Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Obviously I'm going to use this sketch to do a full-body nude portrait of @Darvellan. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! (figurines sell pretty high to Divine's followers.)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't think a hamster hunt should be an excuse to prime raid cities. I know a lot of people had a great time, but not everyone enjoys getting caught up into fighting that would normally net them Avechna protection. (I sure wouldn't have done a suicide run at Kelly if I'd known a) a zillion others were behind her, I thought she was competing and walked too far and b) I'd known that I wouldn't have Avechna protection despite not joining the event.) Make it free PK for competitors.

/grump

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Wait, it isn't just free PK for those participating in the event, but it's free PK for everybody? I didn't know that.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Everiine said:

Wait, it isn't just free PK for those participating in the event, but it's free PK for everybody? I didn't know that.

I didn't either, I'd always thought it was only for those competing. But nope. It even allowed people to be beckoned out of the city.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I didn't know that either, which is why the whole thing felt kinda sketchy imo. For a while there I actually thought I got declared because people came into Seren and I followed them out. vOv
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Lavinya said:

I don't think a hamster hunt should be an excuse to prime raid cities. I know a lot of people had a great time, but not everyone enjoys getting caught up into fighting that would normally net them Avechna protection. (I sure wouldn't have done a suicide run at Kelly if I'd known a) a zillion others were behind her, I thought she was competing and walked too far and b) I'd known that I wouldn't have Avechna protection despite not joining the event.) Make it free PK for competitors.

/grump

You didn't have to fight, but I agree that it was a little bit awkward to thrust everyone into a PK free zone. I just stepped out into the Aetherplex unknowing that I had traps set up previously, and then when they started getting tripped it was all downhill from there.
    edited February 2015
    I didn't have to fight, but what I thought I was walking into was vastly different to the reality. I knew I would die but I thought I'd get status. I didn't expect it to turn into a full raid with no status and all for nothing. I'm not interested in pk enough for that. I know a lot of people are! But we don't usually thrust everyone into it unwittingly.

EDIT: You'll notice after I died and checked my pk status (and even right after I died I said something like..uhh, I didn't join the event) that I stayed right out of it because the situation was obviously not what I'd though it was.

• Umm pretty sure this happened to Serenwilde during the event too, and I haven't seen anyone crying about it. Yet.
  • edited February 2015
    The hamsterhunt was made PK with the understanding that only those participating would be involved. As this is evidently not the case, I will not be conducting such events so casually until the issue has been brought up and a decision made. I am aware of only three "young" ones involved, who have been given favours as a manner of recompense. While unfortunate and regrettable, the older ones should be capable of some manner of defense, and will receive no such thing.

Hopefully future events will be less...problematic.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It happened to Serenwilde after it was done in Mag, because we had a lust on someone who was yelling snotty things

Don't worry @Silvanus - @Tridemon already made a point to condemn Mag for doing it already.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Kalliste said:

Umm pretty sure this happened to Serenwilde during the event too, and I haven't seen anyone crying about it. Yet.

Quite sure that was retaliation for the Serens in Mag.

And ouch, @Darvellan.

Shaddus said:

Downhill meaning you accidently started running into Magnagora because you thought you could just take advantage and kill people. Got it ;)

Let's not misconstrue things, or make it out like I'm playing some innocent card. I wasn't taking advantage of anything. An open PK event was created, and I went to PK. Nothing else to "get" about it!
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    As long as XP loss is totally gone, that's a great thing to do. I've heard that in this one it was only suspended for people who actually joined the event. Not positive if true since that's second hand, but don't do it that way if you make this a thing. Make it universal.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2015
    Perhaps with the caveats that 'bixes are disrupted for those who aren't masochistic for the duration, or something. Being able to insta-flash back to a safezone is lame, that basically everyone in the game has this capacity makes non-distorted combat hard to engage in.
    I joined, so I didn't lose anything I don't think

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

I honestly wouldn't mind if there was a half hour of anarchy like that every so often. Suspend xp loss, and just go at it for awhile.

Only condition would be that orgs are still protected, so those not wishing to participate could hang out for the duration.
    ...Are you asking for a Purge?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited February 2015
    Kelly said:

Shaddus said:

Downhill meaning you accidently started running into Magnagora because you thought you could just take advantage and kill people. Got it ;)

Let's not misconstrue things, or make it out like I'm playing some innocent card. I wasn't taking advantage of anything. An open PK event was created, and I went to PK. Nothing else to "get" about it!
    You really thought a hamster hunt meant free pk rampage on Prime, in an enemy city? Beckoning people out of a city?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Talan said:

Synkarin said:

I honestly wouldn't mind if there was a half hour of anarchy like that every so often. Suspend xp loss, and just go at it for awhile.

Only condition would be that orgs are still protected, so those not wishing to participate could hang out for the duration.
    ...Are you asking for a Purge?
    Yes, Yes I am

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

It happened to Serenwilde after it was done in Mag, because we had a lust on someone who was yelling snotty things

Don't worry @Silvanus - @Tridemon already made a point to condemn Mag for doing it already.
    Yes, obviously me heading out to the sea and weaving thoughtstealers at people is quite tantamount to a blistering condemnation of Magnagora's behavior. Obviously.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Shaddus said:

Kelly said:

Shaddus said:

You really thought a hamster hunt meant free pk rampage on Prime, in an enemy city? Beckoning people out of a city?
    I thought free PK on Prime meant free PK on Prime. Imagine that.
    Oh man, I totally misread a quote

I'm sorry @Tridemon, I somehow read your name instead of Tremula's and associated it with a condemnation of raiding prime cities. I apologize for that. My bad

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Oh. Well, alright then. ... Apologies if I'm a bit more snappish than usual, I've caught a really nasty cold.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Kelly said:

Shaddus said:

Kelly said:

Shaddus said:

You have waaaay more common sense than that. Darvellan may be a starry-eyed newbie (see what I did there) as compared to other gods who often run these sorts of things, but you had to have known He didn't intend for you to just slaughter people who aren't even participating, have a prime raid, and so on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Synkarin said:

Man, if I had been in Celest and just listened to Marcella mouth off to my god and stuff and discovered everyone was free game, I'd probably prime raid too and attempt to kill her.

True enough, but he obviously didn't mean to make everyone "free game"
    edited February 2015
    Yeah I would presume free pk in a hamster hunt would mean kill the people collecting more hamsters than you and your friends, and win said hamster hunt through force. Not 'go kill anyone in their city while I distract avechna for you.'

Shaddus said:

Kelly said:

Shaddus said:

Kelly said:

Shaddus said:

You have waaaay more common sense than that. Darvellan may be a starry-eyed newbie (see what I did there) as compared to other gods who often run these sorts of things, but you had to have known He didn't intend for you to just slaughter people who aren't even participating, have a prime raid, and so on.
    Intent or not, that's what was created, and I have no shame! No one was forced to fight, and it's not like we went around killing newbies or loyal mobs just because we could. I decided that it was an opportunity to attack our enemy's stronghold, and that it would have been fun to fight in their streets. I dunno what you're trying to say, but we can probably move along.
This discussion has been closed.