In Which We Have Conversations Following Forum Rules

2. Tweets was not closed because of rants. Rants make for a healthy game. Tweets was closed because forums rules regarding personal attacks were broken. If you can rant without directing unnecessary cruelty to a person, then go right ahead!

3. Feel free to start a new thread for topics that may span over numerous posts! This includes things you may not be happy with -SO LONG AS THEY ARE NOT PERSONAL ATTACKS-

-----

So let's avoid the personal attacks and talk about things that we want to talk about.  Outside of Lack of Raves.  Because that is not the place to vent!

Comments

• edited August 2015
    I liked my title better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited August 2015
    Your title kind of lends itself towards going into the attacks that are discouraged.  It will only increase the angst!

Maybe a change of title will encourage the personal attacks to stay away.  Or maybe not.  Who knows. :)
    Manteekan said:
    Manteekan said:
    Shuyin said:
    Tbh I want people to keep derailing so they can finally open tweets again. For all the hate it gets, at least it's localized hate in one thread that generally didn't spill into raves or quotes. But hey, NO RANTS LUSTY ONLY RAVES.
    I would just like to clarify a few things for everyone:

1. Derailing other threads in hopes that tweets will be opened again is not a wise move. It will only result in other threads being closed.

2. Tweets was not closed because of rants. Rants make for a healthy game. Tweets was closed because forums rules regarding personal attacks were broken. If you can rant without directing unnecessary cruelty to a person, then go right ahead!

3. Feel free to start a new thread for topics that may span over numerous posts! This includes things you may not be happy with -SO LONG AS THEY ARE NOT PERSONAL ATTACKS-

We understand the frustration, and when Tweets is used properly, it is a harmless thread. However, more often than not, it deviates into name-calling and jabs at one another. We also understand that you may not get along with everyone, but that does not need to be shared for the current and potential playerbase to read. 

I love the forums, and I always have. I want good, productive things to come from it. Follow the forum rules and we can still have that.
    To clarify, point 3 was not approving a new tweets thread. It was a suggestion to start a thread for specific topics you wish to discuss. The reopening or allowance of a new Tweets, or Tweets-like thread, is up to the Oneiroi. 
    What if the topic is "We would like to have conversations somewhere other than in Lack of Raves, so we don't end up having that place closed and it can go back to being 'Woo!'"?

I think that's a pretty good topic, personally. :(
  • Xenthos said:
    Manteekan said:
    Manteekan said:
    Shuyin said:
    Tbh I want people to keep derailing so they can finally open tweets again. For all the hate it gets, at least it's localized hate in one thread that generally didn't spill into raves or quotes. But hey, NO RANTS LUSTY ONLY RAVES.
    I would just like to clarify a few things for everyone:

1. Derailing other threads in hopes that tweets will be opened again is not a wise move. It will only result in other threads being closed.

We understand the frustration, and when Tweets is used properly, it is a harmless thread. However, more often than not, it deviates into name-calling and jabs at one another. We also understand that you may not get along with everyone, but that does not need to be shared for the current and potential playerbase to read. 

I love the forums, and I always have. I want good, productive things to come from it. Follow the forum rules and we can still have that.
    To clarify, point 3 was not approving a new tweets thread. It was a suggestion to start a thread for specific topics you wish to discuss. The reopening or allowance of a new Tweets, or Tweets-like thread, is up to the Oneiroi. 
    What if the topic is "We would like to have conversations somewhere other than in Lack of Raves, so we don't end up having that place closed and it can go back to being 'Woo!'"?

I think that's a pretty good topic, personally. :(
    I will leave it up to the Oneiroi to whether this thread gets closed or not. Do not give them reason to wish to, though!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So...how 'bout dem apples?

Lavinya said:
    So...how 'bout dem apples?
    I saw that they are not considered fruit in Lusternia... at least the quest ones.  They must have little nutritious value when they are intended solely for feeding to ponies.
  • NochtNocht Glomdoring
    Sorry if there was any confusion, but the future of Tweets or any similar style thread is still being discussed.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.