What are you playing?

Comments

• Saesh said:
    Kurut said:
    I bought Dragon Age: Inquisition last week, but I've only played maybe three or four hours of it. I keep getting enthralled by Lusternia and other internet activities.
    It's sooo goooooood. I beat it last week. My only suggestion is don't be a Knight Enchanter. It sucks the fun and the challenge right out of the game
    I'm playing a Dalish mage, and loving every minute of it so far. 

Is it possible to get your decisions from earlier in the series on xbox though? It looks like I'm going to have to download something from the internet, and I don't know how that works without Gold service.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • I was a human mage and had some sweet gay lovin with Dorian (I don't care if he's pixels and programs, I was still jealous of his butt). I'm going to replay it either as a Dalish lady mage and woo Solas or I'm going to be a dwarven templar. I got some cool armor and weapon schematics for warriors only and never got to use them!

You can go through their website and change the history to fit your story (more or less) from the previous games. I didn't bother the first time but I probably will the second to change the game up. 
  • I'm playing a Qunari mage. >.>

Mostly because of the quest in Dragon Age II that revealed how horribly Qunari mages are treated
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • I would do that too if I had the game, since they treat their mages just like how the Imperium treats Psykers. Respected, feared, and hated all in one.
  • Elite: Dangerous in a few days. Aww yiss, space!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I am currently playing 7 different games of Diplomacy.  
  • I'm playing Elite Dangerous already. Bought it for Dad's birthday and got sucked in.

Pew pew! :ar!
  • edited December 2014
    So, Dragon Age Inquisition 

I found out about Cassandra's guilty pleasure and I can't stop laughing.  It made the character very real and rocketed her up the charts to become my favorite companion.  Its amusing how many lady lawyers and scientists are straight laced and disciplined in public, then you get to browse their bookshelf.  Points for realism, Bioware.  Also the gigantic five stars on the cover is the best visual gag. 

Varric and Cassandra's conflict is one of the more interestingly conflicts I've seen.  No simplistic black or white, good or evil division here.  People make decisions based on loyalty, and that becomes more poignant in overarching conflicts like war.  That story arc was written pretty well. 

For those of you who want a refresher on the decisions in the previous Dragon Ages for the Keep here is 2+ hours on the subject.
  • edited December 2014
    Isune said:
    So I have loved Choice of Romance: Affairs of the Court and they finally released part 3, completing the game! Rejoice! Protip: the game only continues after part one if you choose to be the King's floozy, because the next two parts are based on using your influence in court to attain power and glory for your house, though the methods of becoming said floozy can vary! It's quite well-written and fun. (I personally like to go for playing the subtle, scheming trollop who pulls all the puppet strings.)

I've been playing this for over a week now, and still finding new ways to approach every part of this story. It's worth way more than $2. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited December 2014
    Riluna said:
    Isune said:
    So I have loved Choice of Romance: Affairs of the Court and they finally released part 3, completing the game! Rejoice! Protip: the game only continues after part one if you choose to be the King's floozy, because the next two parts are based on using your influence in court to attain power and glory for your house, though the methods of becoming said floozy can vary! It's quite well-written and fun. (I personally like to go for playing the subtle, scheming trollop who pulls all the puppet strings.)

I've been playing this for over a week now, and still finding new ways to approach every part of this story. It's worth way more than $2. :)

I even downloaded it to my phone. So many ways to play, it's awesome! Big kudos for that tip, @Isune!

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Been playing a lot of Dragon Age Inquisition, made a Qunari Dual Warrior Tempest Rogue, was pretty fun for awhile, but got bored of it. The specializations for rogue are pretty meh, going to restart and make a female Elven Mage probably.

In the meantime, I caved and bought Destiny and I am glad I did. On the 360 if anyone plays, I could use some help in beating some of these heroic missions.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I hear Dragon Age 2 isn't the best. How essential is it, story-wise? For that matter, should I spring for Awakening and play through that content, or just jump into Inquisition?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I hear Dragon Age 2 isn't the best. How essential is it, story-wise? For that matter, should I spring for Awakening and play through that content, or just jump into Inquisition?
    Dragon Age 2 is completely inessential, IMHO. Everything relevant about it is discussed very early on in Inquisition.

Actually, from the perspective of 'story', I absolutely hated DA2, even if the gameplay itself is good.

• Daraius said:
    It's a very quick game, and I managed to get a very cheap used copy without much difficulty. I personally recommend it, because it introduces you to the calamity you'll experience in DA:I immediately. While I love Inquisition, it's my opinion that it does little to explain initially what on earth is going on (and if you've played DA2, that transition makes more sense). For example, two of your immediate party members are characters you'll recognize from DA2.

The complaints about DA2, from what I understand, are that the combat isn't as strategic (you can button mash through), the storyline is a bit hasty, and there's less customization (for example, Hawke is always human). I really enjoyed it, though. There's more qunari history discussed, and I liked the party members it has quite a bit. Also, unlike Origins, DA2 allows for you to choose a sort of 'personality' for your character kind of like in Mass Effect. (The options are Diplomatic, Humorous, and Aggressive.) Fortunately that is continued to an extent in DA:I!

Tl;dr I would say yes, try DA2 first. But don't worry too much about wasting your time, as it's not a very time-intensive game.
  • edited December 2014
    Isune has a really good point about the qunari. They're way more interesting and dynamic in DA2 (and Inquisition) than Sten was in origins.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I may be a bit late on the bandwagon, but I've been playing around in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Anyone else who'd like to play with me? Just message me, because I've got (if memory serves, haven't popped the disk in in a few days) a level 15~16 Athena and so far the online community seems to exist solely of Claptraps. ::::/

Other than that, I just got Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered and my childhood is weeping.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Tremula said:

Other than that, I just got Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered and my childhood is weeping.

That bad huh? I was contemplating getting it for the vita, but might save my money.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Kagato said:
    That bad huh? I was contemplating getting it for the vita, but might save my money.
    Tears of joy, man, tears of joy.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited December 2014
    If you enjoyed the combat in origins, then yes you should get Awakening. DA2 is completely different, and DA:I is fairly different as well. The story in Awakening is okay, but it was fun to continue the same character and get super-powered and then have some epic dragon fights.

DA2 the combat was meeh. I really liked the companion characters, and the first half of the game's story line is really good I think. It's clear they ran out of time/money and the last third of the game feels very rushed, and there are repeating dungeons. It's worth a try, but I don't feel it's as bad as the rep it got. Just don't expect the same level of combat as Origins (it's like an entirely different game from origins really), and be prepared for a disappointingly rushed final chapter.

I'm on and off playing Inquisition.  I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of open world games, and the open world aspects of Inquisition I don't really care for. All the elfroot picking is really the worst. The first big area (the Hinterlands) I don't really like at all either.  It's also really frustrating that there are random groups of enemies that are super leveled above everything else in the area. I guess it's to encourage you to come back later, but I really just prefer small-medium sized areas that I can clear out and move on to the next. It's a fun game, but the philosophy of the design sometimes irritates me.  Also it feels like I'm being forced to pick a side in the main quest without really getting to interact with either side very much yet, but I've been putting off the main quest so maybe it isn't forced as early as it seems.

Edit: Like I said, still early in the main campaign, but I also feel the companions in Inquisition aren't nearly as compelling as the ones in DA2 and Origins.

Edit2: The multiplayer on Inquisition is actually a pretty fun distraction too.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Thanks for the breakdown, @Turnus! I've got three Mass Effects (and everything I'm inevitably going to buy during the Steam sale now that I have a machine that can really run games) to keep me busy for a long while, but I have a feeling I'll swing back around to Dragon Age.
    I used to make cakes.

• edited December 2014
    Jane Austen fans of Lusternia, I bring you Regency Love for iOS. It's a charming little visual novel-esque indie game driven by your dialogue in events and your stat building. You play a young woman whose father has passed away, and you're being pushed to look for suitable marriage prospects in the town of Darlington. At present, there are 3 such prospects, but in the future they intend to release more content and bachelors. It follows a linear plot depending on the route you pick, and your choices in each chapter determine whether or not you're able to have a happy match with your suitor of interest or if you bring shame on your poor, poor family. It's good well-written fun, and you can tell it's a labor of love for the three people who put the game together. Several dialogue options in particular are hilarious. The art is adorable, as well. :D

• Isune said:
    Jane Austen fans of Lusternia, I bring you Regency Love for iOS. It's a charming little visual novel-esque indie game driven by your dialogue in events and your stat building. You play a young woman whose father has passed away, and you're being pushed to look for suitable marriage prospects in the town of Darlington. At present, there are 3 such prospects, but in the future they intend to release more content and bachelors. It follows a linear plot depending on the route you pick, and your choices in each chapter determine whether or not you're able to have a happy match with your suitor of interest or if you bring shame on your poor, poor family. It's good well-written fun, and you can tell it's a labor of love for the three people who put the game together. Several dialogue options in particular are hilarious. The art is adorable, as well. :D
    If only there were an Android version, I'd be so totally all over that.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm probably late to this party, but I picked up Wasteland 2 for 20$. Let's see how this goes.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited January 2015
    Lots and lots of X-Com lately.

As an addendum, I'm really wrecking house and getting lucky. I was 2 enemies away from finishing a mission with no losses, after my S.H.I.V took so much damage and was left with 1 bar. Enemies also need to stop panicking my soldiers, because they end up wrecking them.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited January 2015
    My first time having a powerful machine during a Steam sale. I thought I'd have more willpower but I ended up with many games that were kind of on my periphery and some I even own on PS3 already:

Trine 2
    Don't Starve
    Skyrim (because I want to know what this game is like without crippling lag)
    Risk of Rain
    Never Alone (because cute arctic fox... but it's broken)
    Transistor
    Fallout: New Vegas (even though it wasn't as discounted as I'd like)

All told it was about $42, which I guess isn't too bad of a birthday/Christmas treat for myself!
    I used to make cakes.

• SWG- Bloodfin.

I miss Live, and it isn't NGE, but hey, I am still a tank, and only getting better on up from here. It has pretty good graphics and there are other emulators. But so far the in-game attitude is all around nice, and they brought Hoth. Hoth, you can do more then a instance on it, you can explore it, and get lost in blizzards and have your rear handed to you! Dromund Kaas! Haven't been there yet, but not even part of Live.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Isluna said:
    SWG- Bloodfin.

I miss Live, and it isn't NGE, but hey, I am still a tank, and only getting better on up from here. It has pretty good graphics and there are other emulators. But so far the in-game attitude is all around nice, and they brought Hoth. Hoth, you can do more then a instance on it, you can explore it, and get lost in blizzards and have your rear handed to you! Dromund Kaas! Haven't been there yet, but not even part of Live.
    I'd say SWTOR is much better than SWG... free to play and fully live too.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Yeah, been there done that. Was one of the grandfather accounts or what ever they called them. Did all the story lines for Reb and Imp. I guess I just like the sandbox of SWG better.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Does anyone else play www.faerytaleonline.com?

It's got an enormous wait until you can actually play but I find the rp really in depth and there is some really fun world building going on in some places.
  • Does anyone else play www.faerytaleonline.com?

It's got an enormous wait until you can actually play but I find the rp really in depth and there is some really fun world building going on in some places.
    I'm #2 in the birth queue. I've been waiting like....3 months+.

I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei VI.