QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Lisaera said:
    @salome's beautiful rendition of Let It Go aside, let's make an earnest return to civility, share some quotes, and cut out the drama on this thread or I'll usurp control from @oneiroi and start banning people. Enough's enough, folks. 

I'll start:  

17) Hoaracle: "Sup bruh." 

I don't know why that made me laugh so much, but it did. He just isn't the "sup bruh" kind of guy in my mind.
    I was making attempts to diffuse everyone with a good old fashioned laugh. But this kind of takes the cake. He seems so elegant in RP, and this just makes it super funny.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • You say, "Daddy..is that you?"

Suntie attempts to stand straighter and sticks her tail between her legs so the tip pokes out.

Kitty Corsair Suntie, The Sober Swashbuckler intones, "Yes son."

did lol
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lisaera said:
    @salome's beautiful rendition of Let It Go aside, let's make an earnest return to civility, share some quotes, and cut out the drama on this thread or I'll usurp control from @oneiroi and start banning people. Enough's enough, folks. 

I'll start:  

17) Hoaracle: "Sup bruh." 

I don't know why that made me laugh so much, but it did. He just isn't the "sup bruh" kind of guy in my mind.
    Speaking of Hoaracle... I can always share this lovely thing that I ran into practically a year ago...

Isune is the leader of your group.
    Members of your group include:
      Hoaracle
      <ephemeral here censored>
      Kiradawea
      Portius
      Ushaara
    There are 7 people in your group.

I was like.... whaaaaat?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

• Ssaliss said:
    Eh. To me, Hoaracle seems more bark than bite.

*runs and hides*

I really have to hand it to you for that one ;^)

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    That Marcella quote would be more creative if she didn't use the same insult on everyone. It was also said to Maligorn and Avurekhos.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Lavinya said:
    That Marcella quote would be more creative if she didn't use the same insult on everyone. It was also said to Maligorn and Avurekhos.

That certainly detracts from it

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Daraius said:
    Your design #22649 of "SYLANDRA" was rejected.

I cried.
    We must see this design.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Gabriella said:
    Daraius said:

I cried.
    We must see this design.
    It's nothing, really.

Bold black ink spells out a word in crisp, utilitarian block lettering across the fingers. Etched in the space between the first and second knuckles of each finger, the name "SYLANDRA" becomes readable when the two fists are held out side-by-side.

It's a shame though. Considering how far-fetched it is that someone like Daraius would get tattoos, the idea that he would get SYLANDRA inked across his knuckles doesn't seem all that outlandish at all. From his perspective it would be the sweetest, most sincere, unironic gesture of fidelity. =((

But not to worry. My hip bone cartoon sheep tat was approved.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Daraius really likes sheep, you know that!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'll tell you what Daraius needs; a gar-peep tattoo on his ankle.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Or Airbender Chakra Arrows.
  • edited August 2015

You tell Saoirse Kissane-Ladyn, "Why did you attack Iove?"

[H:6870|M:4520|E:5045|P:10] [k ex] 0.01% [Nothing]

Saoirse tells you, "Because she's Magnagoran."

You tell Saoirse Kissane-Ladyn, "That's not a reason to attack someone."

Saoirse tells you, "Hmm it is for me."

You tell Saoirse Kissane-Ladyn, "It really isn't."

Saoirse tells you, "Who are you?"

You tell Saoirse Kissane-Ladyn, "A friend, wishing to know why you're attacking her for no -good- reason."

A series of chiming notes, distinctly crystalline, ring out in the distance in a slow, descending scale.

Saoirse tells you, "You will be snubbed now."

That person has chosen to ignore you.

I'm beginning to understand why these people catch so much flak.

• edited August 2015
    Xenthos said:
    Saoirse said:
    I thought I had to tell her since another person mentioned how he didn't know he was snubbed. Since the game doesn't really tell you that a person is snubbing you unless you send them tells or emote at them. I could've also not responded as well but I was thinking I might get issued for afking. Will use a different phrase next time!
    When you're done with an argument, you could just go "Have a nice day!" or anything of that nature, and ignore them when they talk to you further.  At that point it's obvious you're not afk and are ignoring them (because you did respond), so they will eventually tire themselves out and go away.

There are people who keep spamming me with tells and continuously send me complaints even though I've told them many times that I really don't care and/or they should talk to the person they're complaining about instead. As a bonus, snub also ignores any annoying yells or shouts or room-wide or targetted passive-aggressive comments that people say (emotes too). Hrm but I'll try the silent treatment next time I guess. Thanks for the advice.
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • Daraius said:
    Gabriella said:
    Daraius said:

I cried.
    We must see this design.
    It's nothing, really.

Bold black ink spells out a word in crisp, utilitarian block lettering across the fingers. Etched in the space between the first and second knuckles of each finger, the name "SYLANDRA" becomes readable when the two fists are held out side-by-side.

It's a shame though. Considering how far-fetched it is that someone like Daraius would get tattoos, the idea that he would get SYLANDRA inked across his knuckles doesn't seem all that outlandish at all. From his perspective it would be the sweetest, most sincere, unironic gesture of fidelity. =((

But not to worry. My hip bone cartoon sheep tat was approved.
    I'm guessing part of the reason it was rejected because the short description was SYLANDRA, yes?
    You can probably still get it approved if you rename it.  A long time ago, Lendren had me design an ankle tattoo that had "Gabriella" written on the skin, and it went through - the name being there was just described in a different way.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Syrennia said:

You tell Saoirse Kissane-Ladyn, "Why did you attack Iove?"

Saoirse tells you, "Because she's Magnagoran."

You tell Saoirse Kissane-Ladyn, "That's not a reason to attack someone."

Saoirse tells you, "Hmm it is for me."

You tell Saoirse Kissane-Ladyn, "It really isn't."

Saoirse tells you, "Who are you?"

You tell Saoirse Kissane-Ladyn, "A friend, wishing to know why you're attacking her for no -good- reason."

A series of chiming notes, distinctly crystalline, ring out in the distance in a slow, descending scale.

Saoirse tells you, "You will be snubbed now."

That person has chosen to ignore you.

I'm beginning to understand why these people catch so much flak.

Talena tells you, "Can I help you?"

Koln tells you, "Many thanks for the 
    Golden Tonic."

You tell Aqua Initiate Talena, "Mmm? No, why do you ask?"

Talena tells you, "You just sent me a goldentonic. why."

You tell Aqua Initiate Talena, "Kindness flourished when it is shared, I think."

You tell Aqua Initiate Talena, "Giving them to everyone I sense about."

Talena tells you, "No one else seems to have got one."

You tell Aqua Initiate Talena, "You're the only Celestian I can sense. I think everyone else has a gem on."

Talena tells you, "That's lazy."

You tell Aqua Initiate Talena, "Not sure how to sense them otherwise. Can't exactly walk into the city, y'know."

(Market): Talena says, "Selling a goldentonic."

Hmmm...

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited August 2015
    It could be worse. Much, much worse.

Commodities: purpletint 75 coal 75
    Mortal Reviews: Allowed
    Tattoo Weight: 75
    Appearance:
    a pointed arrow
    Examined:
    A thick and solid black arrow points downwards just below the navel. The
    words 'Property of Munsia' are within the image of a vellum like banner
    that has the ends rolled to create the appearance of a scroll.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sylandra said:
    Gabriella, if your advice leads to a slutty trill tattoo on Dar's bicep...

Pffft, my tattoo was VERY tasteful, I assure you.

Kethaera said:
    While in Serenwilde, being nosy:

Mistral tells you, "Avurekhos comes."

Gabriella tells you, "My son stirs. I suggest you leave the forest lest he senses you as we have."

A whispered voice in the back of your mind, kind and motherly, tells you, "Be safely away from My forest for now, child. All will be well -- eventually."

D'aww.
    Well, you're just the bee's knees. How can we resist your charms, Kethaera?
    --------
    --------