Warrior Combat Proposal - Final (almost)

13»

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Kaimanahi said:
    Sorry, it's hard for me to dig into trying to figure this proposal out because I don't know what the supporting mechanics are. Can you please explain the wounding numbers/system? How much wounding does each hit do? What are the thresholds for each wound level? How are they cured? How will armour affect wounding? What is the relation between bruise/bleed and wounding? Will you still be able to apply poisons to weapons? Are you keeping stance, parry, and rebounding? 
    This- we need to know this information. If stance, parry, and rebounding remain in their current state I see some issues. Parry and wounding affliction proc rates need to be divorced from target dexterity. Honestly, the major issues with current warriors are just the layers of RNG and outliers- think the overhaul is going to make more issues than fix as it's changing the skills/affs moreso than the fundamental issues with RNG layers (or maybe not, but how are we supposed to even comment on this proposal without the answers to those questions above?)

Also, MutilateLeg reads as

|
    Functions same as ampuated limb now, minus the extra bleeding and limb is still targetable.
    Amputations do not prone, so will this be added to ML? The main proning method is the backbone and catalyst of every warrior skillset. If you cannot reliably prone to bypass parry and stance, you will miss so much as to be useless. This is one of the issues with warriors specs that make them limited and ineffectual currently.

• Dexterity is going to go away entirely, so divorcing parry/stance from it is already going to happen.
  • Well that's good.
  • edited June 2015
    Clarifications request:

1) Wounding influences cure time for ice to base + modifier.  So instant base, 1s at light, 2s at heavy, and a painful 3s at critical?  

2) The balance on ice is not the same as apply time, right? That is, if you apply to leg to cure mutilated leg and it is crit, that cures in 3s, but the balance comes back on normal time so you can apply to arm?  AKA, do warriors automatically perma aff you if they get two areas crit, so they can rotate.

3) 20 wounds max still, yes?

4) What are the final 10 affs at this time and what are the final effects? 

Planning to convert stuff to what to expect for monks and doing some of the writing type stuff, but want to account for this. Like monks shouldn't wound on every hit or they could get wounds faster than warriors, and curing would be impossible. Needs a softer touch, and skill by skill.
  • Yeah, I don't think the wounds modifier will affect regaining salve balance, just the time it takes to go through with the cure. Though if it comes out otherwise, we can probably request for it to be changed.