The Wedding of Phoebus and Shedrin Windwhisper

DaraiusDaraius ShevatThe juror's taco spot
edited September 2015 in Event Scrolls
It was a bittersweet occasion as House Shevat lost Shedrin to House Windwhisper, but they just look so cute together I couldn't help but give my blessing for it when they asked. Some pre-game shenanigans here, adjusted a little so the lines of discussion are easier to follow. Included here for the sake of completion, so you can pretend you were there at least as long as I was.

Daraius dips his muzzle politely to the assembled citizens.

Entrias doffs an elegant hat of burnished silver silk to Daraius.

Entrias gives a faceted amethyst iris to Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal.

Ino curtseys gracefully before Daraius.

Tekora smiles softly at Entrias.

Tekora slips into a faceted amethyst iris.

Daraius Shevat's eyes and aura brighten considerably as he catches sight of Ino. He wordlessly points both index fingers in her direction.

With a flourish of his arm, Luce bows deeply.

Ino blinks and then smiles warmly at Daraius, returning the gesture.

Sylandra arrives from the southwest.

Ino curtseys gracefully before Sylandra.

Sylandra curtseys gracefully.

His tail wagging happily, Daraius Shevat lightly presses his padded fingertips against Ino's.

Daraius Shevat bows his head politely to Sylandra.

Turnus arrives, following Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete.

Phoebus arrives, following Shedrin Shevat.

Ambassador Daraius Shevat says, "We are moments away, I should think. Do we know who is the officiant?"

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Keeper Ushaara will be presiding over the event."

Shedrin Shevat says, "Hmm hmm."

Comprehension flashes across Daraius's face.

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Good afternoon, everyone."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "It is not quite time, yet."

Phoebus's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Lowering her hands, Shifting Current Ino says, "How exciting, my first weddin' I am attending. ."

Shedrin Shevat says, "It is positive that such interest has been taken in this event."

Lady Sylandra Shevat, Auspice of Winter smiles and says to Phoebus, "Goodness, your wedding is the event of the season."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "It wouldn't be good to start before the official date, yes? What if some had not yet arrived?"

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok whispers to Ino, "The first wedding I attended, my uncle got turned into a cake."

Sylandra's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Shifting Current Ino says to Entrias, "Would that be the Lordarian - that is, th' Lord Librarian Windwhisper?"

A wry smile spreads across Entrias's face.

Ushaara enters from the southeast, emanating an aura of immense power.

Shifting Current Ino says, "I believe I witnessed that at my birthday party."

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "No. That would be the Utterly Amazing Elder Ciaran."

Shifting Current Ino says, "Ah. Well, I am sure he made a very nice cake."

Swirls of burning parchment flicker in from the southwest, enveloping the form of Portius.

Ino nods her head at Portius.

Shedrin takes a deep breath as the crystal surface of his face softens and shifts in colour, a muted glow appearing within.

Musing, Allyrianne Shevat, the Sublime Opus says, "Cantankerous cake, perhaps."

Luce ponders the situation.

A chill wind blasts around you as Ayisdra arrives from the northeast, borne by a swirling vortex of ice crystals.

Entrias nods his head at Allyrianne, showing his acceptance.

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says to Allyrianne, "Ah, here. The spoils of war."

Phoebus gives a figurine of Allyrianne to Allyrianne Shevat, the Sublime Opus.

Allyrianne Shevat, the Sublime Opus laughingly says, "Ah, yes, my vicious miniature."

Ino pulls a slightly squished parchment figure from her pocket and wanders over to Daraius. Standing a polite distance away, she extends the vaguely canine figure to him.

Golden motes winking about his aura, Daraius Shevat accepts the model from Ino with a grateful nod of his head.

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal smiles and says, "Well then, perhaps some of the assembled party would care to model their likeness for the exhibition?"

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal smiles and says, "While we are waiting, would anyone care for some portraits?"

Lady Sylandra Shevat, Auspice of Winter laughingly says, "I would care for portraits for the Jadicean Art Exhibition?"

Shifting Current Luce Shevat says, "I still need to finish this one..."

Glaring at a painting of A fractal snowflake, Luce prods it repeatedly, the height of rudeness.

Tilting her head to the side, Shifting Current Ino says, "There is an art exhibition?"

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal says, "Everyone does appear to have dressed their best."

Entrias starts dusting a formal evening suit of silver-grey brocade.

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper looks skeptical and says, "Yes, indeed."

Ino peers at a chic celadon gown of willowy nature unscrupulously.

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "I have put on a gown and everything."

Shifting Current Ino says, "I am afraid I am dressed in my only clothing. I do hope it is suitable."

Tekora's eyes sparkle with amusement at Phoebus.

Allyrianne Shevat, the Sublime Opus says to Luce, "I am still in the stage of discarding sketches."

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal says to Phoebus, "You must let me paint you and the Exemplar together, dear sister."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says to Tekora, "Haven't you already done so before?"

Phoebus takes a painting of Shedrin and Phoebus from a professional black briefcase.

Phoebus points accusingly at a painting of Shedrin and Phoebus.

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal says, "Yes, but this is different, to commemorate this date."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "I see."

Phoebus puts a painting of Shedrin and Phoebus into a professional black briefcase.

Shifting Current Ino looks thoughtful and says, "Perhaps in a tasteful pose?"

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal smiles and says, "That one was to commemorate your engagement."

Shedrin Shevat says, "Hmm hmm."

Ino peers absently in her satchel, shifting the contents about.

Shedrin Shevat says, "I expect there will be an opportune moment when the Keeper has constructed his ceremony."

Phoebus nods her head sagely.

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal looks skeptical and says, "I would rather not interrupt the ceremony to do so though."

Keeper Ushaara asks Shedrin, "Hmm? What was that?"

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal says, "Well, if no one is requesting, then I shall."

Tekora gives a master's paint palette to Representative Phoebus Windwhisper.

Tekora gives a blank canvas to Representative Phoebus Windwhisper.

Phoebus peers at a master's paint palette unscrupulously.

Shifting Current Ino says to Phoebus, "Yes, do make like a statue and freeze admirably Representative, so that your portrait can be captured."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "What are you asking of me? To paint you?"

Sylandra gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal smiles and says to Phoebus, "Me and the Superintendent."

Daraius's ears swivel placidly to follow the conversation.

Ino folds her hands before herself, standing near Daraius's side absently.

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says to Tekora, "Well, pose when ready, I suppose."

Keeper Ushaara asks, "Are we expecting others to arrive?"

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Unsure."

[Shedrin makes a million crystal flowers]

Shedrin's crystalline form shifts to a cool sky-blue colour as he looks about.

Shedrin gives a glittering fractal flower to Keeper Ushaara.

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal says to Entrias, "Superintendent, if you would?"

Entrias looks up at Tekora curiously.

Ushaara distractedly looks over a few notes.

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says to Entrias, "She wishes to pose with you, for a painting."

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal smiles and says, "My sister is going to paint our portrait."

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "Oh, of course. I would be honoured."

With aching resonance, a sweeping aria drifts in from the northeast, accompanied by pinpricks of 
crystalline light that manifest into Nyxx.
She is followed by a frisky puppy, a hamster in a cage-wheel, and a sapphiric skylark.

Tekora shuffles over to Entrias and shyly takes his hand in her own.

Nyxx snorts and snuffles at the air through a ridiculous pig nose.

Entrias smiles softly at Tekora.

Shifting Current Ino says, "Oh. Hm."

With a careful eye, Phoebus balances a palette of paints in one hand and props a canvas on her knee. After pondering Tekora's profile, she attacks the canvas with furious brush strokes and soon has created a painting of Tekora and Entrias.

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "There you are."

Phoebus gives a painting of Tekora and Entrias to Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal.

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal says, "Would anyone else care for portraits?"

Nyxx shuffles over to Ayisdra and shyly takes his hand in her own.

Ino's gaze drifts idly across the gathering, clutching a tidy little notepad in her hands.

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal says to Nyxx, "Aye, Minister?"

With a careful eye, Tekora balances a palette of paints in one hand and props a canvas on her knee. After pondering Nyxx's profile, she attacks the canvas with furious brush strokes and soon has created a painting of Nyxx and Ayisdra.

Luce ponders the situation.

Ambassador Daraius Shevat asks Phoebus, "May I see the painting of you and Shedrin?"

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper asks, "The one currently in my possession?"

Shedrin Shevat says, "Hmm."

Phoebus takes a painting of Shedrin and Phoebus from a professional black briefcase.

Shedrin Shevat says, "We are dressed much less formally."

Daraius's ears fall back against his head.

Phoebus gives a painting of Shedrin and Phoebus to Daraius.

Delicately, Ambassador Daraius Shevat says, "How much less formally?"

Ino thrusts her palm towards her forehead and hits it with a resounding *smack*!

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper looks skeptical and says, "The clothes we normally wear."

Gingerly rubbing her forehead, Shifting Current Ino mutters, "Ow."

Glancing down at the painting, Ambassador Daraius Shevat says, "Ah, understood."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper laughingly says, "Good heavens, what sort of paintings do you think I carry about with me?"

Shedrin gazes in Daraius's direction as his crystalline form fades to a cool, sky-blue colour.

Phoebus fidgets impatiently.

Turning up his paws, silver script briefly visible across his palms, Ambassador Daraius Shevat says, "I did not know why Shedrin would think it so important to warn me!"

Daraius gives a painting of Shedrin and Phoebus to Representative Phoebus Windwhisper.

Sylandra tilts her head curiously.

Ambassador Daraius Shevat says, "You are both lovely, of course."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper smiles impishly and says, "I would hardly be waving it around were it informal to the point of indecency."

Phoebus puts a painting of Shedrin and Phoebus into a professional black briefcase.

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal smiles and says to Zyphora, "And you dear? Would you like a painting of you and your husband?"

Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete smiles and says, "Ah, I must decline, but thank you."

Tekora nods her head at Zyphora.

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal says, "What of individual portraits? Anyone?"

Shedrin Shevat says to Tekora, "Paint myself."

Tekora nods her head at Shedrin.

Crinkling her nose, Shifting Current Ino says, "Oh, call it perhaps tasteful in repose?"

Shedrin Shevat says to Tekora, "Paint my spousal entity."

The corners of Ino's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

With a careful eye, Tekora balances a palette of paints in one hand and props a canvas on her knee. After pondering Shedrin's profile, she attacks the canvas with furious brush strokes and soon has created a painting of Shedrin.

With a careful eye, Tekora balances a palette of paints in one hand and props a canvas on her knee. After pondering Phoebus's profile, she attacks the canvas with furious brush strokes and soon has created a painting of Phoebus.

Shedrin takes a deep breath as the crystal surface of his face softens and shifts in colour, a muted glow appearing within.

Shedrin Shevat says, "Citizens. It is nearly time."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Yes, nearly."

Shedrin Shevat says, "I must thank you all for attending. It is humbling that you all think so highly to attend in such quantity and quality."

Phoebus smiles softly at Shedrin.

Tekora beams broadly.

Ambassador Daraius Shevat asks, "Is there time for one more portrait?"

Tekora nods her head at Daraius.

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal says, "Of course, Ambassador."

Daraius Shevat extends one paw serenely to Sylandra.

[waiting]

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Hmmm."

[waiting]

Tekora awaits for Daraius and Sylandra to be ready.

A subtle sparkle in his eyes, Ambassador Daraius Shevat says, "Well, let us not hold up the ceremony."

Daraius gently reaches over and takes both of Sylandra's hands in his own.

Lady Sylandra Shevat, Auspice of Winter says, "Mm?"

Daraius nods his head at Tekora.

With a careful eye, Tekora balances a palette of paints in one hand and props a canvas on her knee. After pondering your profile, she attacks the canvas with furious brush strokes and soon has created a painting of Daraius and Sylandra.

Phoebus Windwhisper watches Daraius and Sylandra with great interest.

Tekora's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Tekora gives a painting of Daraius and Sylandra to Daraius.

Phoebus rubs her chin thoughtfully, raises her eyebrow and says, "I see..."

It is now the 8th of Shanthin, 422 years after the Coming of Estarra.

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "The date has arrived."

Representative Phoebus Windwhisper says, "I suppose this means we may begin."

Shedrin Shevat says to Ushaara, "Keeper, if you may."

Daraius Shevat dips his muzzle in thanks to Tekora, then swivels his ears and gaze towards Ushaara.
I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    And afterward, further shenanigans involving fruit platters, which I may provide after work unless someone else does. Blessings on the happy couple!  >:D<
    I used to make cakes.

• The 'hmm hmm' makes this for me. Well done! :)
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    No one has the puns afterward? Well, that's our sanity saved, at any rate. The reception was fun, though, we should do weddings more often.
  • Luce said:
    No one has the puns afterward? Well, that's our sanity saved, at any rate. The reception was fun, though, we should do weddings more often.

What are you waiting for? Get a move on!
  • Luce said:
    I'm going to post them when I get around to it.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited September 2015
    I love how after I almost convince @Daraius to eat phruit, @Portius has to abide by the bro code and warn him off. :(

Anyway, @Ino is the bravest and most hilarious of Hallis.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I have no idea what this platter is. Someone paste the design for full context?

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    No, you just gotta try it like everyone else.
    I used to make cakes.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Sylandra said:
    I love how after I almost convince @Daraius to eat phruit, @Portius has to abide by the bro code and warn him off. :(

Sorry @Sylandra, the Hallibro code is an unbreakable obligation. It's a librarian thing.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Portius said:
    Sylandra said:

Sorry @Sylandra, the Hallibro code is an unbreakable obligation. It's a librarian thing.
    Would I ever steer him wrong?  ;;)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Yes.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Hallifaxians are so weird. 

No sacrifice? No blood? No cold sneers from rival families from the back of the room? I hardly call that a wedding!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The spouses aren't related, so it's not Magnagoran either.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Celina said:
    Hallifaxians are so weird. 

No sacrifice? No blood? No cold sneers from rival families from the back of the room? I hardly call that a wedding!
    I bled internally from the phruit that I ate!  I sacrificed my stomach so that @Phoebus would feel appreciated as a cook and no one else would be forced to eat it!

Oh, and I killed people with puns!

No sneering though.  So, 3/4 of a wedding?