General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Daraius said:
    I told my sister yesterday it had been a year since my last anxiety attack. Today she told me she's pregnant and destroyed my hot streak. Am I a terrible person for not being able to fake any semblance of enthusiasm for the news?  :/
    Pregnancy, while it (usually) ends in a pretty awesome thing, can be fraught with any number of complications, both minor and major. It is not unreasonable to be concerned for someone you love going through it. 

Edit: On the same note, try not to overdo the babying. It doesn't really help usually.
  • I dislike group projects, especially when I know that the people I have been grouped with are still unsure/not serious about doing our degree, or otherwise lazy (like not turn up to labs, or lectures. Not handing in assignments on time and not caring how they look etc.)
    I'm just going to take a deep breath and take a step back and try to not get stressed out, and I'm also not going to be doing all the work. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG GROUP ;-;
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Also, some people are just not into babies. My husband's OCD gets triggered for anyone under the age of 5 or 6. Just way, WAY too messy for him.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @Daraius you can be unexcited -yourself- about the baby, but can still be super happy that something is happening that your sister is happy about? Like, 'go you, so excited you're getting this thing you want! I'll totally bake you a baby cake some time that will more than likely include a puppy'.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    This is really ridiculous but I am insanely anxious about whether or not something I ordered online will fit me, because the shipping policy is that you can only return it if it's unworn. But it's adorable. But what if the brand runs big?! But what if it's perfect. But what if it's a waste of money?! But what if it's better than all the stuff you've tried to find in stores and just can't.

Omg you guys why is this so stressful, ahaha.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • How would they know if you've worn it? 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ellowyn said:
    How would they know if you've worn it? 
    Gotta be in the packaging.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Putting myself out on the job market is so nerve wracking, but I at least have some great support and networking behind me this time. But man, talking to people is rough. I'll find out in a couple of weeks if I'm moving jobs.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• So. Work is getting real crazy for me right now. Not crazy busy, not crazy stressful, just... crazy.

The warehouse I work at are about to split off a portion of what they hold to another warehouse (lack of space, mostly). They also figured "Hey, so this is an excellent time to test out a new warehouse managing system, since the one we're using at most of our warehouses right now is 20 years old and has no current development". All good points, and I completely support them in that.

The main issue is, however, how exceedingly stressed everything seems. We only started learning the new systems in December, and they had intended to start moving all the stuff the first of February. The rackings (i.e. the place everything gets stored for those not in the warehouse business) only started getting built this last tuesday (so one day before we were supposed to go live). They also ordered the wrong kind of racking, so all of the labels that were supposed to go on it wouldn't fit. So new labels had to be purchased. We were supposed to start it all up last wednesday (i.e. the first of February), and we still haven't done so. Yesterday they told me we'd start it up this coming monday, today I was told (by someone who isn't even part of the project) that it'll actually be delayed yet another week.

To top it all off, I was told on wednesday (i.e. the day we were supposed to start it all up) that "Oh, by the way, we thought we'd have you in charge of the tagging department". Which I have absolutely zero experience with. Which includes handling employees directly, which I've stated that I don't want to do, because I find it to be stressful. Oh, by the way, we don't really have any dedicated space in the new warehouse for it yet. Yep. Planning.

Oh, and the new computer system? We can select the password field from the user database... just saying. Sure, it's encrypted (I'm guessing SHA256 or similar; we haven't even used the system enough for me to have a closer look at it yet), but what the actual heck?

Oh, yeah, and two of the people in charge of the move just quit their job. And I have to admit, I'm real tempted to follow them, the way this is handled...
  • Oh yeah, and that tagging department... Previously, we outsourced our tagging to another company, and we only this month took full control over it again at the main warehouse. Which means every. single. competent. tagger. is. taken.
  • Sounds like the perfect time to ask for a raise
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Oh, that point will definitely come. The last time I asked for one though, I essentially got an "Eh, nope". So we'll see.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Management in general seems to have massive issues with admitting the faults they make and doing whatever possible to hide it/redirect it onto others (because hey, they don't want to be replaced). Maybe they are more reasonable/responsible elsewhere, but it seems to be a general issue with people just being people.

This reminds me a little of how things are going at my place of work. We had a new building put up recently that cost -millions-, and during development/construction myself and some of my co-workers pointed out various issues that would affect efficiency and look like they'd cause work flow problems. "We'll look into it." - Doesn't happen, building gets finished and the obvious problems crop up, and management is somehow surprised.

We have a room with an open vaulted two story ceiling, with three sets of glass double-doors (two of which go directly outside), and walls that are 75% window. Management is somehow shocked that the ambient temperature in this room can't remain in line with hallway temps and insist on having it closed until they can correct the measure. This room has basically been closed since the start of winter.

There are teetering piles of sharps and other supplies in the new utility rooms because we don't have adequate shelving. We point this out day one in the new building and can't get it addressed for months, even though we have no problem with throwing away thousands of dollars on slapping paintings and wall features on every available surface that guests/residents see. It takes a tour from the folks at corporate to get this corrected - within 24 hours of them casually inquiring about the state of the utility rooms, it is finally done.

Oh, and while this new building was going up, they also decided it was a great idea to outsource the punch system at the same time (which is still plagued with bugs after half a year).

... hang in there, Ssaliss.

• Had a really crap night at work. I've been struggling with dehydration and anemia on top of some other more serious things in this pregnancy (both of which are somewhat more serious than you might expect when pregnant), and am currently 28 weeks. Since Monday, little girl has had her head down in a rather awkward position. Bit early, but no big deal. Well, last night I realised you could clearly feel the top of my uterus along my stomach (usually you have to kind of dig back a bit to feel it on me) and that made me notice that little girl was pressing down pretty hard. Not quite in the "Oh gods I need to get to the hospital" location but it was getting hard to tell. My back was aching, I was having abdominal cramps and could not get comfortable at all. All of these -can- be signs of premature labour. So I did the responsible thing - drank a lot of water to rehydrate, took some acetaminophen (paracetamol) for the backache and tried not to do anything more than I had to until work was over, and have been lying down since I got home. The symptoms have died down, so I'm writing them off to the 'pregnancy sucks' category. 

I keep telling this little girl that she's grounded for at least another nine weeks, but I get the distinct feeling she's not listening to me. 
  • If it makes you feel better, one of the people I work with in the warehouse had a very premature birth recently(I think it was something on the scale of ten or eleven weeks before her due date), and both her and the child are fine now. Sure, it's definitely not on any kind of "good thing to do" list, but it is, at the least, managable. But yeah, the more time the better, so definitely take it easy.
  • Ssaliss said:
    If it makes you feel better, one of the people I work with in the warehouse had a very premature birth recently(I think it was something on the scale of ten or eleven weeks before her due date), and both her and the child are fine now. Sure, it's definitely not on any kind of "good thing to do" list, but it is, at the least, managable. But yeah, the more time the better, so definitely take it easy.
    Yeah, she'd be 11 1/2 weeks early right now, worst case scenario. Survival rate at this time is 90-95% for a few more weeks, though with significantly more chances for later developmental problems than if she stays in till at least 31 weeks or longer. 

BABIES. They're so much effort.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Found out two friends were lying through their teeth to me on something they could and should have been honest about. I don't mind not telling someone stuff if you aren't asked, but when it's a straight up question and deception I wonder my choice in friends.

Nor do I have anyone to vent this to.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    For whatever reason I trusted my gut and got two ethernet connectors last night. It turns out to have been a great fucking idea, because the first didn't even make it through the night. There's got to be some way to cat-proof these things that doesn't involve me never letting them into my room again.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    For whatever reason I trusted my gut and got two ethernet connectors last night. It turns out to have been a great fucking idea, because the first didn't even make it through the night. There's got to be some way to cat-proof these things that doesn't involve me never letting them into my room again.
    The connectors I'm thinking of, if your cat destroyed them, you might need a cat exorcist to solve your problem. Otherwise, if you mean cables, an extra layer of plastic cable wrap should work. You can generally find the standard plastic stuff, or there are some fancy braided sleeves that should work (though in my experience the cat will turn these into a cotton fluff or get her teeth stuck in it and need rescuing), or even electrical tape should work in a pinch.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Get some of those bandages that taste like earwax.
  • There are sprays and stuff you can get too at most pet stores.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Home from work from snow day! But the power has been out for 12 hours with no sign of repairs, so that makes it a lot less fun.
  • Ejderha said:
    Home from work from snow day! But the power has been out for 12 hours with no sign of repairs, so that makes it a lot less fun.
    Yeah, at that point I'd rather be at work making money, if it were me. Heheh.
  • Tremula said:
    Dunno if it would work for y ou, but I found a diluted spray of teatree oil over areas I wanted my cat to avoid worked fairly well
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I get that the health care industry is big. I get that my health and my family's health isn't inherently more important than anyone else's. But for fuck's sake why can't we get a straight answer when we ask whether a doctor/hospital/procedure will be covered? Why are we told, the night before a surgery scheduled for 5:30 AM, that it will "probably be covered" when we show up? How is a cancer patient supposed to keep calm and positive when she's jerked around by insurance companies for months on end?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I get that the health care industry is big. I get that my health and my family's health isn't inherently more important than anyone else's. But for fuck's sake why can't we get a straight answer when we ask whether a doctor/hospital/procedure will be covered? Why are we told, the night before a surgery scheduled for 5:30 AM, that it will "probably be covered" when we show up? How is a cancer patient supposed to keep calm and positive when she's jerked around by insurance companies for months on end?
    My guess would be because the hospital doesn't know if you have meet your deductible yet (and probably won't know until they actually bill the insurance). And that every insurance is different in what they pay if you haven't meet said deductible.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You'd think the insurance company would know, yes?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Insurance, yes. But being able to tell the hospital that? I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some law that prevented your insurance from sharing if you have meet your deductible or not.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Daraius said:

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Let me just say men are shady little bastards. You have the emotional maturity of a taco with the communication skills to match, and you deserve whatever (treatable) disease you catch. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us