Overhaul Help Files

I want a nice, simple help file to explain how the 10 level system works. Below is my first draft. Any input would be appreciated!

Buffs, stats (health/mana/ego), resistances, regeneration and similar benefits or maluses are based on a 10 level system. If a skill or ability lists two numbers, it most likely means it is on the 10 level system (ex: 1/5, 2/8, 4/4, etc.).

The first number is the actual level. The second number is the maximum level that particular ability counts towards. For example, 1/4 fire resistance means it is a level 1 fire resistance and will give +1 fire resistance up to level 4.

If you have a 2/2, 1/1 and 1/2 fire resistance, it will only count as a level 2 fire resistance because none of the resistances count over level 2.

If you have a 1/3, 1/1 and 1/2 fire resistance, it will count as a level 3 fire resistance: 1/1 gives the first level, 1/2 gives the second level (as it can go to a max of 2), and the 1/3 takes you to 3 (as it can go to a max of 3).

Do not worry what order you apply your resistances, it will always be calculated to your maximum benefit.

Generally, the maximum level is 10, though certain artifacts can take you up to level 13.

Comments

• edited June 2015
    The thing I like most about the overhaul so far is that we actually know what "level 1" <whatever> does. If you could put all that in this file, that would be perfect. For example, how each level of resistance soaks up 3% of that typed damage.
  • Estarra, I know how much it is wanted to have multiple skills in skillsets, but given the way the game has now changed, please consider moving bodyscan down to one of the first few skills. Trying to explain this sort of system over and over to people without bodyscan just isn't worth the frustration.

I would suggest adding in a partial example using using perhaps vitals at the end.
  • Adding in how much each buff gives might be worth it there, since there are only a few different variations. Buff/Resistance: 3% per level. Regen: 1% per level, etc.