A Divine Brawl

So this was amazing. Thanks @Lisaera and @Nocht for making this so much fun. If you want to skip past the lovers' quarrel and move right to the good stuff, jump to the next comment in the thead. And for the really good stuff, jump to the third.

--------------------

Kneeling humbly, you press your palms together before you and close your eyes momentarily as you pray devoutly to Nocht, the Silent, "Silent Lord, know that the recent events change nothing for me. There are fanatics throughout the Basin, including within the Wilde, who are not able to make the room in their souls to even question that there is Beauty beyond what their eyes can see, beyond what the light shows them. They speak when they should be Silent and listen. Guide me, my Lord, as I navigate these trials within the Wilde.".

---

Gabriella tells you, "Here I am. Now tell me?"

You tell Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope, "Come to the willow."

Willow by the water.
There is a light drizzle of rain. The babbling waters of Moon River run by the edge of this grassy clearing, bubbling about happily. At the edge of the riverbank, an ancient willow tree has planted itself, its drooping branches just dipping into the water. Although it has grown at a very precarious and dangerous level, it appears to be firmly planted into the mud along the bank. A mature oak tree stands proudly here. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope is here. She wields a mystic cudgel in her left hand.

You give Gabriella a peck on the cheek.

You say, "This is not going to be easy."

Gabriella gives you the once-over, eyeing you suspiciously.

You say, "Earlier this month, Lady Lisaera confronted me regarding something in front of the rest of the Wilde."

Gabriella raises an eyebrow questioningly.

You say, "Do you remember Daj?"

You say, "He was the Noyan prior to me."

Gabriella ponders the situation.

You say, "Several decades ago."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "Vaguely, yes."

The smell of wildflowers wafts past your nose.

You say, "He taught me some principles of combat that I held strong to. The most important of which was the necessity of compassion in combat."

You say, "To truly know your enemy - to understand them, you must love them."

Gabriella peers at you unscrupulously.

You say, "I tried to apply this to my role as Noyan."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "Ive never heard that saying before, but... go on."

You say, "It is not a saying so much as an application of compassion that I found important."

You say, "I decided that I would try to understand the Wyrd and what compels those of the souther forest."

Gabriella nods her head emphatically.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "Mother teaches us aspects of that as well."

You say, "In doing so, in my observations of the weird, I began to see something in it."

You say, "I recognized the Beauty in it."

You say, "And so I strove to learn more of it."

Cautiously, Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "The... beauty, of the wyrd?"

You nod your head.

You say, "That is not to say that I saw the beauty of the Wyrd over the Wilde. But I saw the place in our reality for both to coexist."

You say, "Not a popular opinion, but one that resonated with me."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "Mmm. Love, what did She accuse you of?"

You say, "As I studied the Wyrd and my compassion for it grew, I began to also learn of --."

You say, "This will not be easy."

You say, "I began to inquire about the Silent Lord."

Gabriella stares implacably at you.

You say, "Over the course of a decade or so, I... I began to offer to Him."

Argent moonlight pierces the blue glow of the Flame of dae'Seren upon Gabriella, enshrouding her momentarily in a silver mantle.

Gabriella opens her mouth as if to say something to you, but pauses.

You have emoted: Mistral hesitates.

You say, "I am not a traitor."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "... Mistral, you DO know my history with the Silent, dont you?"

You say, "I do."

You say, "All too well."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "That He has terrorized me and my loved ones for over a century?"

You have emoted: Mistral pauses.

With his head lowered, you say, "I do."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "You are aware. and you OFFERED TO Him?!"

You say, "Gabriella, I need to be frank. I have not only offered substantial esteem to Him. I have asked to walk within His Shadow."

Gabriella stares implacably at you.

You open your mouth to say something, but speech fails you.

You say, "I knew how much this would hurt you and that is the last thing I wanted."

You say, "But it was made public to the Wilde earlier this month and I would not have you hear it from anyone else."

Slowly, Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "Why is it... that I keep allowing myself to trust in people, and that every time I think I finally find happiness, this - this God, this place, takes it away from me?"

You say, "I am sorry that I am hurting you thus."

Gabriella Talnara just stares at you, her hand clutching her prayer beads.

You say, "Trust my heart, Gabriella Talnara. My love does not waver."

You say, "I am yours."

You say, "I do not betray the Wilde."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "That is funny. Hiriako said much the same to me, when he left for Glomdoring."

You say, "I have not left for Glomdoring and do not intend to."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "Also, when he made such decisions, knowing how I felt, without even asking my opinion."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "Are you His follower?!"

You say, "Bandrui was asked to read the bones on the purity of my heart. Lady Lisaera assisted in this."

You say, "I am not yet, though I seek to be."

You say, "I was pardoned by the bones."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "If you follow Him, you cannot remain in the Forest! You will be enemied, it is FORBIDDEN!"

You say, "Dealing with the interpretations of the Leaves is a separate issue. I am certain I will be tried before the Inner Circle."

You have emoted: Mistral's eyes fill with tears.

You say, "I am sorry, Gabi."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "Mistral, if you choose to follow Him, then you do not truly care what He has done, to me and mine own. You have NO idea what I have gone through - you will NEVER understand -."

You say, "I do care. I care immensely, Gabi."

You say, "This was not a sudden decision. It evolved over the course of many years into this."

You say, "Please trust me, Gabi. My heart does not waver."

Gabriella Talnara'd breath catches in her throat as she practically shouts at you. "Many YEARS?! And you never thought to discuss this with me? You ask for my trust and yet you sneak behind my back and do something like this?! Do you have any idea what He will try and do with your connections to me, to the Forest?!"

You say, "I knew how much it would hurt you. It would seem now that that was inevitable, but I never thought it would come to this."

You say, "Alas, it has. And I am incredibly sorry, my love."

You give a pained sigh.

Her eyes filling with angry tears, Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "Why should I trust you when you dont even trust me? You dont even discuss it with me - you - I can't even BELIEVE you."

You crease your brow in a frown.

Gabriella Talnara angrily turns away from you.

The wind whistles eerily through the trees.

You say, "Please -- know my heart, my dear. You know my love. It is true."

You have emoted: Mistral Talnara puts a paw on Gabriella's shoulder.

You say, "I am so sorry, my love."

Gabriella Talnara jerks away from you.

You give a pained sigh.

You say, "Please find it in your heart to forgive me."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "I have given up so much for the spouses in my life. I am patient, I try to understand - and perhaps I could have understood. If you had talked to me. Curiosity, I understand, all too well. But to follow Him? To betray my trust? To forgive you and try to understand what you see in His darkness?"

Gabriella's jaw hardens, and she shakes her head, tears streaming down her cheeks, though she ignores them.

Her voice cracking, Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "No. Absolutely not."

You shake your head.

You say, "I don't feel compelled to explain to anyone what I see in His Shadow. My role is not to convince them. But to you -- you know me. It is not evil, what I see. It is beautiful."

Her voice cold and sharp, Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says to you, "To me, *especially*, you would owe explanation. I am your wife, and my Mother is His enemy. I, am His enemy. I played a direct role in *poisoning* Him, and He has never forgotten that."

You nod your head.

You say, "I know."

Gabriella's face pales as she flinches, her hand going to the scar at her temple, gaze flickering.

You open your mouth to say something, but speech fails you.

You say, "I know the history, my love."

Gabriella puts her hand to her temple as she pales, her gaze darting about.  "He - He has never forgotten.  And He  never will.  Even when he tricked me into betraying my Mother, and it caused physical harm to Her, it was not enough - ".

You tilt your head and listen intently to Gabriella.

Angrily, Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says to you, "I will never betray Her again. Not - not over anything or... or anyone -."

You say, "I know."

Gabriella's fingers twitch as they caress the scar at her temple, impatiently dashing away tears from her face with her other hand.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "No! You don't!"

You purse your lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as you carefully gather your thoughts.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "You don't know, you don't understand, clearly, or you would have never done this!"

You say, "Isn't the fact that I do and I do understand and yet I still did it indicate how strongly I fell about this?"

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "It does not matter how strongly that you feel, Mistral, for you cannot seem to understand how strongly I have felt about such a thing. You cannot have truly understood that my trust was so fragile a thing, broken and twisted as it was, and yet I still held out Hope for you. I gave this kind of life another chance, for you, and you have no idea what that cost me."

Gabriella takes an unsteady breath.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "How could you possibly hope to remain a member of the Serenwilde Forest, when you hope to worship a God that is the exact opposite of all that we stand for in this world?"

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "How could you possibly hope to remain unenemied, a member, no matter what the bones read, when it's against our very Leaves? Do you truly think that the Inner Circle will allow this? My son loathes the Glomdoring, and anything to do with it - he despises the Silent Lord. I do not believe he will stand to have you in our home, feeling as you do."

Silvery strands of spider webbing weave like shadow across your form, haunting in their eerie luminescence.

Gabriella puts a hand to her chest, which heaves slightly from the force of her emotion, or perhaps from her need for breath, as the words come tumbling from her lips so quickly they almost run together.

Gabriella's gaze continues to roam nervously about the clearing, as though half-expecting something to leap from the shadows.

You say, "I cannot control his actions. But I can tell my story and seek compassion and understanding. I do not believe he will give it, but perhaps the Circle will."

You give a pained sigh.

Gabriella Talnara's face pales again, and she looks almost sick to her stomach as she clutches at her chest, purple eyes gone wide as she looks up at you.

You have emoted: Mistral Talnara reaches a paw out to touch Gabriella's hand.

Gabriella lurches, catching herself against the trunk of the closest tree, one hand still pressed to her chest as she takes an unsteady breath, closing her eyes tightly against something.

You say, "Love, what is happening?"

You have emoted: Mistral's ears stand up as he looks around.

Forcing the words through gritted teeth, Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "N-nothing. I am... I am reeling, from - from this news."

Her eyes still tightly closed, Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "The Circle will never allow this. Lady Lisaera will not stand for it, nor will Lord Hoaracle, and Mother, as understanding and compassionate that She can be, I do not believe She would stand for such a thing, either. Not with Him, as He is now."

You say, "I suspect you're right..."

You say, "But I must wait to see that that is truly the case."

You are compelled to wonder if Lord Nocht will be beautiful when His hands rip open Gabriella's chest and squeeze her heart until it no longer beats.

Her voice barely above a whisper, Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "And if they find that they cannot accept it, and you, as you wish it to be?"

You say, "I do not know."

You wonder if it will be beautiful when the Glomdoring feeds her body to their spiders, leaving only her head intact on a pike.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "That is a lie. You must know, in your heart, or you would not have gone this far. There is no true way that you could not have thought this through!"

You give a pained sigh.

Gabriella Talnara opens her eyes, her face still pale as she gazes up at you, pushing herself away from the tree with a shaky hand.

You say, "I have known it was a possibility."

Sharply, Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "And?"

You say, "I will accept my fate. I cannot control the fanaticism of those in the Wilde that cannot see beauty beyond what lies directly in front of their eyes."

You say, "I do not ask them to try and understand what I see and feel."

You say, "But I do ask them to know that I serve the Wilde. I am not a traitor."

You say, "I do ask them to try to understand that, just because I do not see the world in the black and white which they do, that I still serve the Wilde and love the Wilde."

Gabriella closes her eyes and inhales deeply, absorbing the scent of her surroundings.

You say, "Please, my love. All I can do is try to convince them."

You say, "I have already attempted to make the case for religious freedoms as far as the Leaves are concerned."

You say, "And I know that that is only a small part of this..."

You say, "But the dialog was already started quite some time ago."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope whispers, "I am not the Wilde, though, my husband. Why - *why* - did you not speak to me about this? WHY? This - this - delusion, that you are under -."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "I of all people, understand that Beauty is something that is in the eye of the Beholder, but these people - this God - His ways -."

Standing up tall, you say, "I am not under a delusion."

Gabriella takes another shallow, unsteady breath. "The delusion that people see only in black in white, Mistral."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "You did not trust me enough to speak to me, you did not value me enough to ask my thoughts on this, just like every other that has betrayed me to that place, to that Divine. That is the biggest transgression here."

You say, "When someone tells me that there is only one way and it is the way of the Last Forest, that is as black and white as it gets for me."

You say, "I do trust you, my love. And I know you. I know your history."

You say, "What understanding would you have shown me?"

Comments

• Yes, this truly was an amazing rp session. I always have loads of fun with @Nocht haunting me, and @Lisaera is more wonderful than I could have hoped for.

If anyone is interested in what Gabby was seeing when she was being all twitchy (the visions where we're wondering what I'll look like with my head on a pike, yay!) - I'll be happy to post them. I have small parts of the log since I wasn't at home at the time of the fun, but I'm glad @Mistral got the log of this.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • What a jerk that @Mistral is to @Gabriella. Nice log, though.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Kethaera said:
    What a jerk that @Mistral is to @Gabriella. Nice log, though.
    Sarcasm? Or Serious? The world may never know!

But I luffs him all the same.
    :x
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Gabriella said:
    Kethaera said:

Hey, hey, I was serious! About both! 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Kethaera said:
    Gabriella said:
    Kethaera said:

Hey, hey, I was serious! About both! 
    Just checking! :D
    --------
    --------
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Amazing. Just for context, when did this happen, exactly?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• This past Sunday. Shortly after Lisaera had exposed Mistral's ways to Serenwilde. An IG month or two before Serenwilde decided to kick him out and he joined Glom.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Holy crap, that was utterly amazing. Well done to all that were involved.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.