Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Doesn't matter. I'm done.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited April 2015
    If you want to have a discussion about how to fix raid mechanics so this issue doesn't crop up, I am all ears, and have envoy slots open. I am willing to discuss any option to change how shitty and annoying these raids are, how meaningless they are, and how something should've been changed years ago.

If you want to persist in your terrible actions, I wish you the best of luck.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Qistrel said:

Sometimes I wonder if Lusternia is even worth the effort anymore.

Not sure if I can help you, but I'll give it a try. (also @Riluna) :)

Focus on the things in game that are fun for you or give you pleasure in some way or another. Avoid those that frustrate or annoy you. In the end, this game is what you make of it.

Should you bother then? If you take more frustration out of the game than it gives you pleasure, then no, you shouldn't. Life time is a finite thing. There are plenty of things in life already that are or will be frustrating or annoying, that you simply have to do and where you don't have a choice.

But you do have a choice in how and with which game you spend your spare time. So do something that's fun for you. :)
  • Qistrel said:

Sometimes I wonder if Lusternia is even worth the effort anymore.

Not sure if I can help you, but I'll give it a try. (also @Riluna) :)

Focus on the things in game that are fun for you or give you pleasure in some way or another. Avoid those that frustrate or annoy you. In the end, this game is what you make of it.

Should you bother then? If you take more frustration out of the game than it gives you pleasure, then no, you shouldn't. Life time is a finite thing. There are plenty of things in life already that are or will be frustrating or annoying, that you simply have to do and where you don't have a choice.

But you do have a choice in how and with which game you spend your spare time. So do something that's fun for you. :)

I do appreciate your thoughts! But for me, the feeling of investment isn't always so easy to dismiss. At the risk of sounding ranty, I personally feel like this isn't remotely the same game I played 8 years ago, and a most of the parts that haven't changed are the things that really should have. The parts that are fun for me feel like they're slipping away a little more every year. If this were the Lusternia I first experienced, I honestly really doubt I would have ever stuck around.

But every once in a while some people do remind me what is, and always has been, amazing here. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Man, people should play the game the way they want to play it. If you want to sit there and raid when the only defenders are people you beat easily, then more power to you, but don't be indignant or insulted when people call you out on that. I've never seen @Taevyn raid like he does during the times Silvanus called him out on during my prime playing times, yet I see him in domoths, astral bashes (like the one we interrupted a couple days ago), raid defenses (like the etherwilde defense against Celina/Lerad/Illidaen) and he has yet to really pull the same stuff at that time. I did see him one morning when I skipped out of work and popped in, but he quit pretty quickly after dying once. Actions are louder than words, and it's pretty obvious Taevyn likes to pick on Arcanis (not that I blame him, Arcanis definitely deserves to be picked on), but at least own up to it. 

It's pretty clear there's one set of balls in the North Alliance and that belongs to Kelly, because without Kelly, not very much happens. We joke around about it a lot. If Celest is blocked from a domoth, we can upgrade with only 1 or 2 people because Seren/Halli doesn't even bother to check.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Just another one of the many fighters in the game who only jump in when they're at a clear advantage. The kind that's literally been around for years.

Nothing new.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    In his defense, he has tried to solo me in Etherseren. It didn't end well for him, which I assume is why he hasn't tried since, but I do want to be fair to him. To be clear, I don't know anything about his raiding tendencies, but he's definitely not Elanorwen level of only PKing when it's a clear landslide (I'm sure I'll get flagged for that but the truth isn't always nice!). He has died and come back repeatedly when I've raided.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:

In his defense, he has tried to solo me in Etherseren. It didn't end well for him, which I assume is why he hasn't tried since, but I do want to be fair to him. To be clear, I don't know anything about his raiding tendencies, but he's definitely not Elanorwen level of only PKing when it's a clear landslide (I'm sure I'll get flagged for that but the truth isn't always nice!). He has died and come back repeatedly when I've raided.

Oh, noes... someone rush me to the burn unit.

I'm going to say only this... you people seem to insist that I suck, then complain that I don't fight as much as you'd like me to. Get your facts straight... I either suck... or I fight a lot... if you try and convince me that I suck, then I won't be bothering to fight you... because I'm clearly so horribad.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I didn't say you suck or you fight a lot (though it is entirely possible for both to be true). I just cited you as an example a really low risk PKer. Not so much a burn the truth. 
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    K, let me lay down some actual truth. Whenever you see Elanorwen avoiding combat, it's because she's at work. Otherwise, when she's at home and with her system, she is ALWAYS on the ball with the rest of us, and even though she complains and bitches (a lot sometimes), she still sticks it through until people are collectively ready to quit. I don't even want to hear this low-risk crap from the lowbie-midbie griefer.

Celina said:

I didn't say you suck or you fight a lot (though it is entirely possible for both to be true). I just cited you as an example a really low risk PKer. Not so much a burn the truth. 

More like opinion than truth. But either way, I have nothing to prove to you so this conversation is officially over. Tah.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Must be pretty relaxed work when I see her domothing or helping defend raids during the day then.

I wish my work was that relaxed.
  • Heh. I wish I was even allowed to carry a cellphone during my working hours, let alone sit at a desk working on a computer.
  • I was told Lusternia was like a big family, we must be the Jacksons.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
    Shhh don't tell my manager
    Shuyin said:

Must be pretty relaxed work when I see her domothing or helping defend raids during the day then.

I wish my work was that relaxed.

If I'm domothing or helping defend raids during the day, I'm usually running off telnet (Mostly because we have port 23 blocked at work and I have to SSH out to another location then telnet from there to Lusty). Pretty sure it's obvious when that happens because it's rather hard to miss when someone is hitting firstaid to cure as opposed to having a system doing stuff for them. And even then, I will go in and keep at it until I die 2-3 times before I pull back out. These days I'm online more from work than I am from home, too... but eh... whatever. I'm a low-risk player and all that.

edited April 2015
    Maligorn said:

K, let me lay down some actual truth. Whenever you see Elanorwen avoiding combat, it's because she's at work. Otherwise, when she's at home and with her system, she is ALWAYS on the ball with the rest of us, and even though she complains and bitches (a lot sometimes), she still sticks it through until people are collectively ready to quit. I don't even want to hear this low-risk crap from the lowbie-midbie griefer.

Lol, I'm an equal opportunity greifer. I'll (attempt to) grief anyone that steps up to the plate or gives me the opportunity. I don't target anyone in particular, it just so happens that lowbies/midbies step up more than the others, and good for them! Wonder why that is! But anyways, I just pointed her out for something I assumed she already knew as a comparison since people were jumping on Taevyn for doing less. I didn't realize this was a point of dispute. Rose colored glasses for some I guess! Or alliance colored glasses, IDK. 
    'cause you've PKed with Elanorwen before, so much. Damn Celina, your sources are so fresh, where'd you get them from.

Oh it's just so satisfying when they walk right into it and I don't have to lead them.

Elanorwen won't fight me because of Shuck. You can search the forums for the quote! 
    I mean with, as in literally with. On the same side. Fighting with her.

I didn't realize I had to PK on someone's side to have an awareness about how they PK. That's a new rule! Must have happened while I was out. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited April 2015
    Celina did PK with Elanorwen when we were all in Glom......

That being said, I could always get Elanorwen to join me in a fight with poor odds, but I've also seen her ragequit plenty of times as well.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Well I mean, it may not be "nice," to say it but it's certainly not an insult to say someone doesn't take risks in PK. I might think it's lame and boring but I also personally care how she or anyone plays if that's how they want to play. At work, crappy system, lag, op illuminati, blah blah whatever who cares. The point was there are more low risk PKers than Taevyn.
    Oh. Well for me personally, being a fairweather fighter is one of the worst things you can be. So -I- took it as an insult to a friend. My bad.

edited April 2015
    I'm a moody RPer. Some days I can't be bothered to give a crap. It is what it is. This is a game, unless someone say "how you play sucks I hate you," it's probably not an insult. You can't really insult how people play a game.
  • edited April 2015
    Taevyn said:

So, you tell me about how actions are not making people want to play, yet proceed to try and dictate the way I am supposed to do things?

I don't raid all the time. I go weeks without raiding sometimes. I raid at times that are reasonable for me. I will not be told how I am supposed to play a game, and I won't stand for being insulted over a public forum.

I didn't go back, because, you know, when you get knocked off equilibrium for 9 seconds due to ripple, it kinda means I can't do anything. I achieved what I set out to, and I am happy about it. Sorry that, you know, unlike some people who sit in manses all day and do nothing, even if their planes are being raided, I had things to do.

Are you also telling me, that, Arcanis' continual shit with setting fire to Glomdoring and cutting down it's trees is not affecting them? And yet, the only person you seem to insult here is myself. All I can see is you standing by and letting that happen with not a care in the world. Oh don't tell me, 'it's just Arcanis doing his thing' Like everyone else says, because you continue to make posts doing nothing but utterly bitch about me raiding at times that are reasonable to ME, and not about other peoples problems, nor do you seem to even express care in the slightest.

And teenagers with something to prove over the internet? Looks like you haven't grown up at all, to me.

Wait wait, hold up. I never understood why all the woes of the Basin somehow become your problem. "Arcanis raided glomdoring. I shall avenge!". Why the frick are you even fighting for them? From my experiences with you, you simply try to find -any- excuse you can to just get your own agenda. You think throwing flame sigiled salt packs around Nil and Earth was somehow a justified response? You've been showing yourself as nothing but an annoying child for the past few months. You even use whatever excuse you can to "send a message" to an 'enemy' to try and bully them. Only 4 days ago you sent Ikini her ear through a dirigible.

My actions actually had some reason to them, if you had bothered asking around, and when Silvanus approached me about it, I understood he was getting a headache from the cries and decided i'll stop for now. Was I attempting to be a nuisance? No, but did my actions portray that? Perhaps. I was actually attempting to attack the org itself for a justified reason, as I believe all actions have consequences and Glom suddenly deciding to swap ships should not have been taken lightly. I however was cutting trees and setting on fire. I think I only maybe killed 2 people, and both assaulted me first. Not that im trying to defend myself here, but im trying to show you how my actions were focused on an actual political purpose, while yours are simply to grief for the sake of griefing.

Edit: And it isnt even about you trying to enhance your combatant skills. You -clearly- have shown you try to find the 'easy way out' with combat. You went cantor to try and build up on it's then Princessfarewell destroying capability, much like Draylor and Daebach before you. When it was known there was an obvious bug with Aeon not curing first from steam, your raiding trippled with you trying to get easy kills, after the change happened, you vanished for a time and even changed class back to Knight. What do you think this says about you?
    Is this even real.

"You've been showing yourself as nothing but an annoying child for the past few months. You even use whatever excuse you can to "send a message" to an 'enemy' to try and bully them."

"I however was cutting trees and setting on fire."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Cantors nowadays have it so easy. In my day, we had to go tarot or spam pfarewell to stick the aeon.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.