Simple Ideas

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I would love it if cartels could be deeded to families, and ownership of the cartel passed to the family head upon election. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • It seems strange that Mage beasts forget all their abilities if the mage switches/quits class. For example, why should a crow forget how to fly? Or a wyrm forget how to burrow?

Could we keep the lesser mage-beast abilities in and make them simply forget the major power: Blacklung, super poison breath, steam breath, etc.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited June 2015
    Arcanis said:
    It seems strange that Mage beasts forget all their abilities if the mage switches/quits class. For example, why should a crow forget how to fly? Or a wyrm forget how to burrow?

Could we keep the lesser mage-beast abilities in and make them simply forget the major power: Blacklung, super poison breath, steam breath, etc.

NOTE: If you lose the thunderbird skill, your thunderbird will not abandon you; however, it will no longer have the ability to cause epilepsy when it breathes lightning nor allow the owner to use breathe lightning without the Beastmastery skill. Also note that the thunderbird's inherent ability to fly will always need the the flying skill in Beastmastery to use it.

I don't see why it needs more than that. It most certainly can still fly if I don't have aeromancy active. Not sure why lightning breath innate skill disappears, but it doesn't really matter much to me either way considering that people wouldn't be using it without the epilepsy anyway.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Arcanis said:
    It seems strange that Mage beasts forget all their abilities if the mage switches/quits class. For example, why should a crow forget how to fly? Or a wyrm forget how to burrow?

NOTE: If you lose the thunderbird skill, your thunderbird will not abandon you; however, it will no longer have the ability to cause epilepsy when it breathes lightning nor allow the owner to use breathe lightning without the Beastmastery skill. Also note that the thunderbird's inherent ability to fly will always need the the flying skill in Beastmastery to use it.

I don't see why it needs more than that. It most certainly can still fly if I don't have aeromancy active. Not sure why lightning breath innate skill disappears, but it doesn't really matter much to me either way considering that people wouldn't be using it without the epilepsy anyway.

hmm, peculiar, thunderbirds keep their ability to fly? Crows seems to lose it if you arent a druid, as well wyrms seem to forget how to burrow. I think there is some old code vs new code problem here
  • Already idea'ed it but just putting it here, I'd like desks to be able to stop the decay of letters, being that is where you store paperwork and the like. This also means that post offices can have letters available for people in their desks (As I've seen some do) without worrying about them decaying. I mean, you can already store objects in desks, letters seem just like weapons for ranks, clothes for wardrobes and baskets for food.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ventidius said:
    Already idea'ed it but just putting it here, I'd like desks to be able to stop the decay of letters, being that is where you store paperwork and the like. This also means that post offices can have letters available for people in their desks (As I've seen some do) without worrying about them decaying. I mean, you can already store objects in desks, letters seem just like weapons for ranks, clothes for wardrobes and baskets for food.
    Desks slow the decay of letters, halves the rate I believe? But it would be pretty nifty if they stopped decay much like armoires do with clothing.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Oooor... you can come buy letters from Erudio.  ;;)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • It's been at least a year since I asked. Please increase the length of song stanzas from 75 characters to 150 characters. Please?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • My rickroll could have been so much better if I had 150 :(
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Silea said:
    My rickroll could have been so much better if I had 150 :(
  • Can we remove the need to declare from lichseeds? Both participants need mag citizenship anyways.
    Vetala said:
    Can we remove the need to declare from lichseeds? Both participants need mag citizenship anyways.
    I'd agree with this. Does it have an "AGREE" syntax already? Perhaps replace the declare with an AGREE on the part of the recipient if one isn't already in place?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Could we make Ceria Inalai, within the Asylum, a 'village leader' able to be negotiated with for amnesty? Currently the only leader of the 'Alakar' faction is Alakar himself, and you need to complete the quest in order to be granted to even see him...thus, the conundrum.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Arcanis said:
    Could we make Ceria Inalai, within the Asylum, a 'village leader' able to be negotiated with for amnesty? Currently the only leader of the 'Alakar' faction is Alakar himself, and you need to complete the quest in order to be granted to even see him...thus, the conundrum.
    Wrong. You can influence/kill the elemental for the key card.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:
    Arcanis said:
    Could we make Ceria Inalai, within the Asylum, a 'village leader' able to be negotiated with for amnesty? Currently the only leader of the 'Alakar' faction is Alakar himself, and you need to complete the quest in order to be granted to even see him...thus, the conundrum.
    That smells like a bug. Especially the influence part where you can practically skip 95% of the quest.

• Arcanis said:
    Yeah, I'm trying to be rid of every status but Nyalia, and I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to do this one.

• Elanorwen said:
    That smells like a bug. Especially the influence part where you can practically skip 95% of the quest.
    It's always been like this, and I've never considered it might be a bug. There's no shortcut here for completing either side of the quest. I am pretty sure that getting the keycard this way is part of the torture side. Learning how to access Akbar is a benefit of completing the quest. (Or reading the forums, apparently.)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Nah, torture side has you bring it to Ceria so's she can activate it. Works without being activated anyway, of course. Probably something to do with the fact that the dark side is wholly busted.
    edited June 2015
    Talan said:

Elanorwen said:
    It's always been like this, and I've never considered it might be a bug. There's no shortcut here for completing either side of the quest. I am pretty sure that getting the keycard this way is part of the torture side. Learning how to access Akbar is a benefit of completing the quest. (Or reading the forums, apparently.)
    I guess the question is... can you then just kill Alakar and end up finishing the quest with little to no effort. If yes then I'd say that's most likely a bug.

EDIT: Apparently not. Still, it sounds rather flaky, really.

• edited June 2015
    It's been quite a while, but aren't there a whole lot of other things you need to do first with the patients and doctors?
    Edit: I mean, the quest isn't "Kill Alakar" it's "save the patients" yes? Edit/edit: I mean there is a lot to do before you get to the point where killing him will have any effect. Just walking in and killing him does not give you a quest line.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Talan said:
    It's been quite a while, but aren't there a whole lot of other things you need to do first with the patients and doctors?
    Edit: I mean, the quest isn't "Kill Alakar" it's "save the patients" yes? Edit/edit: I mean there is a lot to do before you get to the point where killing him will have any effect. Just walking in and killing him does not give you a quest line.
    Eh, I'd say that depends on how the quest is setup, thus causing the bug. If the quest was setup to have a condition of... is Alakar dead? y/n and then the elemental appears and you can just activate the machine to put everyone to sleep.... then it would have been a bug. It is not the case, so my point is apparently moot.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Killing Alakar without having completed the rest of the quest steps prior does nothing.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Kinda sucks to have the bits spoiled but at least I know where to go for diplomacy now. 

Can link/darklink/whateverlink <count> be made to not check against sobriety and sanity when automatically unlinking?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It's a convenience thing; you can always make a trigger to handle edge cases like that if you want, or highlight the node-link-message and unlink message so you can mentally count and visually identify when it should've gone and if it didn't.  There are a lot of ways to address it without much effort.

It was implemented primarily for linking to the nexus if I recall correctly (it works on the base command), but was added to the others for convenience as stated.  They do want you paying attention when bashing, though, and watching lines to make sure that you unlinked correctly is attention.  I don't consider it a bad thing!
  • Xenthos said:
    It's a convenience thing; you can always make a trigger to handle edge cases like that if you want, or highlight the node-link-message and unlink message so you can mentally count and visually identify when it should've gone and if it didn't.  There are a lot of ways to address it without much effort.

It was implemented primarily for linking to the nexus if I recall correctly (it works on the base command), but was added to the others for convenience as stated.  They do want you paying attention when bashing, though, and watching lines to make sure that you unlinked correctly is attention.  I don't consider it a bad thing!
    Kinda hard to spot it in all the spam, but what's one more trigger at this point I guess?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It's the downside to drunkenness - the fumbling. I used to have a big shiny highlight for when the link went through, and another straight after for when I unlinked, so if I didn't unlink it was obvious.

• Eritheyl said:
    Arcanis said:

Which still means that Alakar is the only one you can talk to, to be unenemied? If someone just whacks a warden dead, im pretty sure they wouldnt know (unless reading the forums apparently) that you can kill the elemental for the security key (which by the way, he is no push over), in order to get to Alakar because Ceria will refuse to speak to you and tell you how to do so, being an enemy and all.

Pretty sure just making Ceria a village leader sounds like a better option.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The best way to handle drunkenness is to trigger the drunken fumble to send ----> !

Which repeats the last order given.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • How did I not know that?