Combat problems

I'm having some problems in combat I find that tracking and blademaster does a small amount in combat I know that they might change it to something better but for now what skills would help me and abilitys should I keep hunting and influencing denizens or try to figure out new combos?

Comments

• Here is an old guide by Shikha, and the tips in there are still quite relevant, even if some abilities have changed since then.

Of course, it won't be relevant once the overhaul changes are complete, but for now, you can use it to see what you can do for now.

Also, keep bashing/influencing, anyway.

• Tracking and Blademaster go beautifully together, what are you having troubles with specifically?

I've noticed in all of our duels that you're having trouble pulling things off. Maybe instead of constant sparring, you'll want to have someone experiences guide you step by step through a fight? Tracking requires a bit of setup, and it pretty useless mid-fight unless you wanna set up traps and run away. You need to make your opponent fight on your rules, much like someone with a demense would. 

Just my two cents as a Pureblade tracker.

• Yeah I think I need to do something to the enemy that gives them a hard time I might as well just keep hunting and get to level 80 and invest my credits into blademaster and tracking but I think mainly tracking so I can get pits
  • Rolsand said:
    Yeah I think I need to do something to the enemy that gives them a hard time I might as well just keep hunting and get to level 80 and invest my credits into blademaster and tracking but I think mainly tracking so I can get pits
    So , normally I would tell you you want to first get trans blademaster to improve your miss rate, but in the overhaul they are removing the miss rate, and I don't know what transblademaster will get you other than haymaker, which may or may not be that useful.
  • I don't really want to invest into blademaster but I'm very close to finishing it I want to invest more into tracking to get pits
  • Sedanas said:
    Tracking and Blademaster go beautifully together, what are you having troubles with specifically?

I think its my speed and my combos I think I need to learn more about what body parts I should attack in certain parts of combat

• This will help until the overhaul is complete:

https://sites.google.com/site/xieltalnara/WoundChar
  • So some information that would be helpful: where you are at in Blademaster, where you are at in Tracking. Do you have a beast? Are you using it? Are you using poisons? If so, which ones? What kill condition are you trying to set up?
  • edited July 2015
    Now I'm trying to attack the head with senso so I can get slit throat once I get that the Enemy won't be able to cure them selfs as much then I can do a bunch of damage so that saying I might need to complete my blademaster to get the final ability and also get pits so that I can slow down the enemy and get some hits.Also if you are talking about getting a beast amd training it I'm to broke for it and also I have a hound that I use bloodthirst on so yeah don't really need one right now
  • So I going to just hunt from now on if I ask for a spar just ignore me
  • Ok so, a couple things. Number one, don't give up. You don't -need- trans Blademaster to help in team fights. Granted, dueling wise you might want it, but still. Two, you need to keep in mind what wound you are working for. Slitthroat isn't really hard to cure, and Blademaster has a lot of good moves towards legs and the gut. Play around with different wounds and see what works for you. Pinleg into rend is a great way to hit a lot of bleeding and lock someone down. Remember that without legs free, most offensive actions are unable to be performed. Double senso is a safe move, but an advantage of dual-wielding is the ability to use two different poisons. Play around with that some. Pits in and of itself is only going to help you set things up, it won't be a kill condition. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2015
    Don't give up, man! I'll keep wailing on you in the arena until we both figure out what we're doing! However, you will want to keep plugging along with hunting and influencing. That's what gets you experience and money, which translates to more health points and supplies.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Yeah I need to plan out some stuff now and start to hunt a little bit more I think when I get to 80 I will be able to do a lot more and 85 I should should be very close to finishing both skills
  • I'm going to take a look over both skills to see what I can do