Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Ventidius said:
    Anyone can remove pathways. I wont say how because the hatemail would kill me.
    What do you mean? Planar is available to absolutely everybody.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

The idea is generally that you wouldn't be able to see where they are or where they go to unravel them. The way to do it is probably to wander around trying until you snag one you otherwise can't interact with, to destroy it indiscriminently .
  • Nooo little novices, why do you poof after I dump thousands of gold on your supplies? =((
  • Milune said:
    Nooo little novices, why do you poof after I dump thousands of gold on your supplies? =((
    Novices: Lusternia's secret gold sink since 200 ACE
  • Joke's on them, I don't even care about my gold.
  • edited January 2015
    /me takes unwanted gold.
  • It's not that I don't want it - I just don't care about it. I watch it go up, I watch it go down. In the end it's just another number to watch move.
  • If you could tell me that my application is rejected for a IC year that would be great, rather than wondering what is taking so long.
    The playa you love to hate
  • That's kinda sad, orgs shouldn't screw around with applications like that. Just my dumb opinion though
  • Is wanting a Totems spec just too much to ask for?
    The playa you love to hate
  • Wait... what? You have to apply for a totems spec?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    With regards to Drakius, I'm sorry that happened, more sorry I only just found out about it at the same time you did. ._.

As another tweet, good luck @Ileein!
  • Not sure if it was related or not, but...

Ileein has been bested in battle by a Forsaken warrior.
    You see the death occur at passing under the broken portcullis.

• edited January 2015
    Clearly trying to get back into the swing of things was a horrible mistake. Literally everything I tried doing ended in death. I hate being squishy and incapable.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Obviously you aren't drunk enough.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The Serenwilde induction process is pretty broken. Attempts have been made to streamline it, and some things have changed (believe it or not, it used to be harder). I like the Xenophobia is entails, but too many people have too much of a say.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Now we know why Serenwilde struggles
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ileein said:
    Clearly trying to get back into the swing of things was a horrible mistake. Literally everything I tried doing ended in death. I hate being squishy and incapable.
    Dude just work on your lecture.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Munsia said:
    Now we know why Serenwilde struggles
    There is more than one reason. This one is nothing.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • The problem with this level of xenophobia is that it alienates other players and potentially drives people away from the game. Our population isn't the greatest as is.

Serenwilde, and many of its practices, are destructive to the game as a whole, and I had honestly hoped they would have changed for the better by now.

Believe it or not, Svana actually tried to make amends with Serenwilde once. She honestly and wholeheartedly extended the olive branch in an attempt to seek peace, but there was no peace to be found. It went so far that a particularly obnoxious Seren spent the max amount of gold an item in a shop can be priced at to buy the customized sword I was storing, just so he could let it decay. Serenwilde not only harboured people like this, but actively supported them, (Let's not forget all the newbie killing and griefing. Much of what Svana did in the past was to give Seren a taste of their own medicine). After the tenth time using the guild champion RESCUE on some random novice to save them while they're bashing orcs or spawns or whatever, one tends to get frustrated.

Svana, as a character, hates Serenwilde more than could possibly hate anything else. I, as a player, think the org is toxic.
  • @Svana the bigger issue is you're looking at two different Serenwildes, in your statement alone. The org has never, ever been united for more than brief moments. It attracts a lot of 'special snowflakes', or, those who are not interested in any character development or RP beyond their own immediate pleasure, and they're all trying to do their own thing. For some, that thing is being a dick. Every one represents a Serenwilde that doesn't exist.

They never agree. All the different Serenwildes bicker among each other, constantly. Some of the Serenwildes do redeem it, though. A few of the people there are just that awesome. :) It's not entirely toxic.

• There are good people in Serenwilde, I'll admit that... but back when I actively dealt with serenwilde, you never heard from them. It was always people praising the obnoxious ones for 'fighting for the Wilde!', even if that 'fighting' meant attacking novices repeatedly, dreamweaving people who are just barely out of novicehood, or other random acts of silliness.

The moment anyone did anything back to Serenwilde, complaints would burst out of the gates like a flood, condemning us for picking on an org with low population. It was a frustrating lose-lose situation, and honestly some of us stopped trying to find a middle ground.

These days it seems Serenwilde has a bigger population, which is nice, but still many of their older practices remain. Obnoxious entry process for people who aren't enemied, praising and supporting people for raiding when there are no defenders, etc etc etc.

I had honestly hoped for better.
    Too often, an org that rises to the top of activity forgets where it was. Glomdoring did the same thing.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2015
    Trololo, yelled at for not kicking people out enough, wait a little while, yelled at for not letting people in enough.

@Riluna is right, there just isn't much centraility/unity, partly due to a lack of unifying principle.
    F'ai Serenwilde. Nothing matters but Serenwilde. Glory be to Mother Moon.
  • Enyalida said:
    Trololo, yelled at for not kicking people out enough, wait a little while, yelled at for not letting people in enough.

@Riluna is right, there just isn't much centraility/unity, partly due to a lack of unifying principle.
    I don't recall ever yelling at anyone, but if I did, I'd yell at them because they aren't using enough common sense. Most people will listen to reason when you ask them politely to stop doing something, be that no-risk raids or newbie killing or whatever. Those who don't listen can always be reprimanded or, in the worst case, removed. Svana stopped chopping Serenwilde ages ago because of pressure from the Freedom Council, so it -does- work.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I never see real vet's join Seren, is the problem. You have newbies running the circus. 
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2015
    Enyalida/Rivius don't yell loud enough at the commune (because half of them would start crying). I don't think Sondayga was a yeller. Nejii is gone. Don't know if Asmodea was ever relevant. Rika suicided. Those are the only big Seren names I know.

This discussion has been closed.