Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kelly said:

Shaddus said:

Kelly said:

Shaddus said:

Kelly said:

Shaddus said:

Downhill meaning you accidently started running into Magnagora because you thought you could just take advantage and kill people. Got it ;)

Let's not misconstrue things, or make it out like I'm playing some innocent card. I wasn't taking advantage of anything. An open PK event was created, and I went to PK. Nothing else to "get" about it!
    You really thought a hamster hunt meant free pk rampage on Prime, in an enemy city? Beckoning people out of a city?
    I thought free PK on Prime meant free PK on Prime. Imagine that.
    You have waaaay more common sense than that. Darvellan may be a starry-eyed newbie (see what I did there) as compared to other gods who often run these sorts of things, but you had to have known He didn't intend for you to just slaughter people who aren't even participating, have a prime raid, and so on.
    Intent or not, that's what was created, and I have no shame! No one was forced to fight, and it's not like we went around killing newbies or loyal mobs just because we could. I decided that it was an opportunity to attack our enemy's stronghold, and that it would have been fun to fight in their streets. I dunno what you're trying to say, but we can probably move along.
    What I'm saying is that you've got the outlook on life, and the ability to bend rules when needed, to be successful in Magnagora. Come join us ;)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited February 2015
    Tbh I'd feel sketchy doing things that cost orgs resources while losing no xp.

By this logic, it's cool to go kill smobs while we're at it, gotta take advantage of the opportunity to pk while minimizing that risk!
  • Shuyin said:

Tbh I'd feel sketchy doing things that cost orgs resources while losing no xp loss.

By this logic, it's cool to go kill smobs while we're at it, gotta take advantage of the opportunity to pk while minimizing that risk!
    Actually, everyone who died to guards in Mag lost considerable essence.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Darvellan said:

While unfortunate and regrettable, the older ones should be capable of some manner of defense, and will receive no such thing.

Man I'd be so mad at you if anybody harmed a hair on little Dar's head and you didn't make amends. Hallifax would be up in arms!!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    What shuyin said is precisely my point. It was sketchy, you -knew- it was sketchy, but you took advantage of it.

If this were a bug and you kept doing it because you thought it was intentional, what would happen?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Kalliste said:

Shuyin said:

Tbh I'd feel sketchy doing things that cost orgs resources while losing no xp loss.

Actually, everyone who died to guards in Mag lost considerable essence.

Okay, I'm good then if this is true.

I was under the impression that nothing was lost.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Throw back in avechna status and no one would complain. Also those who lost essence, were they only the ones who didn't join the event?

Daraius said:

Darvellan said:

While unfortunate and regrettable, the older ones should be capable of some manner of defense, and will receive no such thing.

Man I'd be so mad at you if anybody harmed a hair on little Dar's head and you didn't make amends. Hallifax would be up in arms!!
    I hate to disappoint you, but there ain't nobody wantin' to hurt Daraius. He's a suave motherpupper.
    Norns said:

The matter is being looked into; at the moment it is unclear whether or not it is a bug or how it was intended to be all along. We'll pass the ruling along as soon as We Ourselves are made aware.

Holy crap, the Norns are hot in those robes.

How You doin'?

• Lavinya said:

Throw back in avechna status and no one would complain. Also those who lost essence, were they only the ones who didn't join the event?

Anyone who died to guards lost experience, even if they were in the event. I lost 2 mill personally because of enemy territory.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    (I still would prefer the status on the 5 people who aided in my death within Magnagora)

• edited February 2015
    Nevermind. Move on.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• edited February 2015
    Man, if Magnagora did this to Celest at any point, tweets would already have 30 more posts crying about it.

Just one more notch in the "biggest meanieheads" belt that Celest has carried for a long time.
    I agree with Silvanus.   This is clear proof that people, past and present, who play Celestian characters are morally wanting.

This is made even more galling by the fact that if the roles were reversed (only hypothetical as players of non-Celestian characters would never stoop to such depths of depravity), players of Celestian characters would have the hide to cry more than players of non-Celestian characters currently are.

Something must be done!

(Seriously though, do try to have a little perspective. Do you really think that you can draw such conclusions about a group of people based solely on the fact that they chose to play a Celestian character?)
  • No, what he means is, every group would've probably done the same.
  • Every group should be assumed to do the same.

I remember the day the South cleared Continuum and its spheres (except they actually missed one, haha) and literally no one was around to set up distort, much less ripple. I think Hallis and Gaudis can agree that their smobs being divided by twelve sucks, because it makes us easier targets :(

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Maligorn said:

Every group should be assumed to do the same.

I remember the day the South cleared Continuum and its spheres (except they actually missed one, haha) and literally no one was around to set up distort, much less ripple. I think Hallis and Gaudis can agree that their smobs being divided by twelve sucks, because it makes us easier targets :(

They didn't miss any, we just got one back quickly by doing side quests that earn us extra cloudy essence. Distort wouldn't have mattered much, but yeah... would've been nice if there was more than one Halli with any combat experience online at the time and/or a security member of the Institute. Let's complain some more about off-hours raiding.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't understand what killing supermobs has to do with prime-raiding because no Avenger?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I think they're trying to say every org has done things that are similar.

Synkarin said:

I don't understand what killing supermobs has to do with prime-raiding because no Avenger?

I'm not comparing it to that, personally... though I seem to recall complaints about off-peak raiding recently that I am most certainly comparing it to.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    *needs lots of power*

*discovers CR1 Mags get no power rations, and can only draw half of what they put in*

*puts 400 power in nexus*

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    This is weird, to my memory Free-PK has always meant free pk, everywhrere. And every time, some things like this happen, where people not directly caught up in the event are caught up in peripheral attacks by people also not caught up in the attempt.

It amuses me that the only targets worth hitting in cities (really) are people, who are normally protected by avenger, and when that fails there is a huge hullabaloo (though you didn't lose any xp). Not so for forests and their totems, who are subject to 'free-pk' any time, basically. No tears lost there, though.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:

Synkarin said:

I'm not comparing it to that, personally... though I seem to recall complaints about off-peak raiding recently that I am most certainly comparing it to.
    1) Pretty sure it wasn't really off-hours, it was primetime EST evening. I was a part of it and I don't really stay up past midnight now a days.

2) The only real complaints from Gaudi is that we want to be part of the fights, and not constantly miss them

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Arcanis said:

Wait.., are you saying Celest/Halli players were abusing an obvious bug to try and be spiteful?? shocker..

Edit: And that they would likely no receive any form of punishment other than a slap on the wrist and a wag of a finger? Double shocker

Don't involve Hallifax in this, thanks. I noted what was going on and elected to sit in my manse rather than go around griefing people for nothing other than the fact that they were online and on Prime during that time.

@Enyalida - you mean like Chaos which is a hamster hunt with free PK and which doesn't affect people that do not join the event? Or like Death which is a free PK event and again... people need to join the actual event to take part in the PK or be PK-ed?

Synkarin said:

Elanorwen said:

Synkarin said:

1) Pretty sure it wasn't really off-hours, it was primetime EST evening. I was a part of it and I don't really stay up past midnight now a days.

2) The only real complaints from Gaudi is that we want to be part of the fights, and not constantly miss them
    1. Could have been. If there's all of one Halli fighter online, then it's off-peak for Hallifax. Same deal applies for Magnagora and their heavily Aussie population. Prime time for me is not the same as prime time for them.

2. I won't bother. I haven't raided probably in over 6 months, so not really my issue.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2015
    During Ascension events, all raiding and other competitions are stopped. For instance, some non-participants once started a raid on Ethereal Serenwilde during the Knowledge quiz, until told (authoritativly) to knock it off by @Estarra. As such, those events tend to be a poor example, being a special case.

EDIT: It's besides the point. Just making the observation that thrusting people into Prime conflict in their home territory is a huge no-no when it effects cities, but not when it's totems getting chopped down, even though both are equally disruptive and have similar actual costs to the 'victims'.
  • Synkarin said:

I mean that, if people see an opportunity to grief the opposing team, they should be expected to take it, since there's precedent for it all across Lusternia. I guess what I'm saying is I'm pretty sure Mag would've done the same thing to Celest if they'd mouthed off Drocilla and they found out they were able to prime raid w/o Avenger if they had the numbers/organisation.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Before I QQ'd last time, I locked the GM/GA/GC offices not knowing that @Violyte and @Illidaen quit the game in those rooms. My internet was down the whole day today and I just learned that I locked them in. It has been more than 24 hours since I QQ'd. GG, Siam. GG. The King of the Night must rule with an iron fist!!!!!!1111!!!!1111

Seriously, I'm terribly sorry about it, Violyte and Illidaen. o_o
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Excuses for no longer even attempting to try solo combat:

"My targetting announces on combat clan, not turning that off".

Have we really sunk that low?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Oh please Arcanis. I made it especially clear that I wasn't even in the mood to fight, just clearing elemental planes. You can't kill me, I can't kill metawake. I am -not- going to go into my trigs and turn them off every time Arcanis gets feisty. Get over yourself.

EDIT: Moreover, because you can't kill me, I/Maligorn really do feel fine with bashing grubs while you throw your wimpy geochem at me. Makes bashing fun.

EDIT 2: Kierstin wanted a piece of the action, I told her to come if she wanted. You got Dinae up and tried to 2v1 her while I was peaceably gathering dark essence for dear dear Hallifax. So I came to her rescue.

You really need to take a break from Lusternia.

This discussion has been closed.