Credit Market

124»

Comments

• I play with my fiance from the same router. We were never asked if we were distinct players, though I think our characters were created under distinct IP addresses? It really seems like Lusternia doesn't knee-jerk to perma-shrub when people from the same location play the game.

And just to keep the thread on-topic, here is another idea: Keep all the gold values the same, but always display that number divided by ten. Boom. Credits are 3k gold each. Psychological fear of large numbers is fixed.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My husband and I both play from the same router. We never informed IRE (since he was sneaky and I didn't know it was him for months and months), we have never been 'checked up on' for multiplaying or the like, and we most certainly haven't been shrubbed.

They are not stupid. It's pretty obvious I think when people are distinctly different people, playing at the same time.

• Edenwe said:
    Sylandra said:
    I imagine the admin ask what's up and investigate before shrubbing you to the moon and back.
    Don't make characters together without notifying them first. :(

I did that in Achaea... and my partner never wanted to play again after a bad experience with getting perma-shrubbed cause our email/ip addresses were similar.

I had that happen too @Edenwe with my and my sister's character when we were teenagers. 
  • Just an FYI... IRE admin have gotten a lot smarter over the years (no offence, just speaking from experience) - It's very very easy to differentiate between comps on the same router (having different IPs for starters). You can pretty safely have numerous logged in from the same router these days, and not have to inform IRE. My house personally has 3, it used to be 4, and never got any problems in the past ~4 years. 

• Syrennia said:
    Just an FYI... IRE admin have gotten a lot smarter over the years (no offence, just speaking from experience) - It's very very easy to differentiate between comps on the same router (having different IPs for starters). You can pretty safely have numerous logged in from the same router these days, and not have to inform IRE. My house personally has 3, it used to be 4, and never got any problems in the past ~4 years. 
    It depends a bit. Some routers take a public IP address that's shared between all computers behind it, meaning that IRE still only sees one IP address. I'd think it's pretty simple to tell if it's one person playing several characters or two people playing two characters though, simply by looking at how they act.