Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Yeah, like, I thought it was a bit much until they went 'Celina did it first.' Sorry @Nicco, we all know you're Celina's apprentice, so I rather suspect they're actually gunning for you. :(

If it makes you feel any better, long ago, I once threw such a big fit about getting jumped by Glom all the time that I made Estarra take notice and suggest some changes to Avenger. Or something. I forget, fortunately I was told I was super-over-reacting as usual and nothing ever came of it.

Not sure if helping.

• Qistrel said:

So many tattoo idea, so little cartel.

I'm not using mine, do you want in? I've got three slots available. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    They hit us. We hit them. Sometimes there's a good fight that happens. Other times not. Xp can be regained (bug Tark IC), but when you get to the point where they bail because you show up, you'll know that greatest feeling ever.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Woa Woa I wouldn't say I did it "first." I log on to daily dead daughters and God mobs at obscure hours of the day. Then those people hide in their holes while I'm logged in. This was more a lesson Griefer 101: anything you can grief, I can grief better.
  • PvP requires no justification beyond the simple fact that it is allowed.  Now stop crying with excuses and go slaughter each other! I'll be cringing in the back shouting ``NO! NOT IN THE FACE!'' if anyone needs me.
    </RANT>
  • Tarkenton said:

They hit us. We hit them. Sometimes there's a good fight that happens. Other times not. Xp can be regained (bug Tark IC), but when you get to the point where they bail because you show up, you'll know that greatest feeling ever.

You already helped me so much, and I feel bad relying on other people for levels. I had finally gotten a lot done on my own, even helping Cercis out along the way, and was proud I'd gotten the level by myself after grinding out the "safe" places (orcs, ur'dead, elemental, inner sea, spectres, balach) for ages. Then in three deaths it was gone and I was a day of work back, easily. Next time I'm half the defending force, I'm waiting for Celina to log in.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Psh. Helping is what I do. I'm all about player retention, and people getting involved in pvp. So fine, I'll hit you up :p
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Niico said:

Tarkenton said:

You already helped me so much, and I feel bad relying on other people for levels. I had finally gotten a lot done on my own, even helping Cercis out along the way, and was proud I'd gotten the level by myself after grinding out the "safe" places (orcs, ur'dead, elemental, inner sea, spectres, balach) for ages. Then in three deaths it was gone and I was a day of work back, easily. Next time I'm half the defending force, I'm waiting for Celina to log in.
    Don't give up, man. No mercy!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

I just realised I've been saying "Mantakeen" as opposed to "Manteekan" the whole time I've been playing Lusternia.

Qistrel said:

You and me both. And so have a lot of other people based on logs/posts. :D

Me too! I keep having to stop delete and rewrite his name.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited April 2015
    Is Mantakeen a thing from somewhere else, or just a weird switcheroo that seems to be happening in people's brains? Like when people say marscapone instead of mascarpone.

(I'm sure there's something my linguistics background that would shed some light on the matter)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Wait it's not marscapone?
    For some reason I keep thinking he made mantekarrs, so I kept calling him mantekeen.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Daraius said:

Is Mantakeen a thing from somewhere else, or just a weird switcheroo that seems to be happening in people's brains? Like when people say marscapone instead of mascarpone.

(I'm sure there's something my linguistics background that would shed some light on the matter)

Can't tell, googl'e not helping.

• Celina said:

Woa Woa I wouldn't say I did it "first." I log on to daily dead daughters and God mobs at obscure hours of the day. Then those people hide in their holes while I'm logged in. This was more a lesson Griefer 101: anything you can grief, I can grief better.

I don't care who started it. I don't mind defending against it. In fact, I like @Celina attacking cause I learn something new each time.

Just don't expect me to die repeatedly for some text mobs when I am the only one around. My enjoyment is more important than some text crying for help.
    Allehnon said:

Celina said:

I don't care who started it. I don't mind defending against it. In fact, I like @Celina attacking cause I learn something new each time.

Just don't expect me to die repeatedly for some text mobs when I am the only one around. My enjoyment is more important than some text crying for help.
    This here is the absolute truth that I and many others should remember from time to time.

Especially the bottom part.
  • Are...are voluntary karma curses a thing? I don't know in what cases all of them would be useful, but I could really see a high ranking commune member letting one of the littler members curse them and helping them out with their xp gains. Sure, you have to die once, but then the person can keep the curse as long as they like, and essentially funnel experience into someone.

Would such a thing stack with the lower member having a karma blessing of harmony, or maybe a goldentonic? From what I've seen you all say, it looks like karma curses are pretty much worthless (due to the ease of removing them), so could this be something viable?
    Niico said:

Are...are voluntary karma curses a thing? I don't know in what cases all of them would be useful, but I could really see a high ranking commune member letting one of the littler members curse them and helping them out with their xp gains. Sure, you have to die once, but then the person can keep the curse as long as they like, and essentially funnel experience into someone.

Would such a thing stack with the lower member having a karma blessing of harmony, or maybe a goldentonic? From what I've seen you all say, it looks like karma curses are pretty much worthless (due to the ease of removing them), so could this be something viable?
    The admin have specifically banned people from letting you leech xp intentionally. I'm not sure why, but they said no.
  • Niico said:

Are...are voluntary karma curses a thing? I don't know in what cases all of them would be useful, but I could really see a high ranking commune member letting one of the littler members curse them and helping them out with their xp gains. Sure, you have to die once, but then the person can keep the curse as long as they like, and essentially funnel experience into someone.

I was thinking about just this....

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Daraius said:

I think it's the latter. I've done both of these! I said "marscapone" my whole life up until a baking class like two years ago now, and everyone else I knew said it the same way. And I always said it "Mantakeen" until people were all saying Manteekan had returned over and over, and I thought, "What, that name is wrong, isn't it? Let's check honours... oh, hmm."

Clearly we need an event with an imposter Mantakeen.

Bruh. Bruh.

If you're 150+ years old and CR1, don't talk crap like you know what's going on.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Man, Crek is finally back in Glomdoring. The rift in Lusternia equilibrium has finally been mended.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited April 2015
    Traitorous bastardo. Viravain won't let me give him stank face though. THE LIFE OF A SCYTHE IS SO HARD.

p.s. Using karma curses to leech xp from allied to gain levels will get the shrubbed hardcore. Don't try it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:

Bruh. Bruh.

If you're 150+ years old and CR1, don't talk crap like you know what's going on.

This guy also has a really keen desire to learn more about Morgfyre.  Like, specifically asking a ton of questions about Morgfyre (and not any of the other traitors).  Hmmm.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    That's because Morgfyre is the best.

I can't wait till he eats Fain to take Leader of the Twelve Eleven
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @Crek ....Creeeeeeeeeeek. Noooooooooooo. :(:(:(

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Lavinya said:

@Crek ....Creeeeeeeeeeek. Noooooooooooo. :(:(:(

Sad to see him go, but I know he's happier in Glom with Viravain.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Celina said:

Traitorous bastardo.

He isn't ask you wife about it.

• Xenthos said:

Shaddus said:

Bruh. Bruh.

This guy also has a really keen desire to learn more about Morgfyre.  Like, specifically asking a ton of questions about Morgfyre (and not any of the other traitors).  Hmmm.
    Hmm, I was gonna say he could have slept for most of that, but...
    ....well, I 'm more curious who shaddus's alt is.

edited April 2015
    Tylwyth said:

Xenthos said:

Shaddus said:

Bruh. Bruh.

Hmm, I was gonna say he could have slept for most of that, but...
    ....well, I 'm more curious who shaddus's alt is.
    I'm secretly Celina's athame.
This discussion has been closed.