Aeon Overhaul?

2»

Comments

• Celina said:
     IMO, envoys responsible for these skills should have been addressing them on a class by class basis. Removing aeon, when aeon has not historically always been a problem until Hallifax, cantors, etc became an issue, is not really addressing the issue and unfairly punishing everyone else who were not unabalanced with it. 

Aeon is far too powerful to envoy away! The aeon wars can only escalate!

In unrelated news: In the interests of removing unique afflictions during this overhaul I propose that Geomancer twirl staff apply sap.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    But, because the earth plain is now tainted, it must be rotting sap that also gives plague afflictions.

• Silvanus said:
    Aeon tarot is the last Nihilist refuge. It would make sense to delete it so they don't have any ways left to kill with.
    Laughed too hard at this. Rest in peace Nihilist combat.
  • Shuyin said:
    Rofl this is going well. Aeon is fine. Skills that bypass its defense immediately with no real cost or skills that give aeon + 3 affs are what need to be examined.

Oh and for anyone that says it requires skill to pull them off.

#skillz
  • I... am not even sure what to call this thread. Woah, can you say derailed by people with aeon?

Rhetoric and sarcasm aside, aeon is a problem when it is the last thing you can do.  If you are waiting to cure or die, we have lost the spirit of it being a fight, and more being a gank. That is my concern with aeon as an affliction.  Aeon as a focus is generally and ritually bad.  Those that gimmick on aeon have stun+blackout+tears+salt to go with it. Rarely does an "aeon dependant" guild only do lone aeon in a hit (moonys may be the exception here). No one should deliver a stun+aeon+blackout as a single hit, especially when you can now stop curing of it with a beast spit (asthma), and still have time to react before the person can do much about it. 

Make aeon delay all actions but not stop them, sure.  Make aeon delay actions against the afflicted, sure. 

Make these Xp aeon skills of near instant death go away? Definitely. 

@Celina and @Enyalida, Can you two start tl;dr so we can escape your rhetorics and get the actual feedback? I would love to hear Celina's opinion but I am starting to gloss over because it is usually just forum warring with Enyalida at this point. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I already discussed this re: envoys, but an elegant solution to the aeon/bearhug combo is to gate bearhug's collapselungs behind wounds. Have bearhug always do chest wounds and if chest wounds > X, then it will give collapsedlungs.

Now the aff isn't instantly dealable and involves a bit more work than blowing 2p and doing the attack.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Bearhug costs power?

• Shuyin said:

I already discussed this re: envoys, but an elegant solution to the aeon/bearhug combo is to gate bearhug's collapselungs behind wounds. Have bearhug always do chest wounds and if chest wounds > X, then it will give collapsedlungs.

Now the aff isn't instantly dealable and involves a bit more work than blowing 2p and doing the attack.
    Might be better to have it do something like double damage.
  • Qistrel said:
    Bearhug costs power?
    No, he's referring to a combination of bearhug + other abilities.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Malarious said:
    I... am not even sure what to call this thread. Woah, can you say derailed by people with aeon?

Rhetoric and sarcasm aside, aeon is a problem when it is the last thing you can do.  If you are waiting to cure or die, we have lost the spirit of it being a fight, and more being a gank. That is my concern with aeon as an affliction.  Aeon as a focus is generally and ritually bad.  Those that gimmick on aeon have stun+blackout+tears+salt to go with it. Rarely does an "aeon dependant" guild only do lone aeon in a hit (moonys may be the exception here). No one should deliver a stun+aeon+blackout as a single hit, especially when you can now stop curing of it with a beast spit (asthma), and still have time to react before the person can do much about it. 

Make aeon delay all actions but not stop them, sure.  Make aeon delay actions against the afflicted, sure. 

@Celina and @Enyalida, Can you two start tl;dr so we can escape your rhetorics and get the actual feedback? I would love to hear Celina's opinion but I am starting to gloss over because it is usually just forum warring with Enyalida at this point. 
    Or you could read my original post. There was one sentence that had anything to do with Enyalida. 
  • Celina said:
    Malarious said:
    I... am not even sure what to call this thread. Woah, can you say derailed by people with aeon?

Or you could read my original post. There was one sentence that had anything to do with Enyalida. 
    I did, and continued reading another post mostly. Then you guys seemed to be talking to eachother, more than to the topic. 

Hot fix on bearhug, ala Shuyin's idea, works perfectly for this.

What do you do to offset the aeon+stun+stuff though? Remove things? Up cost? How do you actually fix that general area without breaking it?