lately and it's making me even rustier. I was looking forward to a stage 2 rumble, but no dice :(.

I bet the enemier (is that even a word?) Has that aliased for speed.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Me and La Cucaracha were talking about looking forward to stage 2 fights too, @Lavinya, but no luck. Just a bad tactical idea to go for it. ::::/ 

Maybe next time?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess

Lavinya said:
    Don't forget the rage enemying! I died more than anyone I'm pretty sure. It was good, there has been far too little fighting lately and it's making me even rustier. I was looking forward to a stage 2 rumble, but no dice :(.
    You want your cake and to eat it too. You jump the stage 1 build up with a zerg, you can expect that they'll just pull out. Least of all make you wait until it expires... if not longer as we noticed happen. As to the so-called 'rage' enemying... eh, believe what you will. You're always free to contest it with the CL and see what that gets you. Passive aggressive complaints will get you nowhere.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Who knew that a minor event specifically created for conflict would have so much conflict in it
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Elanorwen said:

Lavinya said:
    You want your cake and to eat it too. You jump the stage 1 build up with a zerg, you can expect that they'll just pull out. Least of all make you wait until it expires... if not longer as we noticed happen. As to the so-called 'rage' enemying... eh, believe what you will. You're always free to contest it with the CL and see what that gets you. Passive aggressive complaints will get you nowhere.
    I was sitting in the domoth realms waiting for death, when -I- was jumped by @Kaimanahi, who was followed by the zerg thankyouverymuch. So naturally, our friends came to help. You had numbers and a melder ( we didn't at that time) So yes, we were a little disappointed. I'm not sure where having my cake and eating it comes into it.

And I have taken IC measures about the status, because I don't just whine, I do something about it. Tell me, did you ever contact anyone else in Morg's order about your enemying? Because that's a grudge you've held forever that you remind us of often.

I call it a rage enemying, when I've never been enemied to Hallifax for attacking their citizens during domoths or flares or revolts before. It sure looked like it was a retaliation for being absolved, when one of the people enemied didn't even attack you, she was just in the domoth realms already. But anyway! It's nothing anyone is surprised about and I am sure my IC letter will open dialogue to solve the issue.

Elanorwen said:

Lavinya said:
    Oh man, someone is bitter here. Zerg? The first scuffle was 8v7, not a zerg by any means. We didn't even have a melder, and you guys decided just to sit on it.  Nice try here.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Org enemying over domoths is pretty lame, and yet everyone seems to do it. I lost count of how many times I was enemied to Gaudiguch (illegally, from the perspective of their own laws) for participating in Domoth claims. I only discovered that there was an elder God named Yomoigu when I suddenly found myself enemied to the order because of some silly combat event or another... 
This discussion has been closed.