Real World Raves

Comments

• Tacita said:
    Hold on. Let me just get this tree trunk out of my eye.
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tacita said:
    Brightens my day when I can think of people that could easily be in those stories.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    By perfect do you mean S rank "Not miss a note" SS rank "Critical every note" or SSS?

My setup depends on what game variant I'm playing, but the core seems to be Squall/Sepiroth/Cloud/Kain, 255 str with +str for the AP multipliers are awesome for farming BMS stages of as many creatures as possible.
    Critical every note! I got SS on Zanarkand easy on my 3rd try, though the medium one has proven mildly difficult. Though it's been a busy week, so I've not had too much time to play. Couple hours in and I already feel the addiction growing.
    Eventru said:
    Morkarion said:
    By perfect do you mean S rank "Not miss a note" SS rank "Critical every note" or SSS?

My setup depends on what game variant I'm playing, but the core seems to be Squall/Sepiroth/Cloud/Kain, 255 str with +str for the AP multipliers are awesome for farming BMS stages of as many creatures as possible.
    Critical every note! I got SS on Zanarkand easy on my 3rd try, though the medium one has proven mildly difficult. Though it's been a busy week, so I've not had too much time to play. Couple hours in and I already feel the addiction growing.
    Just wait till you go for SSS ranks.

If you do a level without any skills or items you get a 2 million point stoic bonus. If you SS a level you get 7999999 points. Stoic pushes it to 9999999 which is SSS.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Finally starting to feel better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Snooooow! It's almost all melted already and it was enough to knock out my satellite reception during Parks & Recreation and the season premier of Archer, but... Snoooooow!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Huzzah for going out to dinner/drinking with GF et old friends in from Florida. And for meeting new friends through them. And being civil with friends-of-friends who you don't get along with any more. And a guy with a Wind Waker tattoo asking for high-fives. And for BOOZE.

Now if I wasn't tipsy et tired. Oh well.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• My internet is fixed.
  • My internet is fixed.
    For now.......hahahahahha
    Stangmar - Retired

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I have a job, and the pay is pretty good.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I'm drunk and watching the super bowl. Can't say I'm complaining

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    I'm enjoying starting up a yearly tradition of making homemade chocolate truffles around Valentine's. :)

• Not sure if this is a rave or rage but the BF took me to see a Chihuly exibit and it was great 

Was a little bummed out though because I though he said a Cthulhu exhibit :-L

• The new Lindt truffle flavour is delectable. Milk and White Milk Chocolate!

• Only 32 hours until The Walking Dead returns!
    Stangmar - Retired

• I managed to get my car's A/C, got the battery to charge fully, saw the Lincoln movie, and bought another gun today.

It's been a darn good day tater.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Found out that a lot of people who have applied to IBM and been interviewed have shared on glassdoor that the interviews are very light on tech questions and more about general experience and personal vision. Now I just hope that I get selected for an interview. I'm worried because I'm overqualified, but I an underqualified for all the other job options at IBM.

Seems a constant problem. All the entry level positions I'm overqualified for, so companies don't want to hire me because they'll have to pay me more for doing lower difficulty work (i'll take lower pay, but I can never get to that stage of negotiations.. sadly it's just based on resume review). But all the professional level jobs that have an experience requirement (entry level is 0 years experience in most cases) require at least 3-5 years of experience in at least one thing. Sucks for me since I only have 2 years of experience, so I fall short. And yes, I know they list ideal requirements, but I've applied anyway and been rejected. So meh.

Sorry that turned into dissatisfaction. Other things are happy!

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • The Walking Dead has returned!
    Stangmar - Retired

Stangmar said:
    The Walking Dead has returned!
    And Community too!
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Stangmar said:
    The Walking Dead has returned!
    And Community too!
    Although I like Community, the only reason I watch it is Annie.

Rave for the day: PANDA EXPRESS! I LOVE IT!
    Stangmar - Retired

• Panda Express is desperation chinese food. You wanna go for one of the local joints if you've got any choice.
    The Hyrule Historia art book was my V-day gift to myself. It's so pretty, and a steal at $20. I'm the best boyfriend I could ask for.
    I used to make cakes.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Amen, sistah.
    Last year Feb 14th was Mass Effect 3 Demo Day, this year it's Die Hard 5 day.

I can only hope this trend of making sure something awesome happens on Feb 14th continues.

• The year before that, it was Ascension.

Yes, Ascension was on Valentine's Day. 
  • Akyaevin said:
    The year before that, it was Ascension.

Yes, Ascension was on Valentine's Day. 
    CthulhuKethuru needs love too, you know!
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor

This perspective sums up why I love Hallifax, (and also renews my love for physics in the dark, gloomy days of PhD doldrums).
  • The freezer has more food than alcohol!
  • Zayden said:
    The freezer has more food than alcohol!
    Why is your alcohol in the freezer?