Enigmatic Schemes with Elostian and Nihmriel

SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia GamesThe Last Mafia Game
@Elostian and @Nihmriel are two of the greatest roleplayers I've had the pleasure to play Lusternia with. There are endless ways they've influenced me as a player, and that's including a lot more memories than the ones I'm posting here. But I found some of the best ones, and after the latest God Blog, I now have an excuse to share one of these logs with you.

This first one is my absolute favorite, and shamelessly embarrasses me and @Daraius (as well as@Ridley and @Ileein SORRY GUYS BUT IT HAS BEEN LIKE FIVE YEARS, you will live) in the process. I've tried to clean it up so that it makes sense out of context, so that you can try and enjoy it as much as I did. If awkwardly hilarious rom coms aren't really your thing, do feel free to skip out on this one, though! It's fairly long so I had to break it up.

Matchmaking: Part One (Where Elostian Makes Accurate Guesses and Sylandra Uses DIVERT)

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "I observe that you are once more a Skyplume."

You say, "Ah, yes. Lady Nihmriel picked up on that as well."

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "Have you decided to another course then?"

You say, "Somewhat. Maybe. It depends on factors outside myself."

The air vibrates with a profound sense of amusement.

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "Such as if Daraius is likely to propose?"

You say, "You are a terribly nosy divine."

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "I merely observe. And I observe a lot of Shevat, with most of the family being in My order."

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "Am I misinformed then?"

You have emoted: Sylandra peers at the nothingness that she presumes is You. 

You say, "I have no idea. He hasn't told me if so.”

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "Is this not what you wanted then?

You say, "You're asking me if I'd say yes to Daraius, then?"

You say, "Since You are being so forward about it, fine, yes I would."

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "Perhaps. I enjoy questions, and your conduct has certainly been worthy of questions. After all, I observed you and Daraius very obviously being 'just friends' long before your marriage."

You open your mouth to say something, but speech fails you.

You say, "Did -everyone- think this my entire life?"

A subtle sense of bemusement creeps into the vicinity.

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "Well, regardless, it is good to see you are settling into new goals."

You say, "I have had the Archmage lock me in her room and order me to say something to him, I have Maellio prodding me and now his brother is doing so, and gods know who else."

You say, "I like goals. It's nice to strive for things."

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "I find all this obvious manipulation quite entertaining."

You laughingly say, "You're not the only one in the Basin who does, I assure You."

You say, "Maellio comments on it at every opportunity."

The air vibrates with a profound sense of amusement.

You say, "But I know something You likely don't know, since You and I are planning on gossiping like old women."

You say, "Someone is attempting to court the Magnificus."

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "Now, that indeed is news. And from which credible source did this snippet of information come?"

You say, "Me and the person in question."

You hum a happy tune.

You say, "I am telling You in the hopes someone else gets this treatment at some point."

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "Oh, I do enjoy teasing Ileein. I should be more than willing to have his marriage arranged for him."

You say, "It is my nephew, the Force Commander. Ridley."

Highly amused, you say, "Son of Phoebus and Arte."

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "Such credentials."

You say, "But he's a dear, and I can't imagine anyone else who could succeed at this in the city."

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "Well then, if you would like My advice."

You say, "And I always do."

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "If you wish to really get up Ileein's nose I suggest you speak with Lady Shevat about arranging his marriage."

You laughingly say, "My nephew will positively kill me."

You say, "I love it."

Emanating from the aether, a sonorous multi-toned voice says, "I sincerely look forward to seeing this unfold. It should be tremendously entertaining."

You say, "If you are entertained by myself and Daraius's potential something or actual nothing, then I am sure this will amuse you to no end."

Daraius said:
"Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Comments

• What, we don't get the proposal too? 

I absolutely loved the log.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    But you would need to see Nihmriel's equivalent advice to Daraius to see how he got there, and that would be terribly self-indulgent of me to post.  :\">
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Tease

please post it? :o3
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Do...do we know why those paintings had to be destroyed by balefire? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Portius said:
    Do...do we know why those paintings had to be destroyed by balefire? Inquiring minds want to know.
    I painted a rather flattering portrait of Illein's heroism once. I wonder if it's the painting in question?   ;;)
    This was around the time of the skinrot plague, and he and Phoebus and Ridley were instrumental in... doing something significant enough that I made a painting of them. But that's not the one he's talking about. Pretty sure the ones he wants destroyed involve full drag and make-up. If anyone has the evidence, it's @Phoebus;))
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    This was around the time of the skinrot plague, and he and Phoebus and Ridley were instrumental in... doing something significant enough that I made a painting of them. But that's not the one he's talking about. Pretty sure the ones he wants destroyed involve full drag and make-up. If anyone has the evidence, it's @Phoebus;))
    It's a shame, but I lost my painting collection. They all decayed while I was gone and apparently I never copied most of them down anywhere, so drag Ileein is lost to time. I do still have the desc of my painting of him as the Saviour of Solstice saved, though.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited July 2015
    @Nihmriel is basically amazing. Now I want to see if I have the old @Ileein portrait in drag somewhere. :(:(:( It's so glorious.

---QUOTE BOX SHOULD BE HERE----
    Daraius said:
    Buahaha. At last it all comes out. I think I'd only seen little pieces of this until now. I didn't know there was a deal with Ridley! Why didn't you enforce that instead of writing silly anonymous letters! :)) Also totally mad that I was the one to break the standoff.
    --QUOTE BOX SHOULD END HERE---

Anonymous letters are fun! And besides, how well would Dar ever respond to a declaration of feelings?! Psh. Heartbreaking dingo. (</3)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra has brought shame on the House and the Collective by failing to make Ridleein a thing.
    I used to make cakes.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Not for lack of trying!
    Daraius said:
    (Whew, didn't lose yet another Windwhisper to the Shevats ) #:-S
  • Good times  :D
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Necroposting, but I think the best line I've read all year is "...he had the bad taste to be married at the time."
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • It seems that simultaneously cheerful yet ominously effective matchmaking is a family tradition.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."