Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Wow, I never expected it to be hard to find a candidate who is preparing and motivated for DEATH seal in MAGNAGORA.

What the crap?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited February 2015
    Maligorn said:

Silvanus said:

I am so confused as how people can come to conclusions like these.

I think someone needs to take a break on the forum RP and focus on things within their own control before it continues to devolve to blanket statements insulting 1/6th of the population.

(If you're still not getting it, I'm saying the shitty part of Mag is the loudest and it's reflecting for everyone to see regardless of what everyone else is like there. Sorry not sorry for putting pressure on you OOC via forums to change that.)
    The irony in this quote

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Man, if I'm the loudest and shittiest part of Hallifax, then we're in really good shape!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm sure Mag feels the same way you do

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:

Silvanus said:

I am so confused as how people can come to conclusions like these.

I think someone needs to take a break on the forum RP and focus on things within their own control before it continues to devolve to blanket statements insulting 1/6th of the population.

(If you're still not getting it, I'm saying the shitty part of Mag is the loudest and it's reflecting for everyone to see regardless of what everyone else is like there. Sorry not sorry for putting pressure on you OOC via forums to change that.)
    Ditto to every org in the Basin.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    My laptop semi-died of sorts during that absolve, and I didn't die. From someone elses log, it seems at no point was I being attacked. Thanks guys!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ixion said:

Wow, I never expected it to be hard to find a candidate who is preparing and motivated for DEATH seal in MAGNAGORA.

What the crap?

@Leolamins will be quietly crying at work, I'm sure, especially knowing Kelly and Malarious are already out of the running.

• Ixion said:

Wow, I never expected it to be hard to find a candidate who is preparing and motivated for DEATH seal in MAGNAGORA.

What the crap?

I have to work like everyone else -.- unless I get a phone call saying I do not have to go in.. but since I started working at this place in November, they have only ever called me off ONCE so I do not see this happening =\
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Y'know, we could always let people with boots make pathways too.

Then you'd see them everywhere.
    Akyaevin said:

Y'know, we could always let people with boots make pathways too.

Then you'd see them everywhere.
    I'd buy boots just so I could say no to people asking me to help make them, unless it's someone like Kelly or Rivius. Or maybe even Ixion,
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I can't follow half of these arguments because I have no idea what absolving even is.

• In short:

Domoths have three levels. Claiming bumps a domoth up a level, absolving drops it down a level. You can only absolve from the opposing domoth, and only if it has a higher level. If it's a tie in levels, Ascendant with the same seal > Ascendant > Demigod. Not sure if the "Ascendant with seal" means VA that has a seal or if it has to be a TA raised from that seal, but I'm guessing the latter.
  • I kinda wish there was a merchant god sometimes :(
  • Ssaliss said:

In short:

Domoths have three levels. Claiming bumps a domoth up a level, absolving drops it down a level. You can only absolve from the opposing domoth, and only if it has a higher level. If it's a tie in levels, Ascendant with the same seal > Ascendant > Demigod. Not sure if the "Ascendant with seal" means VA that has a seal or if it has to be a TA raised from that seal, but I'm guessing the latter.

To clarify: you cannot absolve if the other domoth has a higher level. And it doesn't check Ascendancy and the like only on ties - rather, they increase your effective level (so an Ascendant holding an Orb can absolve a Demigod holding a Crown, and a Demigod holding a Crown cannot absolve an Ascendant holding a Crown). And yes, I'm pretty sure you need to be the TA from that seal, not a VA Sealholder.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    People need to stop getting themselves in trouble, especially when talking to them had opened up some neat RP ideas :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:

People need to stop getting themselves in trouble, especially when talking to them had opened up some neat RP ideas :( .

You can still have fun with those ideas, you just might also get Everiine into trouble along the way. ;)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Not the kind of trouble I'm talking about. And, really, Ev never gets himself into trouble. That's all vicious propaganda spread by anti-forestal folk seeking to smear his good name.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • You say, "Strike that from the record, Cleo."
    A gnomish clockwork stenographer exclaims, "But...there's nothing to strike from the record yet!"

I am the proud owner of a gnomish stenographer. It is awesome!

Nearly whimsical looking, this clockwork stenographer features mechanical art and wonder within its 
    glass-domed base. Within the glass, a chubby gnomish figurine moves about with the ticking of the 
    clockwork, wielding a large quill in one hand and holding onto the desk with the other. Beside the 
    desk is an equally large ink pot, filled to the brim with a few differently coloured inks. A little 
    panel bolted to the front instructs the user to insert blank letters for transcription, turn the 
    bronze crank on the side for more time, and that any thieves should watch out as they may be stabbed.
    True enough, closer inspection of the glass casing reveals a small hole just wide enough for the 
    quill to be poked through.
    It weighs about 10 pounds.

It has a tiny figurine gnome inside doing the writing. Love it!
  • Ssaliss said:

I kinda wish there was a merchant god sometimes :(

We can just wait until he mysteriously appears from the void too :)

#forumrp
  • Or y'all can just let me Ascend already, and I'll try to cross the Immandivinus again. It's worth a shot, right?
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yarith said:

On rifts.
    ~~~~~~

Rifts aren't owned by anyone. They don't have to be there. No one owns them. 
    If you want to make them great.
    If you want to break them great.

If you are really getting mad over them being removed to the point where you have to insult or upset someone else OOCly then I think you need to take a step back.

Rifts are a convenience. If there was meant to be a super easy way to get somewhere they'd have a perm rift or other super easy way to get there. 

In the end this is a game and this a game I am sure wasn't made to be easy. Else we would have super easy perma rifts everywhere. 

Just don't let your emotions get to a point where you upset people entirely out of the game 'cause of something in it and that goes for all things.

Apply that to Pathways too and we could've just saved the last 5 pages of Tweets from ever happening.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited February 2015
    POLITICS NEWS #4822
    Date: 2/8/2015 at 18:05
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Aslaran-Krokani Feud

In the Grey Moors, the aslaran of Shanthmark once again clash with the krokani of Paavik, as their
    ancient racial feud reasserts itself. No longer caring about the politics of the Basin, Shanthmark
    declares itself free and no longer under the sphere of influence of the Holy Principality of New
    Celest, and Paavik declares itself free and no longer under the sphere of influence of the Free
    Alliance of Serenwilde.

POLITICS NEWS #4823
    Date: 2/8/2015 at 18:15
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Political Upheaval in the Village of Shanthmark

This day, the Village of Shanthmark has pledged its support and resources to the Holy Principality
    of New Celest.

-----

I thought the entire bloody point of a grace period was to remove the idea of quick/instant revolt gains, and yet it seems Celest has for the past 3 revolts gained villages in no time flat as it seems they are winning it in one wave+, simply by use of a certain someone's multitude of Lirangsha mist artifact (resets influenced mobs to be influenced again). Either make the artifact not work on village mobs and accept all the decries about their purchases, since a 'pay to win' function for a game-wide event feature in a game designed around fair play was an extremely foolish idea, and frankly I thought Lusternia was better than that, or make it that using a mist puts all other mists on cooldown, thus making one able to only use 1 at a time and not 3+ on the same mob. Other than that, this has become an obvious joke of a mechanic.
    edited February 2015
    Good thing that's not how it happened.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Not entirely sure how we slammed through Shanthmark so quickly, but I'm fairly sure that we only had two mists in play in the village... and the only one that got used was when Adaeze opened up, I got her, misted just the once, and then got her again.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited February 2015
    If an organization goes into a village unopposed, they will win it in 10 minutes (or less).  Especially when it's peaced (all mobs are worth 2x the influence points, unpeaced you need to use Crusade to make them worth that much).  They are designed that way.  If they used a mist, it was a waste of a mist; they'd have been able to win with less than a full round of influencing anyways (unopposed, with peace / crusade, you can win by taking about 70-80% of the village's mobs).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    There's also the possibility that Celest has been working on their feelings.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Xenthos said:

If an organization goes into a village unopposed, they will win it in 10 minutes (or less).  Especially when it's peaced (all mobs are worth 2x the influence points, unpeaced you need to use Crusade to make them worth that much)  They are designed that way.  If they used a mist, it was a waste of a mist; they'd have been able to win with less than a full round of influencing anyways (unopposed, with peace / crusade, you can win by taking about 70-80% of the village's mobs).

You can't crusade in peaced villages anymore, but, basically what he said.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Silvanus said:

Xenthos said:

If an organization goes into a village unopposed, they will win it in 10 minutes (or less).  Especially when it's peaced (all mobs are worth 2x the influence points, unpeaced you need to use Crusade to make them worth that much)  They are designed that way.  If they used a mist, it was a waste of a mist; they'd have been able to win with less than a full round of influencing anyways (unopposed, with peace / crusade, you can win by taking about 70-80% of the village's mobs).

You can't crusade in peaced villages anymore, but, basically what he said.
    The mechanics are this way:
    1) Village is unpeaced.
     - You must crusade to get the full influence value of the mob.
    2) Village is peaced.
     - You cannot crusade, so the NPC is automatically worth the full influence value (as if you had crusaded in an unpeaced revolt).

Peaced villages = free crusade on all NPCs, as far as influence weight goes.
This discussion has been closed.