General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Apparently I have social anxiety. I didn't know it until I looked up a symptom I have where sometimes I get really mad or upset and my face does this thing where it falls asleep and twitches uncontrollably for a while.

Weird.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Talan there should be a support group for people with crappy roommates, and in that support group, people should find better roommates and kick the crappy ones to the curb. I'm so sorry.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Speaking of, we're trying to find one in our area, but Stormy's OCD and we both have all kinds of social anxiety, and furries aren't known for their responsibility levels...
  • I'm the clumsiest person ever.

Earlier, I managed to spill soy milk all over myself and a power socket which caused a power outage on one side of the whole floor I am working on. And after the technician came and put the fuse back in, I caused a second outage because I was so jittery that I forgot that the socket had not been entirely dry yet. As the only girl in an IT-environment, all the guys now think that I'm stupid.

Also, my trousers are totally wet and stink of soy milk <.< At least, the nearby Lidl had cheap trousers on sale...
  • Thyelleia said:
    I'm the clumsiest person ever.

Earlier, I managed to spill soy milk all over myself and a power socket which caused a power outage on one side of the whole floor I am working on. And after the technician came and put the fuse back in, I caused a second outage because I was so jittery that I forgot that the socket had not been entirely dry yet. As the only girl in an IT-environment, all the guys now think that I'm stupid.
    For cases like this, just laugh it off and go with it. People make silly mistakes. Being able to laugh at your mistakes shows maturity which is 50% of the way to earning respect.

Besides, now you know to keep your soy milk away from power outlets, so this mistake shouldn't happen again. :p

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I swear, I woke up and got out of bed today, all evidence to the contrary.
  • My brother's girlfriend recently ended their relationship of four years. They're still very young but my brother is taking it very badly, so much so that in the weekend his friends had to call the police because they were so worried about him after he ran off. Fortunately he was found to be safe, but he hasn't been himself since. Mum and dad are both very worried but he won't let us help him. There has been a lot of crying in my family this week and I wish there was more I could do.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    My questions three:
    How long is 'recent'?
    Has he expressed any violent or nihilistic ideation, or just general melancholy and 'closed in'?
    How open and outgoing is he normally?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm so sorry, Falmiis. It's difficult to watch family members go through dark times and know there's very little you can do to help them through it. I'm sure your brother appreciates knowing that you care, and that you're there if he needs to talk to someone. That alone is worth a great deal. I promise. <3
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ah, to be crushed by young love. Those were the days...

I went through a similar situation in college when my girlfriend at the time left me. Left me in a pretty bad place that took a while to get out of.

Best cure for such a funk is time, and something else to focus on. Friends started inviting me to work out with them, and after a while I felt up to going. In that case, exerting some physical effort on something helped relieve built up tension, and leaving physically exhausted helped to distract from the mental exhaustion!

I'm sure your brother will pull through in time. It helps knowing that both you and the rest of your family are there for him. :)

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited September 2016
    Thayan said:
    I wish people would stop plagiarising designs across different IRE games. And no, just because it's in the public queue in Lusternia doesn't mean it's fine to reproduce the thing verbatim in Aetolia and sell it as your own. Uncool. 
    Wow, I never would have imagined that someone might do this. I guess I give people too much credit. :(

(Maybe I should have learned how shameless people can be about plagiarism after someone copied Phoebus' desc, word for word, and tried to act like they didn't know what I was talking about, lol. They weren't even playing a trill...)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sometimes it's hard to call people out on it, too, because you never know if they're just alts of someone lazy. (Which is not to say that I don't do that. I have/had a gloomy who copied one of my two descriptions from a retired character verbatim. As in I used the same profile with the same settings and just hit the description alias. No one noticed.)
  • Thayan said:
    I wish people would stop plagiarising designs across different IRE games. And no, just because it's in the public queue in Lusternia doesn't mean it's fine to reproduce the thing verbatim in Aetolia and sell it as your own. Uncool. 
    Could be vice versa. I know some of my designs in Aetolia were plagarized in other IREs. Also I think some of the public Lusty designs are mine from when I last played (and I just reused some of my Aetolian designs). 
  • Uterine biopsy this morning. Everything hurts.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    If it makes you feel better, I ended up with about 90 credits and 30db. And most of that was trading in a doll and some cheap artifacts.
  • My neck is so stiff from sleeping poorly it woke me up :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I had the mooother of all migraines today, and somehow that told my body to sleep from 7AM to 7PM, then again from 12AM to 5AM.  

• My Python IDE is buggy and laggy as hell and I have no clue why. Sometimes, it works just fine but on other occasions (like now) it takes me about 5 minutes to write one line of code. Maybe, it's because Lady Macbeth, my 5 year old MacBook Pro, is nearing her personal sleepwalking scene since she tends to lag in other programs as well....but I hope that that's not the case <.<
  • Man. It's been so long and I still can't make the damn date command work. I tried to get 6PM today and it told me the 4th of Dvarsh! That's four hours earlier than what I needed.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I forgot I was scheduled to be on vacation this week.
  • "We are introducing the option to work from home on the weekends!"

"Cool! Awesome! Great! We've finally caught up with the industry!"

"You'll need an ethernet cable, we won't allow wifi."

"....what? Okay so it's 2002. That's fine."

"You also have to have a dedicated work space, such as an office."

"Uh, you don't pay most of us to have extra bedrooms in DC. Is this even legal?"

"You will also need to have Skype video on at all times."

"Okay so this is getting weird. I'll just come into the office."
  • "We are introducing the option to work from home on the weekends!"

"Uh, you don't pay most of us to have extra bedrooms in DC. Is this even legal?"

Is the skype video one even legal...?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Pectus said:
    "We are introducing the option to work from home on the weekends!"

Is the skype video one even legal...?
    During work hours, completely. Dedicated workspace is a bit trickier, but if you aren't married, you should be able to negotiate your bedroom as long as it has a lock.
  • My co worker asked if his dining room table would work since he lives alone. They said no. 
  • edited September 2016
    Considering how prohibitively expensive unlimited internet is here in kiwi-land, requiring people to have skype video running at all times while they are working from home would not work here unless the company compensated for the bandwidth required.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    ...NZ charges people for internet like phone data plans? 

Home internet in the US is usually charged by DL speed. There's no cap to internet usuage other than the speed. I get 50/50MBps for instance, but I can run video all day and night and not pay a penny more.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.