Post Overhaul Influencing

I'd like to get a list of the actual benefits to influencing after the overhaul.  What percentages are boosts giving?

I ask because I tried as a Mugwump and a Human vs Lirangsha krokani, both with and without my Mount giving me influencing bonuses, and in all 4 situations, the Lirangsha krokani took 14 "attacks" to defeat, and the Daughters of night took 13.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The influencing bonuses have always been very, very minor.  You have to stack quite a bit of them to really see a lot of difference (like stacking wetfolds, artifacts, beasts, dramatics).
  • Are all bonuses equal? or some stronger than others?  How many stacked bonuses will equal to 1 less influencing attack?  Is it possible with all the bonuses to have more than 1 influence attack reduced?
  • "one attack" isn't exactly a good measurement... If you take four attacks to influence something, you'd need a 33% increase to get to three attacks, whereas if you need 10 attacks, you need a 11% increase.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    All the racial influencing bonuses are equal

(which hilariously means Illithoid is the best influencing race now)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Wondering if fink dramatics boost is equal to other non-dramatic racial boosts.

• Synkarin said:
    All the racial influencing bonuses are equal

(which hilariously means Illithoid is the best influencing race now)
    but how much better?
    edited June 2015
    They're all equal.....

It's only better because it has bonuses to all 5 influencing types,  other races only have bonuses to 2 or 3, you decide 'how much better' that is

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Oh, you meant the race benefit was equal, not that all types of influencing bonuses are equal?
  • edited June 2015
    All racial influencing bonuses are equal, they give the same modifier.

The Illithoid spread of all influence types however is at Demigod+, as opposed to two types at level 50 for other races.

Edited for clarity.
  • edited June 2015
    Baelor said:
    All influencing bonuses are equal, they give the same modifier.

The Illithoid spread of all influence types however is at Demigod+, as opposed to two types at level 50 for other races.
    The bonus from the IKON deck, the bonus from performances, and the bonus from mounts are all the same size bonus?
  • Does the ikon deck actually give a bonus to influencing? I thought it just reduced the ego damage.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    It only helps if they hit you back AFAIK.

They shouldn't be hitting you back.

Daganev said:
    Baelor said:
    All influencing bonuses are equal, they give the same modifier.

The bonus from the IKON deck, the bonus from performances, and the bonus from mounts are all the same size bonus?

I think he's just refering to the racial bonuses and not additional bonuses like performance/mounts/runes etc. @Talan is right about gestalts, they just reduce ego damage, they don't increase influencing.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • What Synkarin said, all the racial bonuses give the same increase to their respective influence attacks.
  • edited June 2015
    Having influenced for a bit now, I can honestly say that influencing is way too slow.  Could the base speed be 3 seconds instead of 4? And maybe make the base stat equivlient to an 18 instead of a 16?

Actually, I just realized that the faster influencing is, the harder it would be because you might outpace your sipping speed.
  • I agree influencing is kind of bad right now. When when I went to Tae'dae which had buffs in the influencing types I was testing it was still noticeably slower. It kind of sucks - though I think the speed is less than 4 seconds. I think when I tested it was like 3.6 to 3.7.

I don't think people took into account that not only would you be doing less damage per attack but you'd also be slower with charisma brought down to 16.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    At least a few people are probably happy to see Influencing brought more in line with bashing by slowing it down slightly and standardizing it. Influencing still has the massive Ikon xp boosts, so speed debuff might be warranted.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited June 2015
    Bashing, for the record, has also slowed considerably. I could permalink Astral spheres without much issue because I could kill them fast enough, now I have to unlink pretty frequently because I can't keep up with the links even though I actually have more buffs as a bard than I did as an SD and being tankier (due to being able to maintain illusoryself on astral). Bashing attacks are also slower because of the racial bal/eq buffs being removed. 

So it sounds like it's right in line with bashing so far as nerfing goes. 

Influencing still remains the much safer option with virtually no risk involved, has access to huge boosts via ikons, generates a sellable commodity on top of gold gathered through begging, and generates offerings at easily  over 10 times the rate of corpse offerings due to figurines. IMO it's the low risk alternative to bashing that generates mountains of offerings a basher is literally incapable of keeping up with. It should be slow, or at least slower than bashing. 
  • I'm bashing a lot slower than I used to as well.
  • As an aside, influencing and debating has now been made to be affected by equilibrium bonuses, much as bashing is for either eq/balance bonuses.

That 4s base should start moving once this buff gets stacked.
  • If there is a concern about influencing giving too much xp, then the xp should be lowered, rather than making it slower (i.e. more boring)
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I doubt the speed at which your auto influencer influences has an impact on the excitement gained from watching your autoinfluencer influence. 
    Viynain said:
    influencing and debating has now been made to be affected by equilibrium bonuses,
    OMG, it's like the old days all over again.

-reincarnates into mugwump-

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:
    Viynain said:
    influencing and debating has now been made to be affected by equilibrium bonuses,
    OMG, it's like the old days all over again.

-reincarnates into mugwump-
    Except mugwump doesn't have an eq bonus so uhhh.... what?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Daganev said:
    If there is a concern about influencing giving too much xp, then the xp should be lowered, rather than making it slower (i.e. more boring)

Both have the same effect in that context, making you have to take longer to gain the same xp results. However, leaving it as it is (with a slower time), simuntaneously helps curb all the other runaway benefits of Influencing mentioned. It's still a really really good deal.
  • Celina said:
    I doubt the speed at which your auto influencer influences has an impact on the excitement gained from watching your autoinfluencer influence. 
    Don't confuse the removal of boredom with the addition of excitement.
    Its a question of how often I need to be involved (i.e. move to the new room).
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daganev said:
    Celina said:
    Don't confuse the removal of boredom with the addition of excitement.
    Its a question of how often I need to be involved (i.e. move to the new room).
    Being that you're supposed to be at your computer and paying attention to what's happening in-game, I'd hope you're involved 100% of the time you're actually auto-influencing. Anything beyond that could be considered botting, something that is against Lusternia's rules and policies.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I think what he meant is just, it's boring to sit there watching your system do all the work. Faster influencing = less watching, and more movement, which is at least something active.
  • Enyalida said:
    Daganev said:
    If there is a concern about influencing giving too much xp, then the xp should be lowered, rather than making it slower (i.e. more boring)

Both have the same effect in that context, making you have to take longer to gain the same xp results. However, leaving it as it is (with a slower time), simuntaneously helps curb all the other runaway benefits of Influencing mentioned. It's still a really really good deal.
    One has the effect of boring me, the other doesn't.  I don't consider those equal.
  • edited June 2015
    Having bashed to level 80 and then influenced to demigod most of that as a Wood in the old system, and currently classflexed as a Wood in the new system still influencing, I don't think influence should really change for the better. 

So what if it is slow? All you do is run to the Aetherplex, buy some Bromide and Wetfolds, eat an Ikon and stand in a safe room for 20 - 30 minutes while chatting on OOC Clans.

As is Influencing is cheap, risk-free (unless you go to Lirangsha and run into @Ardmore's bad side), and anyone who thinks there is any aspect of influencing that is not boring as hell is deluding themselves.

I frequently have to tell my wife "seriousy, I know my computer is just influencing these guards, but I really do have to sit here and watch it happening so no I can't do the dishes right now" - That's my story and I am sticking to it.