Today I learned (TIL)

Comments

• Arcanis said:

I do so love when people that know nothing of a skillset (nor have any experience in it) try to give input. If you look back lerad, I split up phantasms into a very simple way of understanding what abilities can be used activily, what are demesne reliant, and what are near useless or very situational. I am not sure why you believe yourself and Celina...whom have near 0 experience in this...have the right information (with apparently 'I had early game experience with geomancer so I must know everything), which from what I have heard in game, your input (celina specifically) on anything outside communes is near inept, basically anything not SD or Harbinger.. but okay :).

My head is fucking spinning man. Wow. Such arrogant, very petty. Much misinformed. Delusional. I understand why Lerad has a conniption everytime you shit all over your keyboard. Can you just stop and accept that you don't know it all, especially about combat?

You might be a loremaster, inasmuch that you won second in Knowledge Seal last year, but your combat skills and rhetoric need some serious overhaul.

AGAIN, I totally don't mind if you poison little Geos' minds with your teaching. Go ahead and tell them all to be TK and that Phantasms are useless. It means one less melder guild to worry about in world pvp. :)>-

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Loremaster who wrote a play ending with the line that there were "yet more undiscovered Seals out there" (referring to the 9 Seals).

And refused to fix it when pointed out that it was incorrect.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Today I re-learned how little known in-game things there are on the Marne Sea/Ocean (I can't remember at the moment, might edit later if I do). I hope this means the admins have something sneaky planned (why have a named area with references to it through some lore and ikons without having a plan to later acknowledge it). I, for one, have always used (in my RP)  the excuse that there is a secret spa resort either far across the Western mountains or underneath Marne for when I can't log in for a long time.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

• Xenthos said:
    Loremaster who wrote a play ending with the line that there were "yet more undiscovered Seals out there" (referring to the 9 Seals). And refused to fix it when pointed out that it was incorrect.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited September 2015
    TIL we flawless

#Iwokeuplikedis
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If you want to get technical, I wrote the learning lines for Phantasms, so I win this argument. #getrekt
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    On a more serious note, let's cut out the genital comparison and get back to the original idea of the thread. TIL forest fires don't give a damn whether you put them all out or not. They'll just come right back.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Forest herpes
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I have 2 pages dedicated to my flaws at the minimum.
    Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. There were only 2 people slinging insults. Even I was playing nice (despite my better judgement). We could just warn them and re open tweets. 

I mean, my last warning specifically says I was being warned for "insulting someone's work as an envoy" and offering to help them "move them to Achaea." That same person calls me "inept," and it's apparently all of our fault but the guy that said it?

I don't really care about being called names, and I dunno who is responsible for the Norns-probably several people but enough admin have liked the post in an hour and a half that I'm reasonably sure someone is at least semi aware of the issue here, but can someone just let me know who I need to bribe to get the rules to roll my way like this? Screw tweets, I'll settle for that sweet deal. 

• You cannot ask for us to stop closing threads that lead to slinging insults and to just warn/ban the culprits, then complain when people are warned/banned. 

Whether you believe it or not, we really have no intent to seem "unfair" on the forums. There are varying levels of insult that may or may not lead to warnings/bans, and each person reads things differently. Just because I decide to warn/ban someone for something does not mean the others would. Leaving punishment up to one Admin would surely drive us all away, as it leads to things like your post above.

Sorry if you feel you are being unfairly treated, but if you'd like, we could be a lot more sensitive and just ban people for even the slightest of insults, but I fear the forums would be mostly empty if we did. If I were to guess, I would assume the Norns was more put off by your suggestion to move players away from the game than the insults you may have slung.

As has been stated numerous times before, if you feel you have been unjustly punished, take it to support@lusternia.com.
  • edited September 2015
    [REDACTED]

Today I learned... I sometimes make assumptions and people shouldn't make assumptions. OR let similar interactions with OTHER characters cloud their judgement.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    TIL the forums aren't empty yet and that the TIL thread is now pseudo tweets.
    Manteekan said:
    You cannot ask for us to stop closing threads that lead to slinging insults and to just warn/ban the culprits, then complain when people are warned/banned. 

Whether you believe it or not, we really have no intent to seem "unfair" on the forums. There are varying levels of insult that may or may not lead to warnings/bans, and each person reads things differently. Just because I decide to warn/ban someone for something does not mean the others would. Leaving punishment up to one Admin would surely drive us all away, as it leads to things like your post above.

Sorry if you feel you are being unfairly treated, but if you'd like, we could be a lot more sensitive and just ban people for even the slightest of insults, but I fear the forums would be mostly empty if we did. If I were to guess, I would assume the Norns was more put off by your suggestion to move players away from the game than the insults you may have slung.

As has been stated numerous times before, if you feel you have been unjustly punished, take it to support@lusternia.com.
    I get it. You'll have to pardon my dark humor in the previous post, it was largely sarcasm used to point out of an unfair discrepancy in the application of the rules. I know lots of admin review the forums and posts, I know the Norns aren't just one dude. I'm not specifically attacking an admin or calling you guys NEAR INEPT because well...that'd be fucking rude and directly insulting! Just saying "hey squirrel friends, maybe this deserves a second look." 

Or, you know, just driving the admin away with my posts. Apparently. 
  • Nyxx said:
    [REDACTED]

Today I learned... I sometimes make assumptions and people shouldn't make assumptions. OR let similar interactions with OTHER characters cloud their judgement.
    Sorry about that :<
  • Chirbo said:
    Nyxx said:
    [REDACTED]

Sorry about that :<

I keep telling you... YOU have nothing to be sorry for. -I- was the one being a butthead :P hehe water under the bridge.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    People shouldn't go on a crusade at people influencing in the same area. Would probably save a lot of drama.

• Lavinya said:
    People shouldn't go on a crusade at people influencing in the same area. Would probably save a lot of drama.
    Unless it's a revolt.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Lavinya said:

heh not quite like that. Im all good with sharing areas. The annoying part is when people walk into the same -ROOM- as you and start influencing the same guys you are influencing and then get all snarky and give attitude when you ask em nicely about it.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    TIL beast breaths are really really helpful while bashing, speed up my bashing times a bit. Also yay for lightning breathing ponies and goats *insert mad giggle*. Now just to figure out how to efficiently monitor my beasts mana... back to the drawing board.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    TIL how to light beacons. I hate to say it, but other than hunting the little squids down and finding the seahorse, I don't hate it nearly as much as I did killing mutts.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Tremula If the quest isn't hindered it's doable. You'll see squids everywhere eventually, but it's not that big of a challenge, except in persistence :)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • TIL Methrenton will knock your teeth out if you are an enemy and walk into his room (Im assuming it's the same with Ashtorath). The other supernals dont seem to mind, and I can even hold up a Q&A with Japhiel.
    Arcanis said:

TIL Methrenton will knock your teeth out if you are an enemy and walk into his room (Im assuming it's the same with Ashtorath). The other supernals dont seem to mind, and I can even hold up a Q&A with Japhiel.

True story.

One time I was defending Celestia against Narsim. He was a Caco, and dominated me into kicking Japhiel.

It didn't end well.
  • TIL that fae goats wear PURPLE coats. Ty Oneiroi.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    TIL there's an eye sigil in the western ring toss booth, but not the eastern one.

Incidentally, if anyone lost an enchanted ring at that eastern booth, message Luce with what it was and what it held and I'll get it back to you.