Real World Raves

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited August 2015
    whoops: wrong thread.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Gabriella said:

Kethaera said:

Gabriella said:

BY THE WAY.
    This isn't exactly a rave - well kind of a rave because I thought it was hilarious.

I work in a liquor store part time (one of my few jobs), and this week we had a beer and wine tasting - and I kid you not, we got a brand new brand called DRAGON'S MILK. I'll get a picture next time I work there to prove it.

BUT FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT KNOW WHY THAT'S IMPORANT, OMG, I NEARLY LOST MY SHIZ WHEN I SAW IT.

Is... is it golden?

I'm pretty sure the label is.  It actually might have been called Golden Dragon's Milk, I can't quite remember.  IT TASTED HORRIBLE THOUGH.

Are you...sampling your own wares?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited August 2015
    Shaddus said:
    Kethaera said:
    Gabriella said:
    BY THE WAY.
    This isn't exactly a rave - well kind of a rave because I thought it was hilarious.

I work in a liquor store part time (one of my few jobs), and this week we had a beer and wine tasting - and I kid you not, we got a brand new brand called DRAGON'S MILK. I'll get a picture next time I work there to prove it.

BUT FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT KNOW WHY THAT'S IMPORANT, OMG, I NEARLY LOST MY SHIZ WHEN I SAW IT.
    Is... is it golden?
    I'm pretty sure the label is.  It actually might have been called Golden Dragon's Milk, I can't quite remember.  IT TASTED HORRIBLE THOUGH.
    Are you...sampling your own wares?
    For the liquor store you mean, or am I producing my own golden dragon milk and then drinking it?

For the former, yes! We have wine tastings and beer tastings, etc at work, and part of my job is that (if I want to, it's not forced) I can taste these things so I can better recommend/understand what makes a good drink versus a bad one.  It's just one way that helps me do my job better, beyond being just a faceless cashier.  I like to be honest in my recommendations, so I try to taste a new and/or popular product so I can very truly say, "Oh, I loved that!"

For the latter, why yes, I've grown horns and a tail, I breathe fire and produce golden milk from my brea - OF COURSE NOT YOU DING DONG. :P
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Whoa. Bumped into an old Internet friend I've known for ten years.

...In person. For the first time. On complete accident. Apparently we now work for the same university! @-)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Android.

Fucking.

Marshmallow.

AWWWW YEAH.

Stangmar - Retired

• So I finally have a steady work schedule and time to myself in the week now that I'm settled in my new home, therefore I can start venturing back into the land of Lusternia. I just have to get over the urge that I need to move Anita somewhere else for me to get back into the swing of things. Must resist! Hi everyone! :)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Cooked with and ate jackfruit for the first time tonight. So weird and so good. Whoever invented it should get a medal.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Lived in the philippines for 2 years, can confirm that turon is invented by God himself.

Also try Adobo.  
    Stangmar - Retired

Going a bit rogue on some of the assignments I'm putting together, but now they are done and I look upon them with a stupid grin on my face. So even if students don't enjoy the courseload, I will at least enjoy teaching it! (I hope they enjoy it, though.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I have discovered a love for canoeing. Raves for excuses to enjoy the rest of the summer scenery. 

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Got my new phone. Galaxy S6 Edge. Switched from having an iPhone for the last several years.
    Right off the hop disappointed by the voicemail system. iPhone's is completely built in whereas Android you either use insecure third-party or I pay my ISP for their 'Visual Voicemail' crap. I understand that's more of my provider than Android, but Apple pushed their weight around - figured Android could too.

Oh well.
    MY STUDENTS ARE ADORABLE.  :x
    Daraius said:
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    My wife is going to be teaching game design using unity this year. Man, to be a middle school kid again.
  • Some of the worksheets we give at work have circles to color... and one of our kids is just... a coloring prodigy. She colors those circles so brightly and evenly and perfectly in the lines. I sometimes tell her to do more of those sheets just because I love looking at those circles afterwards. 

Her coloring makes me ocd happy. It's so nice.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Ardmore said:
    Got my new phone. Galaxy S6 Edge. Switched from having an iPhone for the last several years.
    Right off the hop disappointed by the voicemail system. iPhone's is completely built in whereas Android you either use insecure third-party or I pay my ISP for their 'Visual Voicemail' crap. I understand that's more of my provider than Android, but Apple pushed their weight around - figured Android could too.

Oh well.
    Android fanboy here:  The OEM's that produce Android devices don't have the weight of Apple.  They just don't sell enough.  Maybe collectively, but no single OEM has the volume.  If you're Samsung and you want the carriers to do your bidding, they can say "OK, guess we'll sell more iPhones and LGs this year".  

Motorola is trying to do an end run by selling the Moto X directly instead of through the carriers this year.  I just don't think they're popular enough.

Plenty of 3rd party visual voicemail setups, although I just switched to MetroPCS and they have an app for it(transcribing to text costs $1 month though).  

Welcome to Android.  I use the Nexus 6 myself as I don't care much for Samsung's software.....mutations.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• Steven Universe extended intro WITHOUT screaming fans.

Happiness.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Another couple pounds today.  Very (very) slowly loosing weight.  Less than a hundred to go.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2015
    Kiradawea said:

Steven Universe extended intro WITHOUT screaming fans.

Happiness.

I found myself providing the fan girl scream track first time I watched it.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm going camping today! Yay! (back on Monday!)

Very happy with today. I took some risks and they paid off and I am just... Very very happy. :x
    Daraius said:
  • edited August 2015

Pizza for dinner at Zeeks Pizza in Greenwood!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    My friend kicked a hole through her wall when she fell off of her bed months ago, and I only just found out because of a bad piece of tape made the poster covering it up fall to the floor. I got one of my carpentry friends and her fiance, and while she was at work we tore open the wall, added a bookshelf organiser, moved the outlet closer to the bed, and patched up the drywall where it needed doing. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited August 2015
    Raves for... my cat. I'm not a crazy cat lady (I swear), but after 4 years of having this beautiful old guy (who is 13 now), he still does things that amuse me for days afterward.

Like tonight, for example - I had a moderately sized plastic bag filled with a random assortment of things someone gave me that they no longer have a use for, which I left on the ground. The guy, being as curious as cats come, fearlessly climbs into this bag and literally paws the items around inside to see exactly what they are, despite only being able to fit about a head and shoulders in there. Does this for about three minutes before deciding that it's not that interesting after all but is still worthy to be his new throne. 

The throne-claiming I'm accustomed to seeing. The thorough investigation beforehand was new.

Cats <3

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• One of our junior high students has gotten fixated on the idea of learning Calculus... taught him the basic idea behind a limit, and how to take a derivative with the power rule(what a derivative is would have been a longer conversation...) today. It's been interesting to me, at least, since I'm having to think up easy calculus explanations for someone who hasn't taken algebra yet, and he is adorably determined to figure it out.

Even so, I hope he gets bored with it soon. I'm running out of easy explanations!
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Hoaracle said:

Slowly but surely, the final phase of my great move across the US is coming to a close. Which means, everything I have been putting off from Lusternia can finally get done again. 

So what you're saying is. You're going to buckle down and make the Magnolia quest coolest yet somehow most not-tedious best thing ever that we won't ever complain about again?

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.