General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I really love doing my job, like it's a fun thing to do, but I totally hate coming home and all my creativity being burned away, leaving me empty and unable to do anything sensible some days. Today is one of these days.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited January 2017
    Whoops. Wrong thread
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    All of the classes I'd like to take are scheduled in the same timeslot. 12:45-2:10, what makes you so special? :( WTB Aeonics in real life. Or a time-turner or something. 
  • edited January 2017
    Mosquito bites suck.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    The stress of everything I'm planning to do in the next six months finally hit me when I got ambushed with an unexpected new stressor. So I had a private middle of the night meltdown. It's a bit like trying not to stare directly at the sun; if I look too hard at everything I have to do, I'll just go blind with anxiety. I'm okay now but I hope this doesn't become a recurring thing.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    The stress of everything I'm planning to do in the next six months finally hit me when I got ambushed with an unexpected new stressor. So I had a private middle of the night meltdown. It's a bit like trying not to stare directly at the sun; if I look too hard at everything I have to do, I'll just go blind with anxiety. I'm okay now but I hope this doesn't become a recurring thing.
    You know I am here if you ever need someone to vent to. :heart:
  • Sylandra said:
    Positive feelings/best wishes/good sentiments to you.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Sat in work with throbbing toothache and a cold. 6.5hours left to go. 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • Broke my nose, smashed my glasses, and got a concussion. Had to stay overnight at the hospital. Sucks
  • edited January 2017
    Oueli said:
    Broke my nose, smashed my glasses, and got a concussion. Had to stay overnight at the hospital. Sucks
    And I thought I was having it bad with being elbowed (quite hard) in the face when my boyfriend was restless while sleeping last night. Took up the whole bed and did that, my nose/lip are sore :(

And hope you're not in too much pain!
  • Gentle hugs to everyone hurt. Don't hurt :(
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Had an infection since New Year's Eve, managed to finally see a doctor Tuesday and get some antibiotics.

Managed to land 3/4 of the worst possible side effects of these antibiotics, feeling worse than I was before :\

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited January 2017
    There was a gunman at Fort Lauderdale airport. At least eight people were injured, and as of this moment five killed. So many people I know use that airport. I've used it plenty of times. The shooter has apparently been apprehended and to my knowledge no one I know was hurt, but still, that is terrifying. :/
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited January 2017
    That moment when a client takes advantage of your generosity over and over, which proceeds to get you in trouble with your higher-ups for offering said generosity in the first place. Clearly I need to be more of a b%#&$ at work. Ugh.  :/

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Channel your inner Glom.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

edited January 2017
    Rancoura said:
    That moment when a client takes advantage of your generosity over and over, which proceeds to get you in trouble with your higher-ups for offering said generosity in the first place. Clearly I need to be more of a b%#&$ at work. Ugh.  :/
    This may not translate to your job, but when students push me for favors (like accepting late homework), I focus on the concept of fairness: "If I do this one nice thing for you, it's unfair that I don't do it for everyone. Since I can't do it for everyone, I therefore can't make an exception for you. I'm sorry but that's that." It's a way of reminding someone too that you have other priorities besides them, which people forget. Good luck, and here's hoping things go better for you!
    Daraius said:
    edited January 2017
    It was indeed favours I was doing for aforementioned client. But then the requests kept growing in number and complexity, and taking up more of my time, which started affecting my other work -- it's definitely my fault that my higher-up got cross when he found out what I'd been doing, but still ugh. Was just trying to be nice. People really do take a mile sometimes. Thanks for the empathy, guys :)

Before an earthly flight

• Focus body @oueli. Also rooting for you to get better. 

• Sylandra said:
    This may not translate to your job, but when students push me for favors (like accepting late homework), I focus on the concept of fairness: "If I do this one nice thing for you, it's unfair that I don't do it for everyone. Since I can't do it for everyone, I therefore can't make an exception for you. I'm sorry but that's that." It's a way of reminding someone too that you have other priorities besides them, which people forget. Good luck, and here's hoping things go better for you!
    I had a couple of professors who solved this by allotting everybody 1 'pass' to hand in a paper/lab up to a week late, for any reason.

@Rancoura Chalk it up to a learning experience. I'm sure a lot of people can identify with trying to above and beyond in a work context, and getting severely burned for the effort. At least you have gained some insight into what sorts of situations/people to avoid, and why. :neutral:
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    edited January 2017
    I got my new computer put together, and it's running. That is yay. But everything else so far has been not-yay. Nothing can be simple and work perfectly, can it. Urgh. I guess I'll go to sleep and hope it's magically acting less annoying when I wake up.

Time to toss all the boxes I sat on my bed during the process into a crazy floor heap and deal with actually cleaning up later. :neutral: (edit: ok, I made it a tidy floor heap. I couldn't handle the act of creating a crazy heap, it made me uncomfortable.)
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I got the crappy car stuck in a snow drift at the end of our driveway on the way to the office. Again. This happens every winter, because I'm an idiot and don't pay attention. And I hate going out and shoveling.

And for some reason, the puppy is looking out the window and barking at the parked car. I have no idea why...

Guess what I'm doing after I finish eating lunch? :(

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Everiine said:
    I got the crappy car stuck in a snow drift at the end of our driveway on the way to the office. Again. This happens every winter, because I'm an idiot and don't pay attention. And I hate going out and shoveling.

And for some reason, the puppy is looking out the window and barking at the parked car. I have no idea why...

Guess what I'm doing after I finish eating lunch? :(

Nora doesn't like seeing her bestie in distress, obvs. What a protective gal.

Before an earthly flight

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     I'm technical support for an insurance company. I'm also still a few months new, so I only handle navigation to the correct website, dental offices, and account access. We're affectionately dubbed the Password Reset team, or tier one.

I love my job for the most part, but it seems like every time I have to transfer to Tier Two (for help with systems i don't have or advanced, technical navigation) the customer wants to berate me for 'Not being able to find a simple fucking form, how hard is it?' 

I'm split, because I know if it was simple he wouldn't be calling in, but having been told almost verbatim i should jump into moving traffic picks at old wounds. Why would you ever say such an awful thing to someone YOU called to help you?

I can't wait for my health insurance to kick in so I can start getting mental help, only three and a half months left. :/
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
     I'm technical support for an insurance company. I'm also still a few months new, so I only handle navigation to the correct website, dental offices, and account access. We're affectionately dubbed the Password Reset team, or tier one.

I love my job for the most part, but it seems like every time I have to transfer to Tier Two (for help with systems i don't have or advanced, technical navigation) the customer wants to berate me for 'Not being able to find a simple fucking form, how hard is it?' 

I'm split, because I know if it was simple he wouldn't be calling in, but having been told almost verbatim i should jump into moving traffic picks at old wounds. Why would you ever say such an awful thing to someone YOU called to help you?

I can't wait for my health insurance to kick in so I can start getting mental help, only three and a half months left. :/
    Big hug, support and service positions suck.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Past Friday ... snow storm... Wednesday 71 degrees... coming Friday ice storm.... why can't you be nice to me Oklahoma 
  • I've had enough of people today due to the upcoming return to university and people in my course just not understanding they have to register for the new modules we're taking in Sem2, otherwise there's a €200 fine and we get locked out of using the site that has all the lecture notes etc. on. And my attitude is coming across how I'm playing Anita. So I'm sorry to anyone who interacts with her today. She's being a bitch because I'm being a bitch and hate stupid people today.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tremula said:

Honestly? Just remember that a lot of the time the customer is calling in because they're having a bad day, and something they need to get done isn't working right. It's a really frustrating situation to be in and a having to wait on hold again is also really frustrating, especially if you've already been on hold several times for the same issue. Your customers are calling in because something went wrong, and there's nothing they can do about it, and they know it.

Some people have the poise and grace to admit that being calm is the fastest way for that to get corrected, and that being polite will earn both respect and better service, but not everyone will. And most people are just going to look for someone to take out their frustrations on. They want to yell at someone and blame their own problems on the third party because they feel personally powerless, and blame is all they can do.

I disarm a lot of my angry patients by agreeing with them, or by taking personal responsibility for the situation and letting them vent, or by explaining exactly what the next steps are and giving them something to do.
  • edited January 2017

• maybe just SHOUT  about it when people won't stop touching you?
    and then issue yourself(so they don't know it was you) to complain about it.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: