Simple Ideas

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Fine guys, whatever it takes to trick me into having a discussion with someone because of an insanity tell. I just want to have that experience.  :P

Also, on a tangentially related note... One of my favorite things in Achaea was the Universal Membrane (or something like that), which would convey, at random and anonymized, any say being delivered in the game at that moment. It'd be sweet if there was something similar in Lusternia, be it an actual location or a quest reward like the crown that lets you spy on tells. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    They're both referring to Daraius's habitual territory-marking.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • When you spin a harmonics gem that is beneficial, can it please automatically target you when you spin it? Alternatively, allow us to CRYSTALSPIN *GEM* *TARGET* to make it target someone from the outset. Targetting already costs no balance after all.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **

Rivius said:
    How about an option in CFG COLOUR to colour people based on orgs for us serverside?
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Why not let us sell curio pieces or full curios from shops, additionally ikons even? I know it would make life (and fund accumulation) a whole lot easier. I know that you have to trade a curio piece for another piece, but im sure people wont mind if that is tweaked.
  • The problem with trading pieces for gold is that some people can't resist breaking the seconds rule. It was changed because people transferred curios between characters. Making it possible to sell them in shops would only make this worse, most likely.

That said, I fully support selling ikons for gold in shops. It might be difficult though, since they're not physical items, so they'd probably have to rewrite a fair bit of code to make it happen.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    it would be nice to sell off your unwanted curios for gold and not just for another piece. Alternatively, bring back the option to make it easier to rub all your curios when you're done collecting (curio rub curio confirm without having to use each individual number). I have hundreds of random bits that will never be used for anything and I really don't want to spend the forever it would take to build the older curios that no one is collecting/aren't readily available anymore.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ssaliss said:
    The problem with trading pieces for gold is that some people can't resist breaking the seconds rule. It was changed because people transferred curios between characters. Making it possible to sell them in shops would only make this worse, most likely.

That said, I fully support selling ikons for gold in shops. It might be difficult though, since they're not physical items, so they'd probably have to rewrite a fair bit of code to make it happen.
    That abuse is no longer really relevant, though.  What people were doing was turning all of their lessons (and credits, converted into lessons) into curios on their alts, transferring their curios to their mains, and then turning those curios into coins and to spin the Wheel of Fate and get benefits (other artifacts, etc).  Since then, curios can no longer be rubbed into coins and the Wheel has been heavily nerfed, too.

I would like it if the Wheel got un-nerfed, because right now Coins are just a waste of game time and space.  The game can't be as easily flooded with them any more.  One of the main ways to get them is from those dingbat traps, but because they are so worthless the dingbat traps are as well (I haven't touched my trap in ages, I'm not sure how many others do but it cannot be many!).
  • Xenthos said:
    Ssaliss said:
    The problem with trading pieces for gold is that some people can't resist breaking the seconds rule. It was changed because people transferred curios between characters. Making it possible to sell them in shops would only make this worse, most likely.

That abuse is no longer really relevant, though.  What people were doing was turning all of their lessons (and credits, converted into lessons) into curios on their alts, transferring their curios to their mains, and then turning those curios into coins and to spin the Wheel of Fate and get benefits (other artifacts, etc).  Since then, curios can no longer be rubbed into coins and the Wheel has been heavily nerfed, too.

I would like it if the Wheel got un-nerfed, because right now Coins are just a waste of game time and space.  The game can't be as easily flooded with them any more.  One of the main ways to get them is from those dingbat traps, but because they are so worthless the dingbat traps are as well (I haven't touched my trap in ages, I'm not sure how many others do but it cannot be many!).

I wonder how many people out there still have 1000+ days of Estarra truefavors under their belt.

I wouldnt mind if the wheel was unnerfed but there are still some pretty easy (and in my opinion broken) ways to gather coins, one example is treasure maps. People are walking with 20+ treasure maps on them and rather than each being the challenge they were meant to be, these individuals apparently go to the same locations each day and touch the maps. Who up there thought it would be a good idea to make the locations fixed...that is just asking to be abused.
  • If someone destroys one side of an enchanted painting pathway, then can the other painting just drop down dead too? So annoying that one side has to stay up and someone has to come remove it

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Map locations aren't fixed by the way, they change daily

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Map locations aren't fixed by the way, they change daily

The area where a map's treasure is buried will change each day yes, but from what I have heard, each area has the same 1 specific room where the treasure is located. So basically someone would simply have to go to each specific room in those areas and check each map. Is this not true then?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Well, if it is, I've been going about finding my maps all wrong

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I've certainly seen more than one room per area. It's possible it's something that only happens if you have lots of maps, like a list of rooms is selected per month and then each map selects from that list of rooms.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Rivius said:
    Idea resurrection: Cure insanity automatically at the end of wildnodes. Will encourage free participation!
    Might also encourage people to take advantage and astrobash non-org spheres for free.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Isn't linking turned off for all spheres, not just org spheres?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Slight change for the Cay of Cloadahi urn that will allow you to TURN URN <dir>, and you'll either keep turning the urn automatically until it faces that way or it will turn the urn that way in one push. Going through all of the directions possibly seems a bit silly, I mean when am I ever going to push the urn down?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited September 2015
    If you push it up before you get all the elementals? I expect it's mainly to avoid a lock state. I personally just use an alias/trigger combo for the urn (and the bubbles in Lirangsha).

You can theoretically, I think, fill each fountain as you do a set of five elementals rather than doing all fifteen and three at once. I don't know how it interacts with the urn resetting.

This doesn't mean I would object to either of the above changes though!
  • You can do it in sets of five... it's just kind of a pain in the ass to keep track, and you run a much greater risk of the fountains resetting between each one being filled. 
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • While I understand that GOOP will not be made tradeable for business reasons, nor purchaseable in game, but what if we simply made it that someone can buy an aethergoop item for someone else (like artifacts)? This would naturally only be for buying an artifact, and not upgrading, since I think the code for upgrading for someone else may be a bit too difficult.

IF we were to put upgrading for someone else, then I can see it requiring both people to be in the room and the other party requiring to CONFIRM.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I would like to see a quest (like the slivven one that was a monthly thing) that has a once per Lusternian year completion availa8ility that will allow you to get goop for doing the quest, that way it can't be a8used but poor shmucks like me who either didn't have money or underestim8d the importance of goop can still find a way to get it. I dislike snuffling through a pig nose.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    ^ Seconded. Add gold sovereigns in there just for good measure too, please!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I can't believe I forgot about gold! I added it in. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Not sure if it's been brought up, but could there be an influence boost tied in with favours like there exists for damage boosts? Even like a really low boost.

Also, can the figurine rune please work on unenchanted figurines too? It took ages to find an enchanter last time :(
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited September 2015
    I'd like an ITEMLIST FOOD, please! It would be especially helpful if it noted if the food was infused with anything, as well. I don't want to have to lick all the food in my inventory to check, every time.

It'd also be nice to be able to preserve or infuse multiple items at once.