Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Niico said:

I...I don't think Glomdoring is toxic at all. Everyone has been super nice in character, and the few times we've had to go out of character for triggers/coding information, everyone's still just as nice. The only rude people I see come from Magnagora, to be honest.

NO nation is ``toxic'' by intrinsic nature.  Each is a product of their citizens.  Some have risen and some have fallen, but hopefully the culture inspired by their Divine and surviving members survives and thrives.  Being ``nice'' to ``novices'' and ``youth'' and ``patriots'' always be one of the universal characteristics.  Some nations might have a trouble now and then, but none should have any pathological trouble.

You go, you!
    </RANT>
  • Elanorwen said:

Niico said:

I...I don't think Glomdoring is toxic at all. Everyone has been super nice in character, and the few times we've had to go out of character for triggers/coding information, everyone's still just as nice. The only rude people I see come from Magnagora, to be honest.

Every org has its rude people... saying that they all come from the same place is incorrect.
    Some orgs seem to have a greater concentration, however. For instance, out of my 19 deaths total, 17 came from Mags. The other two were Tedd during his Seren days back in 2010.
  • Niico said:

Screw you, jerk!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited April 2015
    There are three kinds of people in Lusternia: the kind of people who are here for interaction, the kind of people who are here because they have small genitals and need to push others around to feel better, and Shaddus-Alts.

In every org, you'll find good people and bad people, and often other people's concepts of which someone is can change depending on your org. For instance, all my characters are highly respected and loved in their own org, but the opposing org sees them as the next coming of Kethuru.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Well. I wouldn't say that Serenwilde has an atmosphere that produces 'rude' characters, it does attract a particular kind of player, due to its "pitch" during character creation. Each org tends to have a slightly different version of the same effect. I know that when I played in Glomdoring, a big part of novice upbringing revolved around introducing new players into more nuanced gameplay, steering them away from problematic (and simplistic) readings of the opening lore. I remember that Gaudi had HUGE problems with players joining and being OOC because "Insanity and cHaoS!!!!1!!!1".
  • Giraffe speedo?
  • Annick said:

Giraffe speedo?

DId you want one?
    Or did you want to a see a guy in one?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Tylwyth said:

Annick said:

Giraffe speedo?

DId you want one?

You must not know Annick.

The answer to both questions is yes.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Tylwyth said:

Annick said:

Giraffe speedo?

DId you want one?

You must not know Annick.

The answer to both questions is yes.

Ummm the proper answer is explicative yes
  • Scoff. Giraffe speedos, how unsubtle.

8410    RCA           Beds          a gigantic banana hammock

*preen*
  • Uh that's a bed a nothing I can wear
  • I need to learn verbosity.
  • Damut said:

I need to learn verbosity.

Come now, you do quite well. ^_^ I love interacting with you.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    I just realised I've been saying "Mantakeen" as opposed to "Manteekan" the whole time I've been playing Lusternia.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    You and me both. And so have a lot of other people based on logs/posts. :D

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I keep thinking of it as Man-teekin'.  The very macho version of going antiquing.
  • Tarkenton said:

I keep thinking of it as Man-teekin'.  The very macho version of going antiquing.

I just think of Manray. At least yours is better than mine.

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Shaddus said:

I just realised I've been saying "Mantakeen" as opposed to "Manteekan" the whole time I've been playing Lusternia.

Is that not how it's pronounced?

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Could I please have one day in which no one tries to ruin Nikka's life? Thanks.

• Qistrel said:

Could I please have one day in which no one tries to ruin Nikka's life? Thanks.

As Syrennia's motto says (or did say? I forget if I changed it :S) - "Their will shall break beneath the Chains." - Get to using them chains! Kill kill.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited April 2015
    Dear off-peak "raiders",

If you want to be taken seriously, try to raid during prime time. Otherwise, your "victories" are as empty as clearing the Aslaran/Krokani in the Grey Moors.

Xoxo

PS

Hi, Serenwilde. We'll respond in kind.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:

Dear off-peak "raiders",

If you want to be taken seriously, try to raid during prime time. Otherwise, your "victories" are as empty as clearing the Aslaran/Krokani in the Grey Moors.

Xoxo

PS

Hi, Serenwilde. We'll respond in kind.

Dearest other side of the world,

Stop having all your defenders log in during my off-peak hours and avoiding my on-peak raids with this silly thing called sleep you keep doing.

Oxox.

• Dear Serenwilders who feel the need to bring two demigods to kill someone who is level 78 (now level 77.8), impaling AND slowing him in the process when all he's trying to do is recoup the losses you caused while raiding for the past hour when only him and Athree were on to defend, I hope you get indigestion.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    To be entirely fair, I cleaned out prime Seren first. Just roll with the punches!
  • Niico said:

Dear Serenwilders who feel the need to bring two demigods to kill someone who is level 78 (now level 77.8), impaling AND slowing him in the process when all he's trying to do is recoup the losses you caused while raiding for the past hour when only him and Athree were on to defend, I hope you get indigestion.

Indigestion is cured by pepto ... You want to wish for explosive diarrhea
  • Yeah, I was the only defender of Serenwilde at the time. Hopefully I can sort out this Twist thing so I get less ***ked by it in the future. I would have come back to die some more, but I happen to like enjoying the game more than throwing myself at a wall. :)
  • Baby bend over ... Let me see you do that yoga
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    All I'm saying is there needs to be a tae'dae version of this:

https://www.facebook.com/frankmedrano99/videos/835002793228641

(thank you to the mysterious person who linked this to me in the first place)

This discussion has been closed.