PK curing question - confusion

AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
I've been wondering is someone up here would be able to shoot me a bit of help regarding a special PK curing question I have with warrior types. I seem to be able to hold my ground 'okay' in most cases, but especially in cases against a warrior, be it in a 1vs1 sparring or an actual struggle (the death domoth upgrade thing @Thalkros posted is a good example), I seem to go down very fast compared to other classes I tried 1vs1 against. I have no delusions being standing for long against a seasoned demigod with a lot of curious and artifacts to boost them, still ... it goes down quickly and my m&m doesn't seem to keep up especially with deep wounds. Asked few people in org, but didn't find anything substantial, except of parrying setup improvements, which help but don't help with the fact that the curing doesn't keep up at all.
Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.

Best Answers

• edited September 2015 Accepted Answer
    You shouldn't be using greatrobes as a monk, at least after you get inked. Tattoo armour, even just from kata (i.e. you don't need to know tattoos), is equivalent to splendours (65/65) and you get that just from having all your tattoo weight inked. It doesn't even need to be inked with resistance tats.

Answers

• Enough things go into deepwounds calculations that there's really no one solution. Parry and stance are very important, yes, but you should also take into account that Thalkros is going to be throwing out peak deepwounds and burning power for it and I doubt you have peak defenses (although 65/65 tattoo armour and dodging should give you a decent layer at least).

Large swathes of it are also going to become irrelevant when the warrior overhaul finally hits.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @akyaevin Thanks for your answer. As said, though, I'm not expecting to withstand overly long, just noticed that warriors seem to be a lot faster then other classes in dropping me and I think that's because my m&m doesn't keep up with the deepwounds. Maybe upping my defences would help, I'm just confused and not really sure where to improve from there.
    @Shedrin Thanks!

Learned a few things from just that:

- I'm very positive I was sipping health instead of apply priority-wise. doh
    - disengaging ability, got to look at them.
    - remember to raise that hood...

I'll see if I can dig out my log from the incident that Thalkros posted as well. Thanks for the offer.
  • There was at least three warrior there + a monk, anyone is going to be hardpressed to keep up curing in that situation. Especially when there is a Taroist there for applying aeons to slit/windpipe locks. I know as far as MM goes it used to be that you had to set all the parry/stancing/etc up on your own, I'm not sure if that ever got changed but if its still like that you may want to get with someone a little more experienced with it to see how they have their levels set up.

Group pk is often hard to discern if there were mistakes being made but logs help, I log just about every single fight(yes even the ones where we get stomped) just so I can review later to see if myself or any of my little dinks were messing up on something.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Be acrobat, get tattooed (shoot me a message if you can't find anyone in your alliance to do it and I'll take care of you), get good stance and parry settings, set sipping health to around 60%. That'll get you a decent bit more survivability.
    edited September 2015
    Again thanks for the help :-)

@Thalkros I more or less referred to your posted log because it was immediately accessible and I had no access to the computer that I use for playing, so I couldn't tell whether I actually had remembered to log. Will log more in the future. I have seen the same problems in 1 vs 1 too, hence why I even posted that question. In the group fight we had, it was pretty clear that with that amount of demigods, I would be hard pressed to keep up even if I had more experience and defenses then I do.

@Tarkenton Thank you for your kind offer. I do have my tattoos 95% done ( I think it says I have 61/61 on the tattoo armor, seen that somewhere). I'll especially check with health sipping and wound priorities, as I learned from this thread today.

edit: oh and yes, stance /parring I had someone help me through it and set it up right, so.. that shouldn't be an issue. Missing skill here and there might, though.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ooh, make sure you aren't wearing anything that gives armor. Like, no stacking robes with tattoos, else it'll override the tattoo armor.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    The simplest fix anyone can do without copying someone else's m&m sp is to just increase scroll and sparkle thresholds when fighting warriors
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    A good thing to do is have a toggle set up that changes your overall sipping  priorities to adjust for pk. That way, you can use your resources economically while bashing (sipping health before using more expensive cures, using alternate sparkleberry, etc.) and strategically during pk. Having a pk toggle in place can also help to adapt other bits of automatic or semi-automatic code you might want as a convenience during regular play but that might get in the way of pk.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yep. My PK toggle auto enemies, sets ents, announces targets, and changes all replies to lol when it's on.
    @Celina Your assessment is correct. And naturally, it's cheaper to just sip health during bashing, didn't even think of using other means of 'regular' healing during PK. That'll be changed up on the list it goes. Thanks!

@Shuyin, @Enyalida I'll see that I script myself one of those PK toggles. @Shuyin's lol toggle also sounds very interesting, hrrhrr ;-)

@Tarkenton I hope that "TATTOOS ARMOUR" is correct and right in it's detection, as it detects when I wear greatrobes. Still not sure why there's 61 in stead of 65 in my tattoo armour, but I'll figure it out.

@Everyone Thank you all for your helpful tips and comments... will change things around, tackle a few allied people for sparring and report back :-) I appreciate all the help.
  • When I'm bashing, I just turn sparkle and scroll off unless I'm taking a lot of damage. I also have an alias to toggle combat mode.
    So, a few tests later, pk alias with all the suggestions mentioned... thanks a lot everybody, your suggestions made me survive a lot better! :-)