Bad Translator

PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris.Circumstances
edited January 2017 in The Funnies
ackuna.com/pages/badtranslator That site sucks now. https://badtranslator.xyz/ Is an acceptable substitute.

This is a site where you enter text, and it gets translated back and forth until you end up with your jumbled result. I've been having a great time plugging quotes and such into it. Here is a random ambient line I snagged from Lusternia to use as an example:

Original text:

"A flock of birds passes below the platforms, chattering in excitement among themselves."

...10 translations later, Yandex gives us:

"Birds, as a consequence, social assistance. "

If you enjoy bad translations as much as I do, give it a go, and post here if you get any good ones! 

Comments

• edited July 2015
    "Blinking slowly, a silver firefly drifts off to the north."

"Blinking slowly, the silver fire, a dip to the North. "

These sound like some strange Buddhist sayings.  Rather dignified, if nutty?

EDIT: Actually, shall we test that?  Here's a Buddhist quote I found here:

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/buddhism
    And here's the quote itself.
    "Learning to let go should be learned before learning to get. Life should be touched, not strangled. You’ve got to relax, let it happen at times, and at others move forward with it.”

10 translations later, this beauty:

"Training you received fraudulently. Life should be happy, strangled. Need to relax from time to time to stop and move forward. "

--------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot

Original text:

"May you be well, and your efforts fruitful."

"It will be a good thing, your efforts will bear fruit."

Not too bad. This is probably what transliterated Loboshigaru sounds like.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited July 2015

Original text:

"To be, or not to be. That is the question."

...10 translations later, Yandex gives us:

"Yes or no. This is a problem. "

Oh, oh gawd. I got curious and translated the translation that it had given me for @Celina 's quote earlier and got back even more fun times.

"He knew that in the world of designers, thick and hard, in accordance with the rules of the language PKers the messenger of Allah (sallallahu...Geneva-es-Salaam) that he stole the police to help? Sulfur for some people to take up arms! Use a pencil and monsters. "

--------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Original text:

"This is a really bad translator"

"This is a very poor translation. "

... it... actually really isn't.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Original text:

" This is a wonderful addition to the commune's culture, Gabriella. May it inspire more artistic feats among your peers, and may the forest enjoy the fruits of your labours."

" This is a great addition to urbanization, Gabrielle. I can give you the technical devices of his peers, in the jungle to enjoy their work."

...N-no, that's not... no!

:-O
    --------
    --------
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Original text:

"We could kill the Lords because we've done it before "

"We should kill people because we used to be. "

That's pretty close.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited July 2015

Original text:

Shuyin smells funny "

...43 translations later, Yandex gives us:

Shuyin to live, to live a life. الحياة الحياة الحياة الحياة I hate the smell. "

And this

Original text:

"Sidd is the best ever"

...43 translations later, Yandex gives us:

"The name of the best in the company's history. "

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Wut:

"My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father: Prepare to die. "

"My name is Inigo Montoya,you killed my father, prepare to die "

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So playing with it more, I wondered it I changed the name would the translation change.

Then I realized I was doing random language order, so yes it would

so I did an experiment

"Ardmore smells funny" translated 43 times into "Ardmore smells strange"

"Shuyin smells funny" translated 43 times into "Really like the fragrance a very strange thing to survive lived lived lived lived lived lived lived ."

Conclusion - Shuyin smells so bad, some languages haven't come up with words for it yet.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    It's so bad it's alive alive alive alive alive alive.
  • I have upgraded my character description:

Erinya normal person, and nobody can prove it! Because of the skin, from head to toe, confirmed the assumption that women slim figure is the average height is low, you can come into my life forever faeling eyes temporary observers. In short, Golden hair falling on shoulders, free, style, serious face, soft and shiny, and the NOAEL blue ice, it always seems that the movement of all the details of your surroundings. It is in full compliance comfortable feel strong, it's not normal to be ashamed of the attention in any case, I, for one, remains stationary.
    I am dying here. =))
    I used to make cakes.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2015

Original text:

"Celina said: Okay fine. Sneering is half my RP."

"Which means,all right. Hatred and a half rupees."

Original text:

"Surprised, Cyril Ardes says, "You... haven't married?" Smiling wryly, Aoran Kelle says, "You were the only one I ever planned that for, Cyril. Taint or no.""

"Interestingly, Cyril, and he said that you are married? Laugh Aoran Kelly said I was the only one I decided for myself Kirill pollution or not. "

Stop, this is distracting me from finishing my biography.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Good idea, @Erinya! I just did mine, too:

Feathers clouds still demigoddess, and on two legs entwined candidates, as well as professional codes of conduct. Dear headfeathers short, dense and sustainable lives, not careful, so, obviously, need More maintenance style. Alvin behind the defensive system to change the color, very small in size, lightweight, cream-brown, plate three times a day. Phoebus, maybe a little less skinny-fat high-taste, Build, and this women's weight, which allows him to interpret some decent, on the other hand, thing, beauty, face, especially women and children, but in their different interests, to ensure that their presence should not be easy to forget. A pair of rectangular glasses, a bridge, buried in the chip plane, stereo, lens, box thin line of gold, and it provides an attractive opposition, it was clear,blue eyes.

Who is Alvin? And am I really a little less skinny-fat high-taste? Say it ain't so!
    edited July 2015
    That is truly the best application of this website, @Erinya. Welcome to Solid Loboshigaru World. It's like some kind of poetic fever dream.

Solid loboshigaru world, experience, stability and balance. Pawpads digitigrade barefoot, dirty and put your ear in the area of three meters, in addition, all the facts to the world Cup, white light, shining glossy Golden motes of light. Nice, beautiful, in shape, pearl color, wool, habit zipper, off-white, but with the knees together, and even some of the muscles, tendons, chin on his chest. To open my eyes in the form of cash bewhiskered replaced in my mouth, her mysterious eyes, but the light was Golden Spider. Bottom-dark purple, shiny, silver challenge insurance companies and wore a coat a thick layer of black t-shirt, is completely at the waist pants, white sleeves folded the classification restriction elbow. Sometimes, quite without warning, his fluffy white tail the carrot, as in a calm, monotonous rhythm.
    I used to make cakes.

• Shedrin:

"He crysalline prism lucidian spring day and a half has been less than average height, skinny. cut a Mat from malachite, his body glowing in the light of the boundaries of the veins and some of the colors green and black organization the organization for the month of June."
    Morbo "~"
  • "As your vision fills with a Design of infinite complexity, your mind shudders away from its quest for information about the Architect."

becomes:

"As your design vision, complete the crash, brain, shock, you want to get information of the designer."

"One Will, One Collective"

becomes:

"You want collective"
     "Improve your weaknesses". M...mom?
  • edited July 2015
    "watching the fog of the cold water pool in the legs, in the air, in anger,"

That's the part I thought everyone would catch onto
  • I don't even x43 translations = Curve information.

Using this for descriptions rules. =))
  • Manteekan said:
    "watching the fog of the cold water pool in the legs, in the air, in anger,"

That's the part I thought everyone would catch onto
    I am trying to figure out how your jaws are stetched to the sky still.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited July 2015

I haven't technically updated my description since going Kephera but here's mine:

"It's difficult around Royal blood. kephera spring demigoddess cells, the Queen is ready, and most importantly the confidence of a predator in its natural environment, their relationship, and it should be light and pleasant elasticity. His noble features"

THE QUEEN IS READY.

edit: Apparently it has a character limit

"It's difficult around Royal blood. kephera spring demigoddess cells, the Queen is ready, and most importantly the confidence of a predator in its natural environment, their relationship, and it should be light and pleasant elasticity. His noble qualities and cruel, cold face, pale as marble, and his lips thin and curves, Format, it's just the irony lies in the fact that they gave me, but the seriousness of his character. Long pure white hair, curtains head, body, hands, where, for how long, but the recruitment process. Don't like the marble, the reliability of a man, shave your head, you can tell what's going on, and that his hair was colored in blood red. The right tone, his eyes, the fire, the silence, the anger, penetrating other interesting options.Stood on top of a halo of dark liquid from this is not possible, a black box, on the forehead, and another in the head, and the shadow chrome."

It's good to know that your relationship is light and pleasant elasticity, too.