Eleventh Anniversary Quiz

edited October 2015 in World Library
Hosted by the Oneroi, whose fiendishly difficult questions managed to stump all of us at one point or another. Whew! However, they did generously give partial credit on certain questions as well. Thank you for hosting the quiz, Oneiroi!

(1) NEW QUESTION: "Of what profession is Apprentice Asaami, whose skills can lure the attention of the legendary fire wyverns?
Point value: 0
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Fire Spinner"[/spoiler]

(2) NEW QUESTION: "What classification of Dynodeon hatched a plan to break into the Night Market?"
Point value: 1
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Replicant"
Contestant                Answer
----------                ------
Nyxx:                     Robotic dynodeon
Portius:                  Silver
Irillia:                  Silver
Vivet:                    Silver
Arcanis:                  Zvoltzed[/spoiler]

(3) NEW QUESTION: "What valley, home to trill and tae'dae, was uncovered by a rush of energy from the Elemental Planes?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Irshaw Heights", "Irshaw"[/spoiler]

(4) NEW QUESTION: "Dream-crazed and ranting, what was the full name of the geomancer who discovered the gulagoyles with the assistance of Arcanis De'Unnero?"
Point value: 2
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Rasebal i'Xiia"
Entrias:                  Tainty McGuffin
Azus:                     Xaldrin
Ixion:                    Rasabel
Portius:                  Rasebal i'Xiaa[/spoiler]

(5) NEW QUESTION: "What type of anthropomorphic animal is Weeky Peedia?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Badger"
Tau:                      Fox
Entrias:                  Furrikin
Daebach:                  Bear
Nyxx:                     Squirrel
Azus:                     Skunk
Ixion:                    Tigressssssss
Davos:                    Furrikin
Portius:                  Raccoon
Irillia:                  Raccoon
Delsea:                   Furrikin
Lleuke:                   Furrikin
Ayisdra:                  Squirrel
Telperion:                Furrikin
Arcanis:                  Furrikin
Tredian:                  Fae[/spoiler]

(6) NEW QUESTION: "Which Imperial monarch taught Ladantine VII the secret art of dreamweaving?"
Point value: 3
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Sinenth III", "Sinenth"[/spoiler]

(7) NEW QUESTION: "What was the name of the matriarch of the Taurian Mercenaries and auxiliary member of the Dark Council during the Taint Wars?"
Point value: 5
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Meldoonia Sher"
Azus:                     Tanks McMoo
Ixion:                    Oneiroi's hawt pink panties
Lleuke:                   Mrs. Bullhorn
Vivet:                    Sheila[/spoiler]

(8) NEW QUESTION: "Known as the Plane of Betrayers and Murderers by Mysrai, what was the true name of the plane that was swallowed by the Plane of Ikara?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Moraevi"[/spoiler]

(9) NEW QUESTION: "Akin to what substance does Avechna, the Avenger's body appear?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Ebon stone", "Obsidian"[/spoiler]

(10) NEW QUESTION: "What is the full name of the leader of the Keepers of Dreams, who was the first of them to seek the help of adventurers in the Basin of Life?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Ladae Mistskimmer"[/spoiler]

(11) NEW QUESTION: "According to legend, what substance was used to construct the Spire of Glomborolum from which D'varsh arose?"
Point value: 4
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Polished black coral", "Black coral", "Coral"
Tekora:                   Diamond
Entrias:                  Pearl
Nyxx:                     Kryptonite!
Ixion:                    Ear wax, lots of it
Davos:                    Marble
Irillia:                  Pearl[/spoiler]

(12) NEW QUESTION: "To which two Soulless Gods was Vestera, the Dreamweaver especially vulnerable?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Kethuru and Zenos"[/spoiler]

(13) NEW QUESTION: "What instrument did Manteekan construct to siphon essence from the slumbering Hoaracle?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "The Eisenglass Needle", "Eisenglass Needle", "Eisenglass"[/spoiler]

(14) NEW QUESTION: "TWO ANSWER QUESTION: Which fae became essential for freeing the Nightmare from His Wyrd-bound, icy prison? As a gift for releasing Him, Manteekan transformed these fae into something 
else, what were they?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Squonks and squonkabonks"[/spoiler]

(15) NEW QUESTION: "Who fought the Void-mad form of Hiureth, Seeker of Tales alongside the Bloom of Serenity?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Isune and Darvellan"[/spoiler]

(16) NEW QUESTION: "By what title does the Soulless God Illith call Herself?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Empress of Emptiness"[/spoiler]

(17) NEW QUESTION: "Who was known as the "Soul of the Nation"?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Jilai Clarramore"[/spoiler]

(18) NEW QUESTION: "How many times has a Triumvirate of Elder Gods been called in recorded history?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "6", "Six"[/spoiler]

(19) NEW QUESTION: "How many Elder Gods were assigned to Orlachmar's formation, Orlachmar's Beast?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "250"[/spoiler]

(20) NEW QUESTION: "What creatures did Viravain turn bats into when She first remade Glomdoring in modern times?"
Point value: 6
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Bluebirds"[/spoiler]

(21) NEW QUESTION: "What Magnagoran 'guild' has made their base of command in the Feyranti Estate?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Cogs in the Smog"[/spoiler]

(22) NEW QUESTION: "According to history, what was the breakdown of the passing motion put forward by Minister Ke'kix Oolin to the Dwarven Kingdom of 25% of all of Angkrag's harvested gems?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "5 yeas, 1 nay and 3 abstentions"
Tekora:                   Denied
Nyxx:                     1 to 4
Davos:                    Mining rights
Portius:                  Not even Hallifaxians pay attention to that kind of paperwork.
Vivet:                    6 support, 1 oppose
Arcanis:                  Ah Gemstone[/spoiler]

(23) NEW QUESTION: "What is the first line of the Song of Opening that paved way to the Grotto of the Tidal Lords?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Allindale glormaru gle salli shosho lamu!"
Nyxx:                     Waves crashing over me
Azus:                     Splish splash splosh!
Davos:                    I seek to open the unknown
Portius:                  Incoherent humming because they forgot the lyrics
Lleuke:                   Behold, yonder Watery Grotto!
Ayisdra:                  CLash the waves to an open path
Vivet:                    Lulalulalo
Arcanis:                  Rhysus
Tredian:                  Greetings friends[/spoiler]

(24) NEW QUESTION: "From what tribes do Riva and Rebo come from according to the legends of the Cursed Child?"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Tribes of the Snow Waste", "Snow Waste", "Snow Wastes"[/spoiler]

(25) NEW QUESTION: "On what date did the Fates proclaim the omnious phrase, "You will find that which you seek," to the Cosmic Hope Committee? (Day, Month, and Year"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "8th of Methril in the 543rd Year of the Imperial Empire"[/spoiler]

(26) NEW QUESTION: "In her diary, Cimtri, the Oracle of the Earthburner, names four spirits among a host of many. Who are these four spirits"
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Ca Papa Yara, White Blossom, Bone Vine, Dirty Pia"[/spoiler]

(27) NEW QUESTION: "What are the ancient names of the three forests of the Basin of Life during the time of the Elder Wars?"
Poiunt value: 6
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Serynwodenhillirim, Glorianalefehlora, Ackeleheliorna"[/spoiler]

(28) NEW QUESTION: "What colour vest do the fae goats wear in Daeiv ma'Mornhai?"
Point value: 8
[spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Purple"[/spoiler]

The Oneiroi, Administrators of Fate say in unison, "In first place, we have Arcanis who will be rewarded 300 credits. In second place, we have Lleuke who will be rewarded 150 credits. And a tie for third place, we have Tekora and Portius, both of which will be rewarded 50 credits!"

Final scores:
Contestant                  Points
--------------              ------
#1   Arcanis                   34
#2   Lleuke                    23
#3   Tekora                    18
#4   Portius                   18
#5   Vivet                     14
#6   Azus                      13
#7   Entrias                   8
#8   Ixion                     4
#9   Nyxx                      3
#10  Irillia                   3
#11  Davos                     2
#12  Telperion                 1
#13  Ayisdra                   1
#14  Tau                       0
#15  Tredian                   0
#16  Rivius                    0
#17  Delsea                    0
#18  Daebach                   0
#19  Enadonella                0
#20  Bleuu                     0
#21  Mistral                   0

Edit: Ack! Apparently, spoiler tags and linebreaks just don't mix. Oh, well, enjoy the funny answers anyway, despite the messy formatting.
Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Goodness, I am WAY behind on my history reading.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Colored vest of fae goat.

Ivanko isnt even that cruel!
  • Thanks for posting, wish I could have stayed longer to read the funny answers!
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Looks like the difficulty dial was turned to 11 for that. :o

Down with "On what date..." questions! Imperial calendar is horrible! *pitchfork
  • Question 22 was real tricky, considering that there are two motions back to back at that point. The initial one for 50%, which went 3-4-2 and the one that passed, which went 5-1-3.

I would've still answered 6-1-2 though.

Also, since it doesn't show in the list of answers, were they cruel enough to demand the Glomborolum spire be made out of Black Coral, or was Coral a sufficiently accurate answer?

And do you still have all the answers, since a few of these quiz questions lack the answer.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Coal was good enough. IIRC everybody who got points for it answered with coral rather than black coral.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Kiradawea said:
    And do you still have all the answers, since a few of these quiz questions lack the answer.
    A few of them lack people's answers, I think all of the answers are in the first post, just behind spoiler tags.

I'm surprised no one got Irshaw Heights or Weeky being a badgerkin though.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Weeky is a badger? Wtf.
  • Ah. Yeah I found it now.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Luce said:
    Kiradawea said:
    A few of them lack people's answers, I think all of the answers are in the first post, just behind spoiler tags.

Loads of people got Irshaw. Most of the answers quotes are missing the people who got it right. I think right answers get cleared from the list when the answer is announced, so hard to quote.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:
    Luce said:
    Kiradawea said:

Loads of people got Irshaw. Most of the answers quotes are missing the people who got it right. I think right answers get cleared from the list when the answer is announced, so hard to quote.

I wrote it as Irkshaw. I did a Slay.
  • Luce said:
    Kiradawea said:

Yes, all the questions should have the correct answers in the spoiler tags, although the questions where I recorded the list of everyone's answers has messier, answer-obscuring formatting thanks to the unique (read: unhelpful) nature of spoiler tags where only the first line is hidden and the rest is plain for all the world to see.

Sorry for not recording everyone's answers for each question. I only checked ANSWERS intermittently throughout the quiz, and I logged the ones where I thought people gave especially weird or funny responses (e.g., Arcanis not responding at all to the question in which he was specifically named as an event participant). Lots of people did get Irshaw right, although I think only two or three people actually knew Weeky was a badger furrikin. (To my shame, I answered raccoon, and I even do the scholar-empowering quest all the time!)
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • Irillia said:
    Luce said:
    Kiradawea said:

Yes, all the questions should have the correct answers in the spoiler tags, although the questions where I recorded the list of everyone's answers has messier, answer-obscuring formatting thanks to the unique (read: unhelpful) nature of spoiler tags where only the first line is hidden and the rest is plain for all the world to see.

Sorry for not recording everyone's answers for each question. I only checked ANSWERS intermittently throughout the quiz, and I logged the ones where I thought people gave especially weird or funny responses (e.g., Arcanis not responding at all to the question in which he was specifically named as an event participant). Lots of people did get Irshaw right, although I think only two or three people actually knew Weeky was a badger furrikin. (To my shame, I answered raccoon, and I even do the scholar-empowering quest all the time!)

Rasebal never called or messaged ever again. I moved on is all D:.