Simple Ideas

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Winnae said:

I've been learning the ukulele IRL and I wish that those were an option for bard instruments :)

Probably won't happen but you can invent one in-game! (See Zitto's crystal armonica)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    With enough credits...
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Agreed, and posting that I agree.

Mostly so I can stop pestering Lerad and any other envoy I'm friendly with for details about things.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Agreeing with the caveat you can only see public skills or guild skills. Not Nihilists seeing Celestine stuff, y'know? Other than that I'm all for it!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I don't see why you wouldn't, they have direct impacts on each other and share some of the same functions, as noted with pacts. I have a report (Report 819) set to drafting for awhile because I haven't been able to come up with a good solution, and it would have a direct impact to both Celestines and Nihilists.

The more information accessed the better. There is nothing to gain from keeping Reports hidden, I can't even really come up with any reason to keep them hidden except maybe saving the envoy from having to explain what "Draft" means compared to Pending/Submitted.

Please make Reports view able by all. It probably would've helped with that whole Pacts ordeal.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.

• Tremula said:
    Agreeing with the caveat you can only see public skills or guild skills. Not Nihilists seeing Celestine stuff, y'know? Other than that I'm all for it!
    Can't really see the reason for that caveat... If the report has merit, then there's no harm in everyone being able to see it. If there's an issue with the report, then it's better if more people can see it so that issue can be addressed.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm not a Nihilist for example, but I'm highly interested to see how their skills can be adjusted regarding this overhaul, and maybe one day I will skillflex back in. Why shouldn't I be able to see what's going on? Besides, anyone can make an alt in every org, why try and hide it?

Just my personal opinion! If it changed I'd not complain, but I like it better the way I described.

• RENOUNCE RANKINGS XP -> takes you out of the experience rankings. Once and for all. No "joining" again later, ever.

But honestly? I wish Lusternia had that. I love 'hiding' my level in Aetolia and I think it would be neat here too.
  • Daraius said:
    I've been learning the ukulele IRL and I wish that those were an option for bard instruments :)
    Probably won't happen but you can invent one in-game! (See Zitto's crystal armonica)
    Does that mean it can be used as a bard instrument though, or is that just a custom item you can carry around?
    edited May 2015
    I was always under the impression that customizations had to keep one of the main verbs of the item, but maybe that's not the case. Portius's customized whip is now a scourge, which, while not one of the recognized main nouns for ordinary whips, is still technically a whip. This is the relevant passage in the help document:

CUSTOMISED DESCRIPTIONS
    -----------------------
    You can do pretty much whatever you want in customising an item, as long as you
    don't try to change the basic type of thing which it is. A ring can't become a
    shield, for example, and a musical instrument can't become a cloak.

The uke is still an instrument, and can be carried around and used in exactly the same way as the existing bardic instruments, so maybe for a little extra customization fee you can indeed change your main noun.
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    I was always under the impression that customizations had to keep one of the main verbs of the item, but maybe that's not the case. Portius's customized whip is now a scourge, which, while not one of the recognized main nouns for ordinary whips, is still technically a whip. This is the relevant passage in the help document:

CUSTOMISED DESCRIPTIONS
    -----------------------

The uke is still an instrument, and can be carried around and used in exactly the same way as the existing bardic instruments, so maybe for a little extra customization fee you can indeed change your main noun.
    I couldn't change my race hat to a headband, so I'd be -pretty pissed- myself.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • Daraius said:

CUSTOMISED DESCRIPTIONS
    -----------------------

You ain't a mugwump?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That's a rude question to ask.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited May 2015
    For when you've been lazy, "Curio rub all pieces [exclude ### ### ###] confirm" to give each curio piece you don't exclude one rub.
  • Tylwyth said:
    Daraius said:

CUSTOMISED DESCRIPTIONS
    -----------------------

You ain't a mugwump?
    Phul is 100% muggy, but I'm not talking about him.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • edited May 2015
    Well no, not if I mug you..

( <3 )
  • Shop crates. Crafted by artisans.

Crates are a special item akin to a keg. They differ from kegs in that instead of buying part of its contents you buy the total of the contents. Want to sell novice supplies, buy ten crates and in each add a pack, some herbs and some vials. Items inside crates do not decay as long as the crate is in a stockroom. Items in a crate count towards the shop's total items and decay if the shop is over its max allowed items (if not possible for the crate's items to count against shop max, put a cap on the max price of a crate (2-3k) so that shopkeepers cannot easily abuse crates). Crates probably need a safeguard that they must be priced and publically viewable to avoid abuse (if this is too difficult to code, then perhaps crate upgrades (akin to rifts might work)).

Daebach wanted to sell something like a novice pack in a shop, but the items inside decay. This would address that and as far as I can tell, get around the abuse issues.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Modular Origami.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Items in a modular origami also decay, if I'm not wrong.

• Items inside a modular origami do not decay, but the origami does, even if it's in a stockroom.
  • Ah, right, it's the other way around from what I remembered it as. Well, either way, a change to modular origami to allow it would be nice.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2015
    o Can we get indoors vs outdoors as a field in the map.xml?
    o Can the cloud maelstrom be mapped?
    o Can we separate the various merian isles into their own areas on the mapper xml?
    o Can Serenwilde south and north be combined in the mapper xml, as well as on gmcp?

o Can we get rid of the delay on treasure maps? It's already unnecessarily time consuming to discover three spots on the multiples you have. READ MAP should be changed to instant.
  • An additional configurable on vengeance games, VENGEANCE SET DEADWIN ON/OFF, which awards victory to dead players on the winning team of vengeance games.  Maybe only make it apply in terms of the gold pay-out rather than achievement stats (Though, with a thousand wins to earn, I feel like this is comparing infinities).  In any case, whether you're playing Vengeance to win for you or for your team changes the metagame substantially and could add some fun variety in the way people play Vengeance.
  • Lerad said:
    Ah, right, it's the other way around from what I remembered it as. Well, either way, a change to modular origami to allow it would be nice.
    I think Lendren, maybe, used to sell novice packs using bags, not sure if that would work maybe?
  • Saran said:
    Lerad said:
    Ah, right, it's the other way around from what I remembered it as. Well, either way, a change to modular origami to allow it would be nice.
    I think Lendren, maybe, used to sell novice packs using bags, not sure if that would work maybe?
    Containers placed in non-decay environments (think stockrooms, origami etc) still have their content decay, sadly.
    edited May 2015
    Can confirm modular origami still preserves its contents in stockrooms, but the origami itself decays. For instance all the picnic lunches I packed for Maligorn are still fine. Just gotta keep an eye on the decay timers on the packages in case he ever decides to take one.

I feel like origami's the way to go for novice packs. You won't need to have all that many available at once, and they have long lifespan. Presumably novices will be opening right away.
    I used to make cakes.

• I think there was reasoning behind forcing certain things to decay so that might have lead to the system that we have now, which might mean that it's not entirely a desirable change on the other side.

If the intention here is primarily for things like novice packs, there might be a way to code that in as an exception, like maybe a tag on specific stockrooms (guild ones most likely) that preserve packages?
    The hares in Versavir should get to mating and produce two extra.