Saracen Combat & Utility System

This is to announce the release of Saracen version 1.0. At the moment, please consider this a pre-release.

Saracen is an advanced and highly capable system for those users wishing to make a wide range of activity within Lusternia much simpler and more streamlined.

At this stage, Saracen's curing functions are not enabled. Should you seek a curing system, you have a number of options available, though the systems I recommend for Mudlet at this stage are:

Vadi's m&m system: http://vadisystems.com/mm/
Tulemrah's 'Medic!' system: http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/325/medic-a-free-system-for-mudlet

The features that Saracen does provide, however, are listed below:

* A fully functional user interface, proving a huge range of features and data.

Including, but not limited to:

A channel capture window that will display all tells from clans, orgs, tells, says, etc. This requires absolutely no work on your part.
      It 'just works' for all your channels, utilising GMCP to ensure every aether is correctly processed.

A map window element which will quickly and effectively display either a 2D or 3D map of your local area.
      As per the Mudlet functionality, this element is highly configurable to your liking.

A simple title bar displaying character information.

A status bar displaying our current selected target, system status and queue actions.

A room items element. This will update all room items in real time, mobs included.
      Configurable so that you can colour those more important items. Currently, Saracen will display mobs in red,
      'important' items in yellow and everything else in white.

A player info element. This will display characters in our local area. Currently works from both the artifact nose and totems scent.
      Will also correctly update from the new GMCP player info key.

Warning labels. Very easily add highly visible warning labels. All labels stack neatly much like 'Growl' notifications.

Clickable user interface elements. Saracen's UI is highly responsive, giving us the option to make quick changes to the available
      features with just a single click.

* A fully automated area walker.

With a simple click, Saracen will path through an entire local area, ensuring you enter all rooms in as few moves as possible.

* An automated bashing system.

Again, with a simple click, Saracen will path through an area, killing all mobs. The system will require that you enter a command to
   continue the process so that the system falls in line with IRE policies.

* An automated influencing system.

As above, Saracen comes complete with an automatic influence system. At this time, this feature requires that you manually walk
   through the area. Unless there are compelling reasons to change this, it will remain as-is.

* A highly effective and combat-ready queueing system.

With Saracen, you can very quickly and easily add queued functions to the system via the API. All actions have multiple arguments
   associated with them, enabling us to specify whether an action requires or consumes any sort of balance. It is also possible to specify
   whether an action should be repeated. Comes with a 'guarantee', where should you queue an item, Saracen will 100% ensure that
   the action was completed. (Requires a trigger adding, though support is provided for this).

All actions fully respect the m&m system should you be using that and should you have any afflictions that m&m deems 'important',
   Saracen will not send any queued actions until the afflictions are cured.

* A persistent settings system

All essential data that you add to the system will remain saved through updates. Including but not limited to things like additional
   mobs to the bashing and influence tables, toggles and user added stylesheets.

* Failsafe system.

There are times when you wish to script a command and ensure it does not get resent within a specific time period. With the failsafe
   system available in Saracen, this becomes extremely trivial to implement into your own scripts.

* System echoes.

Saracen comes complete with a wide range of methods to echo text to the output window in a fancy fashion to ensure those most
   important situations and actions can be easily seen.

* Additional functions.

Saracen comes complete with a huge range of pre-defined functions to use in your own scripts. (Over 100 in total).

* GMCP support.

Support for the GMCP protocol with Saracen is extremely comprehensive. Should there be a key or event for a GMCP packet,
   Saracen will parse it.

* Toggles system.

Such is the case that, at times, you require to do more than simply set a variable to check whether something is enabled or not.
   With the included toggles system, this task is made simple.

* User interface themes.

Saracen comes included with a selection of stylesheets should you wish to change the theme of the user interface. Simply click
   the uppermost element to cycle through the available themes.

* Highlighting support.

Whether you seek to highlight a single word, a whole sentence, or an entire paragraph, Saracen makes this very simple.

* Vitals change display.

Saracen has the option to display changes to your character vitals. If our health, mana or ego should change, the system will
   echo the change onto the prompt in a neat and tidy fashion.

* Automatic rift maintenance.

With a simple alias, Saracen will purchase all herbs and refills from a shop, filling up to the limit specified.

* Area echoes.

Saracen will display our local area, tagged onto the end of the room name.

* New area echoes.

Saracen will display an unobtrusive echo when you enter a new area, displaying the area name.

* Random stuff.

Numerous failsafes and random triggers in place for things like automatic eating on hunger, autolearning, network latency
   tracking, wheel suiciding [sic], clan addons, etc.

* Ikon trader.

Simple ikon trader, allowing you to trade ikons between trade associates.

* Combat alerts.

Saracen comes complete with a wide range of combat alerts, warning us of imminent danger and those more important
   situations.

* Numpad movement.

Quickly and easily move aroundd via your keyboard numpad.

* Shrine echoes.

Quickly and easily determine what shrine (or shrine influence) is in a room with our handy shrine echoes.

Saracen comes complete with extensive support options. All users have access to email, Skype, AIM, MSN, IRC,
Facebook and telephone.

Saracen costs sixty credits or dingbats to purchase. Alternatively, you may pay in cash. The cost should you choose
this option is twenty five US dollars.

The system will continue to be developed for the foreseeable future. Should there be any feature requests, please feel
free to suggest them.

Note: All users of Saracen beta are eligible for a free upgrade to the new system. You need do nothing at this stage, the
system will be delivered in the normal fashion.

Contact details:

New sales: sales at pharanyx.com - Please provide the character that you wish to use the system on. Note: Saracen will
work on one character only. You may purchase Saracen for an alt for the price of twenty credits (or dingbats). Alternatively,
alt systems cost eight US dollars.

Sales enquiries: martin at pharanyx.com

Support: (Existing customers only): saracen at pharanyx.com
   IRC: Connect to the Freenode network with your favourite client and join channel #saracen-beta
   MSN: fetaera
   AIM: fetaera
   Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fetaera
   Telephone: By request only.

Bug reports and feature requests: martin at pharanyx.com

If there are any questions, if you might kindly contact me via one of the above methods rather than post on this
thread, that would be great.

Finally, I wish to express a huge thanks to the many beta testers of Saracen. I doubt that without your input, Saracen
would have grown into what it has
become.

Kind regards,

Marty.

Comments

• Bump.

Saracen is still beta at the moment, but development -has- continued.
    Need credits for my witch. Buy Saracen. It's good. :)

Also to note, I'll be moving all existing customers over to a more up to date version over the next few days, so stay tuned.

*** NOTE ***
    My mailserver is down at the moment. For any enquiries, please contact me on my gmail: fetaera at gmail.com or on Skype: phasma77

Thanks.
  • @Draylor Is this system still operational? If so, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot and dishing out the credits for it. Please let me know. Thanks!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Draylor hasn't been around in a long while.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Not only that, I know of one person who paid for it, found it didn't work and was told 'yeah sorry I don't deal with that anymore'. Months and months ago. It never worked for her. Someone should delete this thread.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Saracen had some ok stuff in it, but needed a lot of work. For instance, you almost had to have a nose or scent to use it, and it would remove your friend/enemy list and set it to a pre-arranged group based on who was in the area.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Hopefully, Draylor is off living a great life and has found some peace. Unless, things have changed drastically, he neither has the resources or ability to really maintain a system. I say this not to knock him (creating and maintaining such systems is beyond all but the tiny minority of people), but to help protect other players.