Dinky Catacombs fight.

Little lopsided, but to be fair I didn't even know Sidd and co had decided to go defend our honor, ahhhh oops? Lot's of lazy targeting and lazy-non-razey from @Malarious. Also chasing hack downs with @Lothringen. I wanted heads too :( And maybe slightly dickish pk at the end but not really #winning

https://sites.google.com/site/thalkslogs/home/pklogs/Catacombs%20Fight.htm?attredirects=0&d=1

Comments

• Jerks.  [-(
  • edited September 2015
    protip. Don't enter a room full of men who just got done with wiping out your city-mates and allies to stay and chat. They don't listen at the best of times. (I'm sorry on their behalf.)
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    That 1v6 for a minute and a half, doe.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Kaimanahi said:

That was my fault, I screwed my alias's up :(

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Kaimanahi said:
    And so the era of warriors begins. 
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Recent fights have actually given me hope that combat will become more about skill/synergy (and cheese moves?) than the tired damage spam. It also makes me really sad when I turn to decap; it hurts to consciously lame. But yay combat!
    I think we're moving away from damage spam but towards everyone spamming their timed insta. 

Baby steps. 
  • I have a legit question. Why does everyone bitch and cry about people using any which combination of skills they have available to kill someone? People keep talking about these kills like there is an honour code. Did I miss that one on intro in Newton?
  • edited September 2015
    ... Maybe I should've pushed harder for a timed insta.

Edit: A properly workable timed insta.

edited September 2015
    I don't know who "everyone" is, but I don't think most people complain that a skill was used, rather I think people complain that a skill is too powerful. 

I think the only time people generally cite an honor code is when skills not working as intended are abused, a la Morbo and the aerochemantics bomb+sensitivity. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or when it's patently asshole behavior, like dominating alcohol consumption. 
    I don't have a problem with that. If it's intended, it's allowed. As Enadonella said, there's no PKers code of honor.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Lrn2tolerance

Alternatively, just highlight someone handing you a vial and add a stratagem to drop it when you've got balance. It's how I beat drunkening.
  • edited September 2015
    Kaimanahi said:
    @Kaimanahi is the boss encounter of all raid dungeons now.
  • Assholes generally only have a few tricks though, they aren't smart enough to do anything else. Use that to your advantage! 

And, everyone in the general sense. I hear a lot of other players whining about skills being op or used in conjunction with others to be op. That is the point. To find which skills work well together and kill the enemy. It is then my job to learn how to survive hinder and kill through that. Does it still suck? Yes. 

There are always going to be skills in each class that are awesome against others. Gods only know how many times I have died to monks. And I will continue to die to monks. If we take away all the challenges we are left with a stencil for kindergartners. It isn't supposed to be a game of scissor, paper, rock. Sometimes there are more rocks, and sometimes there isn't enough salt in the sea to cover all the gripes people have when those situations come up. Who cares if it took a minute something. Enemy was killed. Who cares if there were six on one. We don't know what it took to get to that point, and how much power a said Nihilist had left in reserves. You don't go into combat thinking everyone you take with you will survive. You just go in have fun and deal with the results in a productive manner. You can lose and still smile, it isn't like we are playing for sheep stations. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Dropbox pro tip:

Put the html log in your public folder, then right click and "Copy Public link", paste that link to wherever.

Now we don't have to download anything.

Cool log though.
  • haha, to be honest the reason they are all like that is because when I first made my google site I was on crappy dial up and google just wouldn't let me make separate pages to view logs so I had to make it a file folder instead just to get them posted. I should probably convert everything over but /lazy. :(
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited September 2015
    Protip: Don't drop alcohol, empty it instead. You can still drink from a vial on the ground. When I used to dominate people, I never handed them the vial, I just dropped my whiskey.

Also: People bitch about a skill being used over and over. Sap is annoying because it's the only thing a Druid will ever do, they will sap you, fail, and then avoid being hit to sap you again. I used the same strategy as a Nihilist over and over till it worked (hexen mugwump ecto under blackout than doublewhammy scabies/epilepsy, if failed, try again).

Which, I do not blame the person doing that at all in that scenario. Keep trying to Inquisition me. I blame whomever designed the skill (or the Envoy) to not provide better alternatives.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.