Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Inb4 butthurt threadlock
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • No butthurt, I just think it's funny that everyone whines when someone takes advantage of free PK, but people abusing bugs to kill people is only a big deal if those people abusing bugs are in Celest.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Celest Bias(TM) isn't a one way street.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Kaiel said:

Shaddus said:

Kaiel said:

Arcanis said:

Wait.., are you saying Celest/Halli players were abusing an obvious bug to try and be spiteful?? shocker..

Edit: And that they would likely no receive any form of punishment other than a slap on the wrist and a wag of a finger? Double shocker

Remember that stonewall bug you abused for weeks to kill people?
    Lol'd. Someone's been listening to Glevich.
    Lolno. More like, the only time I've ever died to Arcanis was when stonewall was bugged and I decided to jump people in Mag. Just pointing out the double standard.

You mean like that other time you jumped me on Cay and I also killed you, long after the stonewall 'bug' was gone? Or perhaps time after that before you started inquiring how to counter me and began spamming blindness venom to try and thwart chasm?

Gee...I guess so :/
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited February 2015
    How is it a bug if admin say 'it's not a bug'? They could have easily not changed walls later (though I think we're all happy they did).

The Norns even said that using the free pk event to prime raid avechna-free was in bad taste.

Apples and oranges.

• Elanorwen said:

Enyalida said:

Thornrend? If you're thornrending, something has gone terribly wrong.

Or you're doing it to show your awesome superiority at pulling off a kill method everyone scoffs at on a supposedly capable player.
    Like how I kept doing warrior sacrifice after my entire org told me warrior sac was impossible.
  • edited February 2015
    Arcanis said:

Kaiel said:

Shaddus said:

Kaiel said:

Arcanis said:

Wait.., are you saying Celest/Halli players were abusing an obvious bug to try and be spiteful?? shocker..

Edit: And that they would likely no receive any form of punishment other than a slap on the wrist and a wag of a finger? Double shocker

Lolno. More like, the only time I've ever died to Arcanis was when stonewall was bugged and I decided to jump people in Mag. Just pointing out the double standard.

You mean like that other time you jumped me on Cay and I also killed you, long after the stonewall 'bug' was gone? Or perhaps time after that before you started inquiring how to counter me and began spamming blindness venom to try and thwart chasm?

Um, wat? Literally the only kill you have on me is from that time I jumped some ur'Guard in prime Mag. I never jumped you in Cay. I did kill your Earth Lords in front of you while tanking all your burst vessels, but that's a different story. Also, I didn't even have a manual envenom alias on my Shofangi system, that was all automated. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Edit: To clarify, I used blindness venom a lot because it makes people waste herb balance when I was stacking lacerations. It had nothing to do with chasm. Get over yourself <3
  • Synkarin said:

Out of curiosity - didn't I see @Kaiel post about how he's qutting Lusternia forever because of draaaama. 

And now he's here creating it?
    I fail to see how pointing out hilarious hypocrisy is creating drama.

Besides, it's fun watching Arcanis cry.
  • edited February 2015
    Kaiel said:

Arcanis said:

Kaiel said:

Shaddus said:

Kaiel said:

Arcanis said:

Um, wat? Literally the only kill you have on me is from that time I jumped some ur'Guard in prime Mag. I never jumped you in Cay. I did kill your Earth Lords in front of you while tanking all your burst vessels, but that's a different story. Also, I didn't even have a manual envenom alias on my Shofangi system, that was all automated. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Edit: To clarify, I used blindness venom a lot because it makes people waste herb balance when I was stacking lacerations. It had nothing to do with chasm. Get over yourself <3

As I recall correctly, thanks to my rather good memory, you approached me on Cay while I was attempting to do the quest (for the sake of finally finishing my epic) and stated to me that "You are being annoying", apparently because Tridemon may have had a meld on cay and I was walking in and out. You then proceeded to attack me, in which I countered and eventually chasmed you, followed by your comment as a soul of "Oi!". I believe Avurekhos also showed up but naturally didnt help as you had declared.

Does that help you remember now?
    Kaiel said:

Synkarin said:

Out of curiosity - didn't I see @Kaiel post about how he's qutting Lusternia forever because of draaaama. 

Yes..im obviously weeping >>

Edit: As for the comment of the earth fight, you had come with a new strategy of apparently spamming blindness and having a harmony aura up, which it turns out that had a chance to proc and hit me with pacifism upon -each- of my telekinesis channel hits...making me near permanently pacified, something I was looking to bring up to envoys when things settled down.
  • edited February 2015
    Still don't really recall, but a check of my deaths revealed that you have apparently killed me more than once. Grats, I guess?

I didn't "spam" blindness btw, I had like 4 forms I used it on. Would you like to see my tables? And yes, Chuuti is a handy harmony skill. If you had bad luck with the procs, sorry, them's the works. It's far from being as good as you're describing, though. That wasn't a new strategy, either, that had been in place from day 1 of my Shofangi system.

And by the way, you had me at like 14+ vessels on numerous occasions, so you clearly weren't getting spammed by pacify too hard. You just failed.

Anyway, this is a pretty silly argument, I was simply pointing out that you're crying about people abusing bugs when you yourself did the same thing.

On one final note, remember that time you jumped me in Shallach and I killed you in your meld, you raged about "lag", PK forgave me, then I walked into your meld and bashed you to death again? Good times, good times.

P.S: Crying about pfarewell almost a full month after aeon was fixed is crying, sorry.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:

Edit: As for the comment of the earth fight, you had come with a new strategy of apparently spamming blindness and having a harmony aura up, which it turns out that had a chance to proc and hit me with pacifism upon -each- of my telekinesis channel hits...making me near permanently pacified, something I was looking to bring up to envoys when things settled down.

Sorry to disappoint, but TK/TP and similar abilities already have a reduced chance to proc reactive defenses, be they harmony auras, cavalier guard, chem/wood defenses or shrine pacification.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Doin' it right!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I keep breaking the Hifarae Hills quest when I talk to Sakima and he talks back :( .

I'm sorry Sakima! I love talking to you!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Damn you, @Violyte! That was my prize! I was -THIS- close to stealing @Darvellan's coat for my own.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Waiting for Darvellan to say He is secretly Soulless.
  • I'm not saying smother your novices, what I am saying is that if I was a newbie a little more "role-play" other than (OrgCollege) Someone says, "Hey, NewbieName, how is your GuildHere tasks coming?" would definitely help someone feel more welcome in their City/Commune.
    The playa you love to hate
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Drakius said:

I'm not saying smother your novices, what I am saying is that if I was a newbie a little more "role-play" other than (OrgCollege) Someone says, "Hey, NewbieName, how is your GuildHere tasks coming?" would definitely help someone feel more welcome in their City/Commune.

Orrrr, and maybe this is a crazy idea, maybe it's a lead-in to more indepth interaction?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • It can be, it isn't appearing to be. But how is a novvie who sees us on topmud or something going to know there's all this awesome stuff if no one (save a couple people) actually give two shits about retention.
  • Milune said:

Waiting for Darvellan to say He is secretly Soulless.

You and all of Mag ^^.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Drakius said:

I'm not saying smother your novices, what I am saying is that if I was a newbie a little more "role-play" other than (OrgCollege) Someone says, "Hey, NewbieName, how is your GuildHere tasks coming?" would definitely help someone feel more welcome in their City/Commune.

How is that not welcoming? A person doesn't ask that question if they're not hoping to help out. It gives the newbie an opportunity to say "Actually I could use help with X" or "I'm fine, but what's this I hear about Y?" The collegium experience is something all newbies go through, seems to me a perfect starting place for opening RP avenues.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:

Drakius said:

How is that not welcoming? A person doesn't ask that question if they're not hoping to help out. It gives the newbie an opportunity to say "Actually I could use help with X" or "I'm fine, but what's this I hear about Y?" The collegium experience is something all newbies go through, seems to me a perfect starting place for opening RP avenues.
    They're complaining that someone -isn't- doing this.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yes, I could have worded better. Logging in over multiple days I may like being offered help after the initial leaving the intro tour and whoever saying read CGHELP WELCOME and what not. Though, today I saw some really nice things. I was told by a player who has been here 7+ years (don't quote me on accurate number) I should say if there was a feeling of little involvement over just saying "fuck this org" and leaving.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Kaiel said:

Synkarin said:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy making Arcanis cry myself AND I'm all about pointing out hypocrisy, such as pointing out when someone makes a post that they're leaving Lusternia forever because of drama and the troll the forums causing a ruckus.

Because that's exactly what you're doing.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Norns said:

The matter is being looked into; at the moment it is unclear whether or not it is a bug or how it was intended to be all along. We'll pass the ruling along as soon as We Ourselves are made aware.

I would have given you so many points
    Drakius said:

People who love attention don't seem to get that many do not. If you let people know you're about and they don't reach out to you, the safer assumption is they do not want you bugging them.
  • Saesh said:

Ieptix fixed that two weeks ago. Please let us know if it isn't prioritizing properly!

This seems like the sort of thing that warants a changelog.
This discussion has been closed.