General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Celina said:

I work for a major financial institution and when I was new, they let me pick the team outing. I chose a Ke$ha concert, and I supplied the greater. Not just the normal glitter but the ultra fine glitter that looks like dust. Everyone in my office sparkled for a week. People on other floors gave us really judgemental stares.

#success
    FRICKIN.  AWSOME.
    </RANT>
  • butt-hurt:  I'd like a little less from the other people in my life.
    </RANT>
  • WTF do I need to explain the following to a vender at 1850 on a Friday?

select distinct CNO, MAIL_GROUP, Max( LIC_CNO ) as 'LIC_CNO' from dbo.Company group by CNO, MAIL_GROUP
    </RANT>
  • Delphas said:

WTF do I need to explain the following to a vender at 1850 on a Friday?

select distinct CNO, MAIL_GROUP, Max( LIC_CNO ) as 'LIC_CNO' from dbo.Company group by CNO, MAIL_GROUP

And WTF are they using C_Case in this modern age of PascalCase? That's it! I'm buying another weapon.
    </RANT>
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Delphas said:

Delphas said:

WTF do I need to explain the following to a vender at 1850 on a Friday?

And WTF are they using C_Case in this modern age of PascalCase? That's it! I'm buying another weapon.
    I tend to stick with camelCase myself. It looks a little nicer to me, and reminds me that I'm coding, not writing prose. Or BASIC.
  • Stuck away from home and I can't leave and I haven't had lunch yet. Getting so hangry.
  • Celina said:

I work for a major financial institution and when I was new, they let me pick the team outing. I chose a Ke$ha concert, and I supplied the greater. Not just the normal glitter but the ultra fine glitter that looks like dust. Everyone in my office sparkled for a week. People on other floors gave us really judgemental stares.

#success
    I want to like this, but the Ke$sha part ruins it for me.

About the cheating mentioned earlier, I had a former college roommate who was removed from his student government position(and possibly expelled, i don't know because this happened after I graduated and moved out) for blatant plagiarism....a few weeks later he bitched on FB about having to hear crap from the cheating Patriots........
    Stangmar - Retired

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited April 2015
    Woke up with my sinuses blocked and a raging headache. Not allowed to take any cold and flu or decongestant medicine in the house due to conflicting medicine I have to take. Chemist had a line up of a zillion people and one person serving, so I left with nothing. Temptation to drill into my face to release the pressure rising.......

(May not be around much for a day or two due to dying of face ache.)

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    http://www.hydromedonline.com/hp.html

Works wonders.  Dunno how getting hold of it in Roo'land would work though.
    I have just been told my grandfather has 24 hours to live. His wife passed away just October last year, he is my last living grandparent...can't deal.

• @Lavinya Sorry to hear, been there not long ago. Take some time off to recharge, it helps. <3

• edited April 2015
    Chemist. I laugh every time.

Edit: Damn it, that's before I saw the next post. Sorry. :(
    He didn't even make it the 24 hours. My Pop passed away not long ago, I will be absent basically all week.

• My headphones are starting to die. They're doing that thing where it only plays out one ear unless you hold the cord at a specific (very annoying) angle.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I got my quarterly bonus today. I'm not sure how they decide it, but it has to do with how much you work, hitting a quota and whatnot.

I've been working 13 on, 1 off for a long time, usually 58-66 hours a week. My quarterly bonus before taxes was 40$, 24$ after taxes.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Shaddus: I think that means you should work less and enjoy more spare time. :)

At least that was my interpretation after I asked my former chef for a pay raise - after 2 years of working there - and he fully agreed and as such the company approved a 30 euro raise before tax (15 euro after tax). I lol'd a lot, updated my CV and had a new, better paid job a few months later. ;)
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    They do say the best way to get a raise is to find a new job

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Synkarin said:

If my job didn't already pay me almost twice the local average, I'd go for that :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Synkarin said:

God, ain't that the truth. I made the mistake of inquiring with some friends of mine in the industry about how much other banks pay for my identical role and it made my heart hurt.
  • edited April 2015
    My kinect has decided that it doesn't listen to me unless I yell at it in an almost demonic voice. And for some reason it registered me saying Slaay (Fekken @Arcanis D:<), but not firetrucking play.

LET ME WATCH MADMEN XBOX.

• Doing my taxes as a buisness owner for the first time... Four hours later I was ready to sacrifice a future firstborn just to make the pain stop. Oh, and working 7:30am to 9:30pm tomorrow and already looking at just 5 hours of sleep.

Hey, Friday-Sunday off though! But wait, gotta work remotely anyhow. Rest is for the weak. 
  • Been taking a few online classes to get enough credit hours for the CPA exam(i already have my Bachelors, but fell short of the 150 hour requirement).  I just turned in the last paper I'll ever write in academia.

Stangmar - Retired

• Still lurking around. Back pain taking a lot of my motivation to do anything in Lusternia or the real world today. Sigh.

"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Drocilla said:

Doing my taxes as a buisness owner for the first time... Four hours later I was ready to sacrifice a future firstborn just to make the pain stop.

Yes, once you're into practice then your quarterly filings take just 15 minutes... until then? I feel your pain.
    Drocilla said:

Hey, Friday-Sunday off though! But wait, gotta work remotely anyhow. Rest is for the weak. 

Rest is not for the wicked... not even the extremely wicked.  Didn't your mother ever tell you ``evil never sleeps'' ?
    </RANT>
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Went to feed the cats earlier and realised I hadn't eaten in over 24 hours. Went "Yikes!" and started to make some noodles so Pectus won't murder me. Put water on to boil, sat down, logged on, and deffed up. Did my 'go throne' hotspot so I could go get my charisma bonus, and food-depraved me didn't realise it took me through the Cavern of Doom (letting me die at the guards at the Megalith). Can't even get in there to delete my special exits.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited April 2015
    Tremula said:

Went to feed the cats earlier and realised I hadn't eaten in over 24 hours. Went "Yikes!" and started to make some noodles so Pectus won't murder me. Put water on to boil, sat down, logged on, and deffed up. Did my 'go throne' hotspot so I could go get my charisma bonus, and food-depraved me didn't realise it took me through the Cavern of Doom (letting me die at the guards at the Megalith). Can't even get in there to delete my special exits.

@Tremula

• One of my favorite employees at work accepted another job and is leaving when he graduates in a month, and he's being replaced by someone who I have nothing in common with. We're also hiring another employee, who I also have nothing in common with Dx