New Pinky dingbat artifacts

edited September 2015 in Q&A
I had a few questions on the new artifacts:

the Skin of the Zombie - if you are undead, does this mean you can influence the undead?

Hand of the Demigod - can other people use your hand or is it owner only use? Is there more loss if you are over the soft cap for essence (~80million)?

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    When it says "For all intents and purposes," it should definitely allow influencing of undead.  If it doesn't, I'd bug it 'cause that's one of the perks of being undead.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Does the mindfield artifact double the eq cost on scries like mindfield does?
  • Skin of zombie allows influencing undead but gives no bonuses for influencing undead (i.e., unlike the Book of the Dead). It also confers all bonuses and penalties of being undead (i.e., damage defense/weakness, quests will recognize you as undead, etc.).

Hand of the Demigod can only be used by owner. Not sure what you mean about "more loss". It's a flat 25% loss when you transfer.

The mindfield artifact will double eq cost just like the mindfield skill. If you have the mindfield skill active AND the mindfield artifact up, you will triple the eq cost (as well as double damage).
  • Estarra said:

Hand of the Demigod can only be used by owner. Not sure what you mean about "more loss". It's a flat 25% loss when you transfer.

Thanks, @Estarra. I was unsure if the essence coming in also gets reduced more because of the soft cap for essence, as once you are over 80 million essence (or so), things start giving you less essence. As such, I thought this transfer counted as incoming essence that got reduced more if you were over the soft cap.
  • edited September 2015
    The gilded cage works identically to the auction artifact right? It makes no mention of the double duration in the announce post.

In the auction--> "Gives you access to damageshift if you do not have it. If
         you do have it, increases the duration by 100% and increases the
         damage caused from damageshift by 10%."

In the announce--> "If you have the damageshift ability, increases the energy reserved to
    fortify your next attack."
  • The gilded cage is the same artifact, yes.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • I have made this clearer in HELP DINGBATS PINKY.
  • Thank you both <3
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    These artifacts are all pretty amazing, but I'm somewhat disliking how the Hand only works for the owner. Was there a reasoning behind this?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Hand would be okay if it wasn't so laughably expensive. I'd be happier if the zombie skin was just the Book of the Dead too, but oh well. Maybe if no one buys it we can just swap in the Book for it and the skin can be an auction item later...
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    The perma deathsight, third eye and see enemies entering/exiting the room goggles, how do they work exactly? They see entering through yesod/sneak/shroud etc? What sort of message do they put out? Do they cause the people in the room gmcp field whose syntax I can't recall to update without you having to toss out a look/ql?
  • Deathsight and thirdeye are always up and act just the same.

For the enemies enter and exiting.

X has entered the area
    X has left the area.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Oh, so just clarivoyance specs then?