Absence Thread

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    After showing up for the first time in forever I may not have the right to say this, but expect me to pop in infrequently (if at all) the next few weeks. I'm about to go on a three week trip to send off the SO, then I'm attending a wedding, and then I start a new job shortly after.

Sorry for the false advertising! But I should show up enough times that it's not completely, totally false.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I will be gone camping 13/14/15 :D 
  • I'm off on an adventure! Will be back in a few days or a week :) If you need anything...you can prolly ask Azula or...Kaimanahi or Taevyn to contact me!  

Sao <3 Pandy
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I will be a bit scarcer than usual for the next week and a half-ish, as working three jobs and trying to find time to spend with the man in between them takes its toll. I'll still be around whenever I can, but probably not terribly active aside from checking on things and poking at current projects. Back down to two jobs by the end of the month!  B-)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Aww, but how am I supposed to get my shadowy RP fix? :P

Good luck!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I should be around for part of every day, but will be a bit scarce dealing with a medical emergency.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Thanks to being bed ridden with a vomiting bug I have been scarce. Hopefully I'll be back at it in a day or two.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I've been moving all weekend. I'll be scarce until Verizon sets up my interwebz. Expecting the full melt down of glom politics by the time I get back.
  • edited July 2015
    For the few people I sorta interact with: I will be gone starting Monday and ending Friday (I believe) while I am volunteering for a camp.
    Post script. Please stay non-drabulous, continue the fabulous.

• Not gone. But CPU fan isn't working on my main comp. Will need to replace it before I have a fully working system. So will be around, will be in and out, but not really much in the way of reflexes.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I will be at an intensive training thingy all week during the day, which is actually prime time for everyone else. So while I will be around in my evenings and checking msgs via Vadi's app for all intents and purposes I will be absent until Saturday. Yes, I will likely stay logged in the whole time. No, I am not ignoring you, I'm not there. Unless you're someone who I don't like, then sure, you can go ahead and think I'm ignoring you.

• Will be gone for up to a week due to CPU slowly dying one me. Will post when I get my computer fixed/replaced.
  • Computer replaced. No longer do I crash when the colour blue is displayed on screen, nor is my CPU clock permanently set to november 28th, 2009.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Later in the week, I have family coming to visit, so I'll be around much less until they go home after the weekend.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I have returned!

I will be unavailable from the 8th through the 17th, attending a family reunion.

</RANT>
  • Forecast spells doom for the weekend, up to 104F (40C), so I'm fleeing from the city into the cold embrace of a pre-war, all-brick cottage. Likely no internet.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Which war does it predate, I wonder?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited August 2015
    Working two jobs and potentially military processes coming up, sorry to anyone left hanging :( Miss everyone! I try to find time but I will be sparse regardless.
  • Will be gone for a week ish? Going to a training thing. I'll try to update the power contest stuff and if anybody needs me for stuff please bug @Kaimanahi muaha bwaha!
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • We had a major storm come through and knock out power to half the city yesterday. I'm still without, and without an estimate on when I'll get it back. Hopefully soon! I'll be back when I have power back.
  • At a wedding that is more like a marathon of events if you're in the wedding party for the next three days (Fun! But exhausting) Also hotel internet is even worse than usual.
    edited August 2015
    Going to take the weekend, and maybe the week off to go frolick in the sunshine (aka drink on a bar patio) and be social. Playing a conflict centric character is fun (and my choice!), but having to constantly push to get anything done gets a little IRL exhausting. People (name unknown) revoking my Shadow Court privs (who knew clan probation was even a thing!) without explanation just kind of sucked the fun out of it for me.

So Lusty mini vacation time. I'll be about to check on my reports, but that's about it. Have fun, kids!

P.S. I'm still playing Dota 2 if anyone wants to join. I'm also still terrible.
  • Yeah... I may be taking a break from this myself. Conflict is fun and all, but I'm not so much a fan of the arbitrary nature of the current one and getting punished for doing what I was told(or rather yelled at) to do. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Gonna go out on a limb here. Preeeeeeetty sure you weren't told to bring up "hey guys, let everyone worship whoever they want, not just foreigners we want to snatch up" by anyone. In fact, having seen the conversation before said post got made by you, you were warned about likely reactions and outcomes. So, yeah, don't go shoving the current poostorm Keth the character finds herself in off on someone else. No one, from the posts on court that I've read, has given you a bad time about playing diplomat.
    Kethaera said:
    Yeah... I may be taking a break from this myself. Conflict is fun and all, but I'm not so much a fan of the arbitrary nature of the current one and getting punished for doing what I was told(or rather yelled at) to do. 
    If it's any consolation, I rather enjoy having you as a rival. I'm always entertained by it because you have a sharp wit and can be just as barbed as I can be. Plus we never seem to let it get personal, which is a huge plus. My frustration doesn't come from you at all, you're a lot of fun to play with.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Gonna go out on a limb here. Preeeeeeetty sure you weren't told to bring up "hey guys, let everyone worship whoever they want, not just foreigners we want to snatch up" by anyone. In fact, having seen the conversation before said post got made by you, you were warned about likely reactions and outcomes. So, yeah, don't go shoving the current poostorm Keth the character finds herself in off on someone else. No one, from the posts on court that I've read, has given you a bad time about playing diplomat.
    No, you really don't understand the issue, @Tarkenton. As @Celina was well aware- if you actually read her post, as I did- my intention was -never- to argue that everyone should worship whoever they wanted, but rather, the opposite. Celina, ironically, agreed with me, even though I didn't really agree with me. Celina, as frustrating as she can be both ic and oocly, really did get it, and I respect her a great deal after her last post. Her, I had(and have) no problems with.

For the second part- bullshit. There were hints mixed in to all that I couldn't be trusted because I was pushing for treaties with Celest and Hallifax, which I was TOLD to do. But the part of this that I objected to was not the arguments or the insults or the accusations of being a filthy moon-lover or whatever else- it was:
    1. Comments from non-Harbingers about guild politics 2. Being threatened with being enemied to a Glomdoring organization for the argument, and 3. The crap I've gotten about the treaties, and generally doing Ambassador stuff. None of those three things had ANY relevance to what we argued about, they were purely cheap personal attacks. I brought those things up with @Salome, she dismissed it, I got frustrated, accused her of not doing her job. She demanded that I say that openly to her on the court channel as opposed to privately, I did, I was disfavored for doing so. 

That's what I have a problem with, dear. I wouldn't accept a paying job where the management expected me to take flak for their decisions and then punish me for bringing it up. Also, it has been stressful. And right next door, in IRE terms, there are people who would really appreciate it if I spent more time in Aetolia, and seem *gasp* happy when I do. So... it's not a hard choice right now. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Part of why I would never send a minister to do diplomacy, they're just going to end up squeezed between a rock and a hard place - following the orders of the council they're a stand-in for and the actual job.