Simple Ideas

Comments

• This one might not be a "simple" idea... but maybe there could be a way for us to browse through the contents of the World Library via the main site? I know I can't always log in, but I still love reading through the scholarly works even when my connection isn't stable enough to stay in the game proper.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Since we already have GUILD RIFT <novice> and GUILD INVENTORY <novice>, can we also get GUILD LIQUIDRIFT <novice>?

• Because it's already covered by Guild RIft novice?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Wooden spikes would be nice as riftable commodities.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Can we add another search value to POWERLOG like you can do with LISTOFFERINGS? Currently you have to use it purely with a numeric place in the file, but I would like to be able to do POWERLOG TREMULA to see only my contributions.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Can we add another search value to POWERLOG like you can do with LISTOFFERINGS? Currently you have to use it purely with a numeric place in the file, but I would like to be able to do POWERLOG TREMULA to see only my contributions.
    This exists. POWERLOG 0 0 TREMULA for today's power changes involving Tremula (both contribution and power drawn), POWERLOG 0 1 TREMULA for yesterday's power changes involving Tremula, POWERLOG 0 1 EMPOWER for yesterday's power changes involving empowering denizens, etc. For a more concise view, do POWERLOG 0 0 SUMMARY and go down the list for the row with your name on it.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lerad said:
    Related to logs, please make listofferings show the latest entries on the top instead of at the end of the MOREs.
    THIS. PLEASE.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    They made it do that for a bit. Then it was determined by players that they could use the command on lengthy offerings logs to lag the entire game.

This is why we cannot have nice things.
  • Not sure how simple this is, but maybe a way to earn experience/essence by utilizing your trade skill? Hunting and influencing are nice and all, but there are quite a few players who prefer to just socialize and be productive.

Maybe a cap on xp gains per IG day, or weave, to prevent people from afk spamming trade skills?
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Could we make it that Czigany coins can be given to someone else and spun? Would make a small market for them (not to mention maybe reduce the credit hoarding).
  • I'd really like to buy coins.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    WHERE ARE THE SOLSTICE CRATES?

• They're heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere
  • When you CREDITS CONVERT <number> TO LESSONS, it should display the number of lessons you will get before you type agree.

This isn't a problem for experienced players, but it could help clarify some things for newer players.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited December 2015
    I would love to be able to have something like the 'aethergoop' command for all artifacts, with a bit of an advancement, to solve some issues I always have:

- What does that do
    - Do I want that
    - What was the syntax for using that

And then, the most important feature I'd love to have is: I got five goop, 80 dingbats and 100 credits, show me the items I can buy for this. And what could I buy when I had 50 credits more?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • HELP ARTIFACTS

HELP ARTIFACTS COMBAT etc

HELP DINGBATS
    HELP DINGBATS JEREMIAH etc
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Create a aetherflare mode for parallax. 

Create a colossus mode for the Klangratch Arena. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @marcella I know those helpfiles make it really hard (for me at least) to find what I'm looking as it's just a big wall of text that I personally find much harder to navigate (as it changes regularly? ) then something that I could actually search without copy&pasting into a text editor, hence my suggestion. Sure, the helpfile works, but aethergoop command shows imo that it can work a little better.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Let trademasters view publically available designs of the type their cartel is for - even if its only a list, rather than access to the entire info.

• One of the biggest things I've struggled with as a player coming from Achaea to Lusternia is the lack of personal landmarks and general crappy autowalking system. Also, the serverside curing.

Achaea has a lot of landmarks, as well as the ability to make your own personal landmarks (up to 5 or 10? iirc). This makes it hella easy to get around and maybe I'm spoiled or something, but I'd like something similar to be implemented in Lusternia.

But the thing that I have the most trouble with? The web client. I'm pretty sure that a lot of new players start out using the web client and they suffer for it due to the shitty serverside curing system. As you're all likely aware, the web client has limited scripting capacity. I'm fairly decent with HTML5 but the triggers I use in Achaea don't work here in Lusternia, no matter how much I fiddle with them.

For instance, let's say I make a trigger that fires STAND whenever I receive the aff message 'AFFLICTED WITH SPRAWLED'. I go to test it, start playing minorsecond on a rockeater. Rockeater knocks me down. The trigger fires.

And I get this: you must regain equilibrium.

To make matters worse, I can't rely on the command queuing ability, because it's locked away behind dozens of stupid combat abilities. That's ridiculous. And targeting mobs is an entirely different story that I'm too tired to get into.

When these issues get fixed, I'll start voting for Lusternia. Until then .. I'm sticking with Achaea.

I really suggest getting Mudlet and the full, free curing system M&MF. I know that's not really a direct solution to the webclient being awful, firstaid being flimsy, or stratagems being high in the Combat skillset. It does solve all of your specific problems, though! M&MF comes with client-side queuing, full combat-capable curing, and the Mudlet mapping suite. Zero dollars!  
  • edited December 2015
    @Yarou I don't want to say "Switch to a better client" but... Yeah.

The lack of automatic server-side curing is a pain, but there are other options out there. As well, the FirstAid ability within Combat Discernment allows you to add afflictions to a server-side queue, which will automatically be cured when that particular balance is available.

Firstaid is in Discernment, but yes! There was a free Firstaid-based system that used affmessages to add to your curing queue, but it's defunct now.
    Maybe separate the "He/she is wearing" part of player descs completely from the rest of it? 
    Eg.
    He is a ferocious loboshigaru <blah>.
    <Hair curios> <favours><others>
    He is wearing:
    <mass of clothing and artifacts>
    Zeleni said:
    Aetolia has it separate sort of like that.  You can use your own descriptions to say how you're wearing it and able to conceal clothing/jewelry (hiding enchantment rings etc) for free. 

(twining down to her thighs in length) : wings of undulating strands

(holding her hair back in a braid) : a feathery, red scintilily

(tangled in her hair) : an elegant mithril circlet set with emberite

(hanging from her hip) : a pair of djerite claws

(pushed too far up her nose) : a pair of thin, black-rimmed glasses

Oh wow. Being able to customize things this way is really, really nice.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited December 2015
    I know that person somehow. Is that Arbre or Eleanor ?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.