Simple Ideas

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I never had the impression that ents were intended to be sneaky (except Ribbachi), or anything. Faecloak and the like were introduced and upgraded to solve a practical issue with walking paragraphs, that's all.
  • It's a joke. Iari forumrps all over the place with Illuminati coverups. It is hilarious.

• Iari said:
    Not so much an idea as a question and a request.

Why is it that all of my flesh-thing entourage feels the need to blink and shuffle impatiently when they can't actually be influenced?

Is it possible for this to no longer be a thing? It sort of flies in the face of them attempting to be sneaky.

-EDIT: Actually, is this something that effects other Guardian/Wiccans too? Or is it just an Illuminati thing?
    Cloaked creatures should be set to not display shuffling or is that only something the summoner sees?
  • Everybody sees it. They shouldn't even shuffle in the first place (as you can't influence them), but it's a longstanding bug.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Pretty sure shuffling isn't tied to influencing exclusively, is the thing. Like, I don't think it's supposed to be, so I don't think the fact that it's not is a bug.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    chameleoned beasts will shuffle to if they've regained full ego/health whatever, despite not being visible.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My awesome hunting companion doesn't shuffle, but even though he can cloak himself, listen in on conversation, and spy on people, he howls every few minutes. >.<
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I agree that @Pectus said is was stup
    Lavinya said:
    chameleoned beasts will shuffle to if they've regained full ego/health whatever, despite not being visible.
    Shrouded thralls also do their ambient thing.  *shrug*  At least they stopped taking naps.
    </RANT>
  • As it currently stands, Mage/Druids are unable to transfer their specific beasts (wyrms, dragon turtles, phoeni, etc.) to other players. Now, I can understand this condition, as this beast is specific to the organization and it being handed around wouldnt seem very ethical, however, I'd like to make a request.

Could we make it that mages/druids are able to transfer their element's specific beasts to others of their nation, or at least same guild? I personally know some geochemantists that would love a wyrm, but cant get one, as well as others of Magnagora. I can assume some people will think that "they can simply flex and make their own egg" but may we please just this once not think everyone is sitting on a gold-mine waiting to be harvested? This would be a much easier solution than going through all that.

Additionally, I do believe each of these beasts properly represents the org they are from, and so I do believe allowing for a way to obtain these beasts by the rest of the organization would seem practical if not thematically dynamic. Why not let celest get supplied with more dragon turtles? Magnagora supplied with more wyrms? I think it would be a nice concept to see the nations utilizing the beasts loyal to them.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:
    As it currently stands, Mage/Druids are unable to transfer their specific beasts (wyrms, dragon turtles, phoeni, etc.) to other players. Now, I can understand this condition, as this beast is specific to the organization and it being handed around wouldnt seem very ethical, however, I'd like to make a request.

Could we make it that mages/druids are able to transfer their element's specific beasts to others of their nation, or at least same guild? I personally know some geochemantists that would love a wyrm, but cant get one, as well as others of Magnagora. I can assume some people will think that "they can simply flex and make their own egg" but may we please just this once not think everyone is sitting on a gold-mine waiting to be harvested? This would be a much easier solution than going through all that.

Additionally, I do believe each of these beasts properly represents the org they are from, and so I do believe allowing for a way to obtain these beasts by the rest of the organization would seem practical if not thematically dynamic. Why not let celest get supplied with more dragon turtles? Magnagora supplied with more wyrms? I think it would be a nice concept to see the nations utilizing the beasts loyal to them.
    I wanted to give my thunderbard (emerald) to Aerys back in the day. That said, I was also thinking of trying to just hand an egg over and see if she can incubate it herself... but never got around to it. Have you tried that? Beyond that, there's a limitation of how many eggs/grown beasts you can have, if memory serves too... so that will kill the desire of anyone handing mage/druid special eggs out to anyone else.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Arcanis said:
    As it currently stands, Mage/Druids are unable to transfer their specific beasts (wyrms, dragon turtles, phoeni, etc.) to other players. Now, I can understand this condition, as this beast is specific to the organization and it being handed around wouldnt seem very ethical, however, I'd like to make a request.

I wanted to give my thunderbard (emerald) to Aerys back in the day. That said, I was also thinking of trying to just hand an egg over and see if she can incubate it herself... but never got around to it. Have you tried that? Beyond that, there's a limitation of how many eggs/grown beasts you can have, if memory serves too... so that will kill the desire of anyone handing mage/druid special eggs out to anyone else.
    I made an egg and attempted to have someone incubate it, yes. Did not work sadly.
  • Lavinya said:
    I like that some things are special to orgs/guilds/orders whatever. I like that hydras are a mark of high ranking members of the DisOrder, for example. If they were readily available to everyone it would be less special. I don't really care all that much if people want to share around their special beasts but I'm surprised more people don't want to maintain exclusivity in those small ways that don't break the game but keep some things unique and special.

I am not asking to hand the beasts out to everyone, but merely making it accessible to the org they are connected to. Why not let more magnagorans have wyrms? I think it would make for a lovely flavor concept. Additionally, while exclusiveness is a nice concept in itself, we should consider that it can also become to a point of extremism when codes and funds are being used only for a very small select of people, rather than attempting to impress more of the playerbase.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    Elanorwen said:
    Not sure how simple, but...

Why not give bookbinders the ability to sell their wares in stores? Specifically, they can BOOKBIND <design> FOR [SALE|<person>]
    If bound for sale, it can be put in a store and priced, and the person that buys it will have it assigned to them so they can use it from that point onward.
    Yes please!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Lavinya said:
    I like that some things are special to orgs/guilds/orders whatever. I like that hydras are a mark of high ranking members of the DisOrder, for example. If they were readily available to everyone it would be less special. I don't really care all that much if people want to share around their special beasts but I'm surprised more people don't want to maintain exclusivity in those small ways that don't break the game but keep some things unique and special.
    I agree completely.

I, for instance, was slightly irked when I spotted one of the stoles of @Mysrai's Order out and about and on a Wildefolk person. I presume that there's more than a small amount of significance behind the hydra for @Morgfyre and his DisOrder, and I can't help but think that each person outside of the org/guild/order who has one of these things waters down any meaning and significance of it.

Just my 10c.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    In return, tattooists get tattoo transfer paper.  Let it take the same amount of time to ink to the paper as it does now, even let it take the exact same amount of time for the person who buys it to apply it to themselves.  If you really wanna uber restrict it, make the tattooist pick the power the tattoo has as well.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Arcanis said:

I don't think it's necessarily a good idea, but I would love some way for players who are going inactive (or who are leaving the org) to 'leave behind' their class beast with their previous guild. This could be some ability to transfer a guild beast, but ONLY to another person with the proper skill, or some kennel-esque solution.
  • Maligorn said:
    It's a joke. Iari forumrps all over the place with Illuminati coverups. It is hilarious.
    To clarify: The query about the shuffling ents is/was NOT a joke. It was a serious question. I'd wondered if it was a bug, or if it was there for a purpose, etc etc.

And thank you to everyone for the answers.

The rest of that joking type stuff can stop easily enough if it bothers people.

Derail over.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • Elanorwen said:

Why not give bookbinders the ability to sell their wares in stores? Specifically, they can BOOKBIND <design> FOR [SALE|<person>]
    If bound for sale, it can be put in a store and priced, and the person that buys it will have it assigned to them so they can use it from that point onward.
    This. Oh, this. I imagine it will make things easier on the customers too. We Bookbinders are also hard to find when you actually WANT to find one, or so I'm told. So this would help customers immensely as well. (And they can still approach us for custom designs)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    The ability for jewellers to stock empty energycubes for sale in a shop would also be pretty handy! All of their other stuff can be sold. I'm not sure how you'd prevent people buying cubes that have just been drained that were there for enchants unless once it's drained it's no longer listed or something, I don't know.
    Arcanis said:
    Lavinya said:

I am not asking to hand the beasts out to everyone, but merely making it accessible to the org they are connected to. Why not let more magnagorans have wyrms? I think it would make for a lovely flavor concept. Additionally, while exclusiveness is a nice concept in itself, we should consider that it can also become to a point of extremism when codes and funds are being used only for a very small select of people, rather than attempting to impress more of the playerbase.
    I can agree with being able to pass it to someone else in the guild kinda like Enyalida suggested. Wyrms have never struck me as 'Magnagoran' so much as 'what those insane Geomancers ride around from earth', but that could entirely just be me!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lavinya said:
    The ability for jewellers to stock empty energycubes for sale in a shop would also be pretty handy! All of their other stuff can be sold. I'm not sure how you'd prevent people buying cubes that have just been drained that were there for enchants unless once it's drained it's no longer listed or something, I don't know.
    Couldn't you sell an energy cube in a container of some kind?  You'd have to label their "bin" appropriately so people know what you've got in the containers, and it'd definitely be way more convenient to be able to sell the energy cube itself, but it at least would give you the option without waiting for a coding change.

Xenthos said:
    Lavinya said:
    Couldn't you sell an energy cube in a container of some kind?  You'd have to label their "bin" appropriately so people know what you've got in the containers, and it'd definitely be way more convenient to be able to sell the energy cube itself, but it at least would give you the option without waiting for a coding change.
    I'm quite sure this experiment was tried and they decayed inside the containers. No one could check how old it was before buying it, it could possibly be ready to decay. I don't see why there couldn't be an easier way!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lavinya said:

Xenthos said:
    Lavinya said:
    I'm quite sure this experiment was tried and they decayed inside the containers. No one could check how old it was before buying it, it could possibly be ready to decay. I don't see why there couldn't be an easier way!
    Yes, items in a container will decay, unless they are inside the origami which prevents it (but then those origami do decay, even in stockrooms).  I'm pretty sure that the reason is so that people don't buy out all the enchantments on a cube and then buy the cube.  An "easy" fix, to me at least, would be to allow you to put cubes on pedestals; if on a pedestal, then it will sell it as charges.  If not on a pedestal, then it will sell the cube.

Even so, they would need to unlist all cubes currently in stockrooms so people don't go steal all the cubes, though.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Iari said:
    I agree completely.

I, for instance, was slightly irked when I spotted one of the stoles of @Mysrai's Order out and about and on a Wildefolk person. I presume that there's more than a small amount of significance behind the hydra for @Morgfyre and his DisOrder, and I can't help but think that each person outside of the org/guild/order who has one of these things waters down any meaning and significance of it.

Just my 10c.
    In defense, most of the Wildefolk are pretty upset by that particular example, too.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

• Elanorwen said:

The trick would be flagging the AUTHOR field of the object to support some sort of NONE value (a ``not yet set'').  Yeah, you an I had the same syntax in mind:
    BOOKBIND <design> FOR (SALE | <character> | <org>)
    We'd still either need to add a new script similar to EDITOR, or expand the workings of the BUY script along the lines of artifacts:
    AUTHOR <book> <character>
    or
    BUY <book> [FOR (<character> | <org>)]
    Possibly both modes supported? I'm assuming the first would only work if the book's author field is empty/blank/null/none/not-set if we wanted to retain the existing authorship mechanic (could transition from NONE once and only once).  If we want authorship to change, then we'd probably want to treat it like a palimpsest (erasing the existing pages).  Can copies be re-authored? Can SEAL'ed copies be re-authored? I'm guessing ``no'' to the last (and leaning ``no'' to both of the latter), but those questions are worth asking.

It bugs me, but only just a tiny bit since I don't really interact in the economy much.  If someone on the CT wants a book I'll do it if they just cover the commodities and the royalty.  Yes, it would be neat if shops could sell books and scrolls and such, but I really don't see too much demand. 

Perhaps that would change if I walked into a shop and saw not only copies of some of my favourite books for sale on the shelf, but also some blank books just ready for me to scribble in.  It certainly would be helpful to some novices who want a guild-inspired book to just buy one off the shelf rather than wait for a binder to connect.  Heck! Delphas is a book binder and I would rather go to the store than craft it myself most times.
    </RANT>
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I'd like to be able to appraise/parley while under amnesty.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't have an issue with the stoles being locked to an order, but what about people whose gods disappear? When Eventru left, His stoles stopped working, and we had to issue about it.

Are you suggesting that stoles should stop working if you leave the order, or are you suggesting that only order people should be able to purchase that stole from the mob?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.