Getting through the bleak spot / The post 70 dale

AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
Hey,

Might be something that's rather curious for anybody to read about, but am kind of have hit a little of motivational ground when it comes to further leveling my little faeling and I was hoping someone would have a good idea to make things more interesting. Want to point out it's not more or less about the game in general, but about the part specifically related to leveling past the 70ties.

My problems currently are:

- Hunting. If I choose to go hunting, I am basically presented with five or six areas I've seen a dozen times. The enemies there are weak but my character still takes ages to smash them to bits (ages meaning about 20 - 50 seconds per, e. g. roc depending on crits), so I feel myself bored quite quickly.
- Influencing. Sure, it can be quite a draft to do the influencing attacks, but progress feels even more draggish there, though the experience is better.
- Questing does not seem to be a viable source of experience at all, the little quests give stands in no relation in the time to figure them out. I love questing, but it's not for pushing yourself forward.

So, currently my only saviours are:

a) someone is awake who indulges me into tagging along and keeping me company, making the process fun, which sometimes is a little difficult given a lot of people seem to have non EU timezones.
b) my brain's in a state when this doesn't matter.

Having said that, I've pondered what would make the grind less sad for me:
- some denizens that would actually drop something interesting, even if rare. I sadly learned of rats dropping curios waaay to late, but still I do that just because I feel the grind's gaining me anything.
- some influencing that actually gains something notable. My org has things to influence for org gain, but that only keeps you motivated for so long.
- some quests that may involve well with leveling (Tosha monastry was a really pleasant surprise in that regard e. g. ! )
- generally I think having a reachable goal of some sort would immensely help (before 70ish level it was the level itself, but now progress is so slow that it doesn't pull me through).

Why am I posting this? In the hopes that someone has an awesome idea to point me out where I should poke my nose to have a little more pull while levelling give the above points.

TL;DR Looking for fun ways to level post 70th circle and hoping someone has enlightening pointers. Being generally a goal oriented person, post 70, the level doesn't fullfill that purpose anymore.

This is not really a rant, I'm already liking this game a lot, just looking for minor ways to improve the more grindy parts of it :-)
Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Stack as many influence xp boosts as you can. Ikon, golden tonic, cave of harmony karma blessing are the easiest to get, there's a few others you could snag to make the gains better.

Trans influence. The last skill makes a huge difference.

In the World library section on the forums, check out the level guide to influencing. It still is fairly accurate.

Sell or offer esteem you generate. Can get anywhere from 10-20g per point, depending on the buyer. For reference, you'll get anywhere from 5 to 10 esteem per mob influenced.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Thank you @tarkenton for your quick response. I can say that trans'ing influence is on the top of my skill learning prio list, I'm just a little late for it (only realized round 50th level that it was the best way to go).

I'll go have a look at the world library, maybe the guide you mentioned will have some locations that are new and thus make it a little less boring. As for the rest, mostly will depend work through the influencing process.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    In the 70s, you can basically endlessly roam the undervault for the tunnel trash (aconoids, solifugid, mantekars, basidions, etc). Just have to watch out for cave fishers and avoid illwater lake, which isn't too hard. 
  • Tarkenton said:
    Stack as many influence xp boosts as you can. Ikon, golden tonic, cave of harmony karma blessing are the easiest to get,<stuff that doesn't matter>
    I wouldn't get the harmony blessing. It is so small, you are not going to notice as much as a (epic/legendary) ikon or tonic as harmony karma is only 10 or so percent. It would be better to get a knowledge karma blessing for the faster eq balance times.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Influence enough, stack both.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Ayisdra said:
    Tarkenton said:
    Stack as many influence xp boosts as you can. Ikon, golden tonic, cave of harmony karma blessing are the easiest to get,<stuff that doesn't matter>
    I wouldn't get the harmony blessing. It is so small, you are not going to notice as much as a (epic/legendary) ikon or tonic as harmony karma is only 10 or so percent. It would be better to get a knowledge karma blessing for the faster eq balance times.

Eq buffs should not be affecting influencing times, just as they did not before the overhaul.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Thanks for @Enyalida, @Tarkenton, Ayisdra for your responses and your input.

I'll try out different things suggested and see if I can't find something that keeps me more motivation for going forward and I'll definitely look into more influencing. Thanks!