Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Poor @Celina. She's not the Regina George we need, but the Janis Ian we deserve.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Unrelated to the above topic.

Whatever.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    If you have a problem IC with my Org or need something of me and address me through tells, please, do not spam me. Give me the time I need to respond properly instead of having to respond to '6 tells back'. I'm not a native speaker and my brain likely processes English not as fast as yours and well formulated replies take me a bit. :-/
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited October 2015
    >rub circlet
     A festive black and red shade hat with dangling skulls is preventing you from using a circlet of the Shee-Slaugh house.

Hmm.

>doff
    You doff a circlet of the Shee-Slaugh house cordially.

So... I can lift it off my head in greeting... while it's under my hat... but I can't rub it while it's under the same hat?

How do clothes -work-?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • I'll admit it. Starting to get a little embarassed with the current incarnation of the Magnagora/Celest war.

I didn't sign up for this!
  • Since there is no time set for when the Greathunt will start, am I correct in assuming it will start roughly right on the day change into 17th?
  • Stratas said:
    >rub circlet
     A festive black and red shade hat with dangling skulls is preventing you from using a circlet of the Shee-Slaugh house.

Hmm.

>doff
    You doff a circlet of the Shee-Slaugh house cordially.

So... I can lift it off my head in greeting... while it's under my hat... but I can't rub it while it's under the same hat?

How do clothes -work-?
    Not at all.  ;;)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • You should ask yourself, why do we wear clothes and consider it decent. The Divine wore clothes; why? Since they can't have sex, no need to cover up. I'm not sure if they even have the... bits so why wear a dress?

Starting to think nudists are on to something.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Uh, pretty simple: we (IRL and IG) wear clothes because they protect us from our environment.  The decency business came (not much) later. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Or Shikari's.
  • edited October 2015
    Celina said:
    Anyone who believes the gods don't do the divine dirty dirty clearly have never been in Viravain's Order.
    Vira has threatened to castrate me before :(   She better not be! I wants to get married!
    Hey, she threatened to make Xenthos female (before the artifacts existed to do that) and stuff her in a frilly pink dress. She really loved that threat.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Donato said:
    You should ask yourself, why do we wear clothes and consider it decent. The Divine wore clothes; why? Since they can't have sex, no need to cover up. I'm not sure if they even have the... bits so why wear a dress?

Starting to think nudists are on to something.

Where's this from?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

They cannot have children. If you believe that the only point to sex is to procreate, then I suppose you could make that assumption.

Seems a bit silly to me, though.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Point being why would they have the organs if they don't need them to procreate, though, I suppose.

They were able to fall in love, so maybe they had some other act of intimacy they would share with each other? Sharing of power, etc?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• What do these do?

"top225380"                             a flashing, mechanical top
    "pin137505"                             a cream-banded pin
    "pin225889"                             a russet-banded pin
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Top slowly digs up things.

The pins allow for racial emotes, each color signifying the race it pertains to. Those allow the trill and tae'dae emotes respectivel.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Xenthos said:
    They cannot have children. If you believe that the only point to sex is to procreate, then I suppose you could make that assumption. Seems a bit silly to me, though.
    They cannot have children, but they can create them if they are in that Circle. They could also collaborate to create and awaken them together. I believe that there are things like 'wanting to relate to mortality, by wearing clothes,' would work too.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    As for the divine having sex, I'm pretty sure Eventru and Lyreth went at it like rabid weasels.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    As for the divine having sex, I'm pretty sure Eventru and Lyreth went at it like rabid weasels.
    I'm still waiting for a lot of lemons regarding every God. I'm looking at you @Tremula @Portius @Siam.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    They can't actually create new Divine either (since the end of the Song of Creation, that ended). I am not sure if they were able to have / create children of their own while the Song was still going, however. I am not sure if that has ever really been delved into; it has, in some places at least, been implied that it was at least plausible due to references to the Great Silence ending any possibility of such.

The only reason mortals could become Gods was that we already contain a shard of a Divine. It is not creating a new one so much as restoring the latent potential inherent within. A mosquito could never become a God for the same reason as the Divine cannot make new Divine.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited October 2015
    There's more to bumping uglies than just making babies. Just ask the gays. 
    Salome said:
    Shaddus said:
    I'm still waiting for a lot of lemons regarding every God. I'm looking at you @Tremula @Portius @Siam.
    Time to bring out the little black book! 
    Xenthos said:
    They can't actually create new Divine either (since the end of the Song of Creation, that ended). I am not sure if they were able to have / create children of their own while the Song was still going, however. I am not sure if that has ever really been delved into; it has, in some places at least, been implied that it was at least plausible due to references to the Great Silence ending any possibility of such. The only reason mortals could become Gods was that we already contain a shard of a Divine. It is not creating a new one so much as restoring the latent potential inherent within. A mosquito could never become a God for the same reason as the Divine cannot make new Divine.
    I believe it's been confirmed(or at least very heavily implied) in the histories that procreation(which involves the creation of a new being with a soul) has always remained beyond the elders. Here's an excerpt from the book of Trillillial:

But no matter what they created, no matter how much they labored, there was no soul within the bodies of their creations.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Question: ICly, do Divine also have Others looking through their eyes? Is that an inherent part of having a soul, the possibility of sharing your body with Others?

Hmm.

The only way for the Lusternians to become connected with the Others is for them to enter the Portal of Fates and return. Those who come out of the Portal essentially have two souls - their own and by virtue of being connected with the Lusternians, the Other's own soul, too.

Xenthos said:
    A large rat scurries by as Azureus speaks to the empty room, dragging the loaf of bread with it down the stairs.

@Xenthos, you butt.

#bringShikariback 

• Salome said:
    Xenthos said:
    They cannot have children. If you believe that the only point to sex is to procreate, then I suppose you could make that assumption. Seems a bit silly to me, though.
    They cannot have children, but they can create them if they are in that Circle. They could also collaborate to create and awaken them together. I believe that there are things like 'wanting to relate to mortality, by wearing clothes,' would work too.

I think it is wise to emphasize that simply because an Elder is of the Sixth or Seventh Circle does not mean that they alone create/awaken new beings (which is gently referenced in your statement about collaboration). All Elders have the capacity to do everything - across the board. I think @Zvoltz explained it best: the Circles are more like hobbies rather than essential capacities.

I wish there was a Circle for Elders who liked loaves of bread.

#bringShikariback 

This discussion has been closed.