Simple Ideas

Comments

• Ssaliss said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Arimisia said:
    Lerad said:
    haha, secondtrade would be 750million essence at 10x. Now that would be amusing to see someone get.
    and it'd never happen cause of capped essence these days.
    It is a soft cap (or some I'm told). It could happen, it would just take you a lifetime to get that much once you hit diminishing returns.
    Well, if by soft cap you mean that once you hit 175m you only get one essence per kill, no matter what you kill...
    Better than nothing. Have to get that rank 1 somehow (unless the admins which to introduce an essence decay for those way above the soft cap)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    How about a way to turn demigod essence into bound credits?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    as much as I'd love that, I don't think it's a good idea longterm

It'd be nothing but neverending aetherhunts and RL daylong astral bashes

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    How about essence for wonderwand crystals?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yes I love both of those ideas. <3
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Make repeat stratagems go to the bottom of the queue when performed instead of remaining at the top.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Some nights, when everything is tranquil and If I look hard enough, in some near-forgotten corner of my elastic heart is an earnest desire to acquire customized guardian/wiccan entities. And though its embers linger upon the precipice of utter and disenchanted oblivion, it takes but the littlest of remembrances to breathe life into it and rouse this all-consuming inferno of desire that finds me trembling with passion. This is one of those nights. Let my wish be so.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

We should have a semi-automated customization mechanic, like some of the other IREs have, like the thing we now have for beast reactions. It basically works like trade design submission, where you have a form you fill out and submit for approval.

Another idea: Make DRAWing a weapon use the same nice logic that WIELDing one does, where it will automatically unwield something in the same go. This will cut down on spam generated by unwielding/wielding things. Also, can we have in-line enevenoming? Instead of:

wipe sword
    envenom sword with dulak
    swing sword at foobar

Something more like:

swing sword at foobar dulak

This would put a layer of the poison on the weapon and swing it all in one go, fewer commands to process/alias/send.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    But then you make stupidity not have three different chances to fire.
  • Allow SARI as an alternate noun for Greatgowns, and KIMONO or YUKATA for robes/greatrobes?
    :D
    Tarkenton said:
    Yeah? But warriors (and to a lesser degree monks) already have to deal with miss chance AND clumsiness, neither of which affect magic classes, who tend to have fewer stacked commands per attack. Reducing layers of random failure is good!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Oh, I know it is.  But the powers that be seem to disagree, as has been proven over the years.
  • Enyalida said:
    Yeah? But warriors (and to a lesser degree monks) already have to deal with miss chance AND clumsiness, neither of which affect magic classes, who tend to have fewer stacked commands per attack when they aren't psionicists. Reducing layers of random failure is good!
    FTFY
    Psionics actually has a reduced chance to proc several effects, due to their stacked nature. The more you know?
  • Maybe Kata and swordpoisoning should work like that then? Though I always understood that it was better practice to just stack several poisons on the blade beforehand if it was going to be the same poison every attack?
    Enyalida said:
    Psionics actually has a reduced chance to proc several effects, due to their stacked nature. The more you know?
    but not stupidity, the issue that was brought up. The more you know?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Enyalida said:
    Tarkenton said:
    Yeah? But warriors (and to a lesser degree monks) already have to deal with miss chance AND clumsiness, neither of which affect magic classes, who tend to have fewer stacked commands per attack. Reducing layers of random failure is good!

Context! Magic classes tend to have fewer stacked commands. Psionics, the arguable exception, has mechanics put in that make their stacked commands act as a not-a-stacked-command* in at least some situations - a thing not generally known by most people. *Afaik. This comes into play with woodchem reactive triggering, at least.
    The issue brought up was stupidity. Psionics have stacked commands, druids have stacked commands (treetoss, climb, sap?), pretty much every class will stacked commands. 

Warriors/monks can get away with preapplying poisons and only apply when they need certain ones, they are in no way required to wipe/apply/attack everytime.

The biggest issue is you countered psionic having stacked commands with 'well they don't trigger reactives' when the issue was triggering stupidity which psionics will trigger! Applying poisons doesn't trigger reactives either!

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Woot, had an idea implemented in game... I win Lusternia nao? \:D/

On topic, and something that's been making people twitchy for quite a while already... could we give the permissions to check linked manse perms to the Power aides? They do have the ability to link/unlink, but it's rather wasted as they cannot link and check fulcrux perms, so every organization pretty much just tells their Power aides to never link manses without being authorized specifically to do so on a case-by-case basis.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Aerotan said:
    Allow SARI as an alternate noun for Greatgowns, and KIMONO or YUKATA for robes/greatrobes?
    :D
    Saris already exist under regular dresses, kimonos are good enough as 'kimono robes', and yukata is stupid.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Saris are regular dresses, but I can't have them enchanted or make Splendourous (splendid?) Saris. 
    Aerotan said:
    Saris are regular dresses, but I can't have them enchanted or make Splendourous (splendid?) Saris. 
    Correct.

However, you could be inventive and design something like 'sari-style robes'. There's a way to make things work without asking for things that are never going to happen. New comms and new design nouns have been off the table for like two years now, and don't seem to ever be coming back.

#j-j-jaded

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I would love if it showed tattooweight for tattoo designs on DESIGN LIST <cartel>
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ayisdra said:
    I would love if it showed tattooweight for tattoo designs on DESIGN LIST <cartel>
    Generally, old designs with weird weight for the body part should just be fixed to be standard sized and leave it at that, then make sure new designs being submitted can't be weird weights.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Ayisdra said:
    I would love if it showed tattooweight for tattoo designs on DESIGN LIST <cartel>
    Generally, old designs with weird weight for the body part should just be fixed to be standard sized and leave it at that, then make sure new designs being submitted can't be weird weights.
    That would mean chest and back tattoos could only be set to 200 weight, which is useless given that powers max out at 100. Also, some of us like having multiple designs on body parts! :(

-