Chimaera Mafia

edited October 2015 in Mafia Hideout
There's not enough vengeance games out and about. And I really enjoy them, especially the forum variety with plenty of time to think and analyze. I want more of them. Always more. So... let's play. Assuming there's enough interest at least. Joining is simple. Just post and say the name of the character you want. Or don't and get assigned a random character.

Let's try to get at least 8 players, okay?

Random distribution:
Ssaliss, Synkarin, Saran, Allyrianne, Shaddus, Tremula, Riluna, Luce

Role list:

Alexander:

Daniel:

Deneb: Enyalida

Elena:

Elizabeth:

Jeanne:

Jinx: Tarkenton

Lucius: Celina

Luke: Ayisdra

Marie:

Nick:

Pollux: Siam

Ricardo:

Shu: Xeria

Tora:

Yuuka

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comments

• I'm so in I was in several years ago.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'll play! Lucius
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ooh,ooh, Jinx. I hate that girl, so it's perfect.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'll give it a shot -  I'd pick someone, but I don't want anyone to know who I am, so random it is

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Me either! I just like Lucius because it's sounds similar to Lucifer and well...obviously.
  • shu.

where are all these names from?
    is dead like the dodo
    Everyone remember, lynch Celina first round. For the good of the game.
    You joke but that's definitely happened. 
  • To be fair, you *were* a jester. Incidentally and completely unrelated to that, there will be no Jesters in this game. Scouts honour.

And the names are from all across the world. And also from when I considered making the game an open setup where all powers were known beforehand. I decided against it, because powerclaims are part of the fun of the game.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Let's go with Luke.
    @Celina I know, you told me. I figured why depart from tradition.
    There was also a game where I was locked in a basement for like 3 weeks and couldn't post. That was fun too
  • Oooh. I remember that game. The intro post pretty much stated that my role was scum, AND made it possible to easily figure out what everyone's role name was.

And scum still won.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm in. Throw me at Deneb or Pollux.
  • I'll play, happy with whoever
  • Okay. We've got the minimum amount of players but I'll leave the game open for signup a little while longer to see if there's more interest before I begin handing out roles.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'll take a role, hook a Shaddus up.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'll take a role, but random!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I wanna play Pollux!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I'll try, if you're not demanding people know what they're doing.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I have no idea what this one is based on, but I'm down for mafia.  (Nyeh, see?)
  • edited October 2015
    By my count, that leaves us at 14 out of 16 slots. I'm gonna sleep now and tomorrow I'll hand out role sheets.

And I make no demands, except that you try to be active. Game needs active participants.
  • Random is the only way to play. I'm in.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.