Conspiracy Theories of Lusternia

2»

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2015
    Achaea is across the Void. So are we, kinda.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The first Ascension was actually when Servelan de Vermiis became Eris.

My theory on the Fininkora debacle:

Fininkora was pretty little artist dancer goddess. After seeing Dracnoris shred His sister, Malmydia thought it would be great if they had more gigantic powerhouse primals. With the help of Manteekan, she convinced Fininkora they could turn her into a powerful warrior using flesh-crafting (see also Illluminati) and a bit of soulless essence.

It didn't go so well. Not only did Malmydia fail to create a primal-like goddess, Eventru found out what was going on and shut down her experiments.

• Newt Blasterson secretly condones the Gnafia. The group exists as a scapegoat and a distraction - a face of villainy to show the people of the Basin so that we don't look too closely at the mysterious undertakings at the Facility, or make any efforts to seize their technology by force. What else could explain the ubiquity of the Gnafia presence in every gnomish settlement, and on board every trader? Wake up, sheeple. The gnomes haven't succeeded in sussing out Gnafia agents because they aren't trying to.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Told you all gnomes were baaaaad.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shaddus has this idea that the gods who devoured the essence of other gods gain some of their powers as well, and that Drocilla's alluring smell is really stolen from Fininkora
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Donato said:
    Arguably the most infamous one is where humans come from. I agree with this one: Dynara, Magnora and Yudhe go off in search of the son of Yudhe. He goes to Achaea, where he rapes Maya (Actual Achaea explanation for humans), and this creates humans, which Estarra then takes to Lusternia. This implies Achaea is just another timeline/universe which exists in the same world of Lusternia.

Trippy.
    That's disgusting.  Are you saying that that is YOUR theory, or that Achaea has an explanation for humans involving *rape*?
    If that is the case - that is, if Achaea actually has an explanation like that - I can't believe that people actually play that game.  Rape isn't something to joke about.
  • edited June 2015
    Depictions or allusions to rape in fiction are not the same as joking about rape. Also, Lusternia's shadow faelings are the product of the rape of Laeroc by Rowena Nightshade.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    Depictions or allusions to rape in fiction are not the same as joking about rape. Also, Lusternia's shadow faelings are the product of the rape of Laeroc by Rowena Nightshade.
    Ugh.  I had no idea.  I really don't like that...
  • Yeah. There are a lot of things like this though, and Lusternia is hardly unique in its inclusion of seriously dark themes. I figure though, if I can separate the torture, murder, the exploitation of children, slavery, etc. from real life events, that I can do the same for any reference rape. It's not treated with any levity; it's just part of the narrative.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Ino said:
    Talan said:
    Ugh.  I had no idea.  I really don't like that...
    Pfft, Tylwyth has sacraficed 6+ newborn babies, that he personally stole from their crib, he also eats his enemies.
    Cannabilism! Infanticide!

All of which are encouraged if he talked about it in Glom.
    I'm not saying rape is a good thing, but it happens, and in this case, isn't dwelled on or lionised or encouraged.
    Also the first theory is just an OOC metagame theory, not an IC canon thing. The second instance is actually a players description of what occured, what the lore says is "tricked" which can count as rape, but not in the drug/force sense. Duplicitess rape? Or some thing like that(lying to get into a persons pants, basically).
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
     The second instance is actually a players description of what occured, what the lore says is "tricked" which can count as rape, but not in the drug/force sense.

Events post #25:
    "Rowena played upon the pacts to lure the fae noble Laeroc, Consort to Queen Maeve of Faethorn, with a potion of her own
    devising to come to her. Rowena then begat a child with Laeroc, using strong magics to seed her womb to life."

She actually did drug him.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    By the way, the rape of Laeroc is always inferred afaik. Neither party has actually said what really happened, and from my own research into the origins of faelings, their conception may be magical rather than physical, not least because fae really shouldn't be able to interbreed with a mortal race.

The Laeroc thing has always bothered me, though, especially the way he acted after said incident (incredibly ashamed).

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Qistrel said:
    By the way, the rape of Laeroc is always inferred afaik. Neither party has actually said what really happened, and from my own research into the origins of faelings, their conception may be magical rather than physical, not least because fae really shouldn't be able to interbreed with a mortal race.

The Laeroc thing has always bothered me, though, especially the way he acted after said incident (incredibly ashamed).
    Uh.  Rowena is an (undead) elfen.  Elfen & faelings interbreeding is how we got faelings.

/confused.
    Because you have not asked why.

Why can elfen, who are the shards of an elder god; interbreed with fae, who are not?

Why can fae only interbreed with elfen?

And why do all (pre-shadow) faelings have butterfly wings?

There are answers to these questions. You just have to look for them.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xenthos said:
    Qistrel said:

Uh.  Rowena is an (undead) elfen.  Elfen & faelings interbreeding is how we got faelings.

/confused.
    /confused2
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    Xenthos said:
    Qistrel said:

/confused.
    /confused2
    There, try that!
  • Qistrel said:

Well that's a made up rule. Clearly they can. There is no "shouldn't be able to" because they did. There is an -entire Glomdoring Great House- descended from the bastard children of one of the Avatars of Night. And since the Elders said of Spirit Sun that they were made of the same stuff "just thinner".... there's really no reason why not. Some elfen could go knock up Mother Night -right now- if he could get into her pants without dying horribly.

Why elfen? Personally, I blame Obama. I'll give you two theories, which are both the same, just different generations.
    1) During the Elder Wars, Elfenehoala had two vital contributions. One was serving as a connection to Lisaera for the routing of the Traitors, and the other was tending to the fae and Maeve during and after attacks on the forests. This connection endeared the Maeve to Her, and formed a connection strong enough that later, Her shards were able to breed with the fae and produce something new

2) Likewise, but with Ellindel. She was primarily responsible for rediscovering and healing the fae, and building and empowering the Well of Souls to keep the Faethorn healthy. A similar connection might have been formed then, as she used essence from her shard of Elfie to heal Maeve. Since I think she released the dark fae from Wydyr when she was trying to build the Well, the slaugh might have embraced that connection as well, in what was undoubtedly very pearlsy gratitude.

As for the wings... why do all redcaps have red caps and fingers like knives? Why are all pigwidgeons humanoid but walk on all fours, and all wear dishevelled clothing with overly large, feature concealing hats? Why do all cowslip fae look exactly the same? Fae just take on certain forms, as befits their nature. The nature of faelings is to have butterfly wings. Except the shadow faelings who have bat wings, and Stratas who is six feet tall, has bird wings, and dominantly expresses as the shard of Trillillial.

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
    I know the Shee-Slaugh lore. And you make some good points, but there's still a point you're missing. :D

• Alternate theory: Any mortal race can interbreed with fae, but only the Elfens have done so in great enough numbers for Elfen+Fae to be a recognizable demographic. The butterfly wing thing is a quirk of Elfenehoala's essence.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Maybe the fae just think everyone else is physically revolting and only elfen are pretty enough to inspire lust in them.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.