What are you watching?

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Watching the Magicians on the Syfy network, it's pretty awesome so far. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, it's surprisingly good. It's a really great treatment of the series, not following the books exactly but hitting and improving on all of the beats. They're also weaving in sideplots that you only learn about in later books, so that there isn't any backtracking to follow the different stories later on. Some of the symbolism has changed, but generally telegraphs better than the original would have. 

I did sad that they included a "tragic gay subplot". Eliot is angsty in the books, but I don't know how I feel about the one openly gay character relationship ending how it does.  
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Alary said:

WHEN WILL THE STEVEN UNIVERSE HIATUS BE OVER.
    Ahem.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/steven-universe-finally-returns-to-tv-in-june-1768031562
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Watched Serenity a couple nights ago. Just how many levels in Badass does River Tam have?
  • edited April 2016
    She has 13/10 in all the Badassery buffs, plus other buffs no one has ever heard of.

https://xkcd.com/311/

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Finished Erased. Still highly recommended. Now starting in on its spiritual sister piece, Cute High Earth Defence Club Love!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Luce said:
    Watched Serenity a couple nights ago. Just how many levels in Badass does River Tam have?

You should see the second season of the series.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Shaddus said:
    Luce said:

You should see the second season of the series.
    I will shove you out the gorram air lock.
  • Luce said:

imageAll of them.

• The thing is, in that scene, it's the fedsquad who are in trouble - and they don't realize it.

• Enyalida said:

I did sad that they included a "tragic gay subplot". Eliot is angsty in the books, but I don't know how I feel about the one openly gay character relationship ending how it does.  

At least it didn't blow up like the 100 did the other week.
  • Most promising show this coming season: Kumamiko

You had me at Kuma.
    I used to make cakes.

• edited April 2016
    I haven't been excited for a zombie show for literal years (it was overdone since left4dead) but Kabaneri is looking good this season.

• After one episode(which is absolutely not enough for full judgment), attack on trains is a good time, jojo's is jojo's as ever, Kiznaiver isn't anything special yet but it's Trigger so they get some benefit of the doubt, and Bungou is at the very worst enjoyable. If you're only watching one, though, Kabaneri's a good bet.
    Kalnid said:
    After one episode(which is absolutely not enough for full judgment), attack on trains is a good time

Best locomotive combat you'll find in anime. But the wait for season two has been killer.
    I used to make cakes.

• How long d'you think it'll take for there to be a Zootopia animated series?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • So I was rummaging in my collection for something fun and old, and I came across this old gem. Ahh, great show. Best kiss scene in all the shows I've ever watched. Pretty good OST too:

• Poirot!

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Today seemed like a good day to watch Purple Rain.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Stratas said:
    Today seemed like a good day to watch Purple Rain.
    Stratas always reminds me of a combonation of Prince and Poirot.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Ganders and Arishonk

• I hate when they end a whole show on a ridiculous cliffhanger. Will they renew Supergirl?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I've never really taken the time to watch Dr. Who, but I've started watching Torchwood on Netflix lately. Cap'n Jack is an ass.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Okay, worth noting: Doctor Who is like the Br'er Rabbit stories. A little hokey, and they show their age, but they're fun little jaunts that sometimes have darker tones. Torchwood is Watership Down. Cynical, dark, and depressing if you stare at it for too long. The Doctor is, essentially, a good man. He's a healer, a scholar, and a protector whose ideal situation is best summed up at the end of an early story arc. "Sometimes, just this once, everyone lives!". Harkness is, essentially, a jaded cop. His primary drives are to protect the whole, even at the expense of the few, and he sees individual lives as an expendable resource for the most part. His entire life is a very dark place, and Torchwood is a much different series for it.
    There's also this massive faux pas.
    I used to make cakes.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wrong on SO many levels. 
  • 'Better call Saul'.

We were drinking to begin with, then ended up hooked on the show until 5 a.m...
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    So, I happened to be thinking 'oh I want to rewatch this episode of Dr. Who'. Silly me. Rewatching the whole thing. Am trapped.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.