Simple Ideas

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I like it, and I also like previously proposed Enchanted Plinth that works just like a keg, but for enchantments. I don't know anything about enchantment, but isn't 50% of a powerstone a lot for one item?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Once upon a time powerstones cost upwards of 1k gold. Now people can hardly get rid of them all. Have enchanters gloves halve the percentage again and it's not really that bad, especially if the tag makes something fully enchanted (like a brooch which is 40% of a powerstone without gloves). Perhaps the tag needs more power to be able to transfer!

• Aye, costing more for convenience is not a bad idea, but 50% does seem a tad excessive.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    The costs are more just blind suggestions, and the most open to interpretation. it could just be gold outlay too, or require some magic ink (and in retrospect, using blank sketches instead of letters might be more sensible too)
  • I think best way to do it would be to have it cost about 25% power base, a base gold outlay, and that it gives 10 charges when used. A full charge when used is gonna make it a huge waste to use on rings, and/or way too cheap when used on crowns and magic item curios. 25% power cost gives four tags to a powerstone, and thus won't be too painful for those without gloves. And a base gold outlay'll help as a gold sink.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited February 2015
    Just a minor one to help with system-parsing recipes (be it for cooking, tailoring, jewelering or smithing): Add a line at the top that says "Listing recipes for x" (for instance, "Listing recipes for baking").

EDIT: Or, alternatively, add the type of recipe to the RECIPES <stuff> and add the ability to do RECIPES ALL, which would list all recipes you can do.
  • Oh, and also, show the ID of the recipe when examining it. Perhaps even as simple as "You carefully study the cooking recipe #1234."
  • No more jars used in revolts please! It screwed up -everything-. Can you make it so jars do not work on denizens in a village that is currently in a revolt? Not only does it change the game -completely- but organisations will be really at an imbalance due to how expensive the jars are.

I know Hallifax won Rikenfriez, but I saw the carnage and chaos. Just… no. No.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Donato said:

I saw the carnage and chaos. Just… no. No.
    In a peaced revolt? Tell me more.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    What the heck's a jar?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Auction artifact that allows user to make a denizen shuffle. Usable once a month, iirc. Or was it once a day? Can't remember.

• It's once a day. It had me stressing pretty hard, but we had good mist support too, thankfully.

• Disabling jars during a revolt would remove 95% of the value people find in that artifact. Highly doubt you'll see that change without a drastic alteration in prices or even outright refunds.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Wow, another artifact that drastically changes and unbalances a PvP engagement. SURPRISE. Said no one.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    You can buy them for 700 credits now.

(Not that this makes them balanced or anything.)

Viynain said:

Disabling jars during a revolt would remove 95% of the value people find in that artifact. Highly doubt you'll see that change without a drastic alteration in prices or even outright refunds.

While I wouldn't move to have them disabled either, I would like to see a change where you can only mist the same mob once per day, as well. Even having been on the using end of the infamous mist-chain-the-village-leader-and-win gimmick, it's...it just feels shitty.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:

Viynain said:

Disabling jars during a revolt would remove 95% of the value people find in that artifact. Highly doubt you'll see that change without a drastic alteration in prices or even outright refunds.

While I wouldn't move to have them disabled either, I would like to see a change where you can only mist the same mob once per day, as well. Even having been on the using end of the infamous mist-chain-the-village-leader-and-win gimmick, it's...it just feels shitty.
    No disagreement there. I wouldn't mind a limit to the number of times a given mob could be misted in a day. This would still retain the jar's usefulness while removing the scenario sketched above.

I also wouldn't mind lowering the cost of the jar if this were to take place.
  • Eritheyl said:

Viynain said:

I think we influenced the leader about 6 times, and it still wasn't enough. Heh.

Of course, now that the buggy L3 village influence that -everyone- but viscanti/illithoids had is gone according to the changelog, I suspect revolts will be markedly different from now on. Though, re-re-re-re-re-misting is pretty darned silly.
    Ixion said:

Of course, now that the buggy L3 village influence that -everyone- but viscanti/illithoids had is gone according to the changelog, I suspect revolts will be markedly different from now on. Though, re-re-re-re-re-misting is pretty darned silly.

Are we sure it was village influencing in the fix? The changelog is pretty general, though it could be assumed to mean for all forms of influence.

-

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    There is the racial village influencing buff for viscanti and illithoid (I presume to counter their awful charisma in general), so I presume from the changelog that EVERYONE was getting the lvl3 racial advantage influencing villages. It really will be interesting to see next revolt.

• Maligorn said:

I'll envoy for you!

Night - Scourge > Targeted blindness is so lamesauce. Instead, it should be an area of effect zombie summoner that marches to your Sunwell to claim its pow--

wait what?

*fan cheer*
  • Ixion said:

Eritheyl said:

Viynain said:

I think we influenced the leader about 6 times, and it still wasn't enough. Heh.

re-misting is why some villages that shall remain nameless are being won so quickly during the mountain wars revolts (thus meaning having no resistance since there are 5 villages and everyone goes for one). I have seen individuals use mist after mist on a leader which is just a moronic concept to begin with. Yay to villages being captured in 10 mins or less again.
  • Another simple idea: GET ALL FROM <x>.
  • Could we make it that Cubes placed on pedestals in stores can then be sold directly? As it currently stands, by placing a cube in a store, it is assumed (logically so) that we are selling the charges per, but I would also like to sell a cube, which in truth would make it easier for individuals (Usually returning or new ones) to purchase one without having to track down a jeweller to create it.
  • Vivet said:

Before I go to bed, I have to be sure to get this down so I won't forget.

Recent bookbinding changes and musing over temporary tattoos have given me another neat trade idea.

ENCHANTMENT - SPELLTAGS

At the cost of 50% of a powerstone and a plain bookbinding letter, you can create a spelltag to store a given enchantment. This can be any enchantment the enchanter can normally access, be it elemental, cosmic, tinkering, etc.

Simply APPLY <SPELLTAG/ENCHANTMENT> TO <ITEM>. If it is an appropriate enchantment vessel, then the spelltag will dissipate while infusing the enchantment into that object with a single charge.

This can help eat up some of the mass of powerstones floating around and give the spelltags a reasonable cost. It should also make it easier for enchanters to distribute things on their own, and jewelers have more freedom to stock and sell unenchanted jewelry (since then people can pick whatever they want and then apply the enchantment themselves after).

Okay, -now- it is bedtime.

I think you have something there, but I also think it is too expensive. It has to be something you can make and move without taking up tons of shop space.

I would suggest instead: Grimoires. Like kegs, but for spells. They hold up to 100 of the same spell and cost comparable to kegs (remember if you want to help someone fully you're still going to have to stock jewelery).

Or if not, Grimoires, Spellstones if they'd rather toss jewelers another bone.

Or, since there is nearly universal hatred for wands, maybe wands could have the nice side effect of not only casting spells, but can charge items. Havens knows that artisan's could use a bit more love.
  • edited February 2015
    I kinda wish that artisans could make like... implements for like... druids, mages, wiccans, and guardians. 

I know that item customisation is a thing (I've done it) but I'd also kinda like it if you could just mundanely customise your implement.

Perhaps the skills themselves would be region locked so that only Hallifaxians could make like... rayguns or Aeromancer implements.

Then once the player gets their hand on a crafted implement, the ability that normally summons their implement could also have an option like instrumentbond in music that imbues the implement with the power necessary to actually function.

EDIT: I suppose customisation in turn would become about creating overtly magical implements, such as Saran's staff that is constantly growing moonhart leaves and the like.
  • edited February 2015
    I suppose I could also push my luck and ask if the artisan implements are added, could we maybe have the options like aetolia has for varying attack messages?

Like, druid cudgels might have the current messages, but if you have a druid staff they might change to something like...

Shouting an incantation to the sky, Saran, brandishes a staff etched with vines as a swarm of lightning bugs sweep around him.  Lowering the staff to point at you, he completes the incantation and the swarm darts forward to scour your flesh painfully.

or something better when I'm not hiding my forum use at work >_

EDIT:

Omg, the Hartstone could have hunting bows...
  • Saran said:

EDIT:

We members of Lusternia that have entered the Portal of Fates do not believe in bows or any form of projectile (physical) weaponry. We leave that to the peasant such as the centaurs.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    No thank you to having different lines for attacks.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Arcanis said:

Saran said:

EDIT:

We members of Lusternia that have entered the Portal of Fates do not believe in bows or any form of projectile (physical) weaponry. We leave that to the peasant such as the centaurs.
    Or the Orcs. 'me boyz'll getcha fer dat.'