Ascension 2015

Comments

• Synkarin said:

Maligorn said:

That's why I said every Seal challenge except War, buddy.

you want to take it away from me because you don't think it's "fair" to have to beat me.
    Yeah. I really, really do. You're skilled, artied, and have fucktons of demipowers that shouldn't be available to rely on, because you've already won Lusternia: Age of Ascension. Now you're carrying others of your org to victory. It's stupidly biased.

• Uh, unless you want the game to become seriously unbalanced, yes.

I'm not even going to touch on how ectoplasm and sluggishness still exist in game because that's a whole nother flamewar.
    Synkarin said:

So, because we beat Seren/Celest/Halli for TA in the past, they should get a free pass past us on to the future?

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Kelly, Xena, Elanorwen, Vivet, Sondayga and Avurekhos all have the same access to powers that we do. 

You have the same access to skills, and artifacts that we do

You have the same ability to carry as we do

Vadi, Shuyin and I won war when I was raised TA, so you can in essence say that Shuyin/Vadi carried me to victory and Vadis not a TA.

But yes, obviously it's unfair to you that we put the work in to get here, so you should have an easier shot at getting it.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Enyalida said:

It was a tarot + Illum smackdown. Immediate aeon, presumably lust to stop any runs, smacksmacksmackdead.

Frankly then it is her own fault. Who enters one of these without checking Lust?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited January 2015
    Synkarin said:

Kelly, Xena, Elanorwen, Vivet, Sondayga and Avurekhos all have the same access to powers that we do. 

Vadi, Shuyin and I won war when I was raised TA, so you can in essence say that Shuyin/Vadi carried me to victory and Vadis not a TA.

But yes, obviously it's unfair to you that we put the work in to get here, so you should have an easier shot at getting it.

You have free 90 weight for being a TA if you want to argue that point. Me, I don't want to argue about excluding TAs from War. I want to argue about excluding TAs from Ascension, period. give other orgs a better chance to raise someone for a change. But whatever, really. It was interesting to watch what happened with last year's TA.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Seriously - If it is OBVIOUS you cannot handle your competitor and you've ran from them several times, unable to get an edge in, stop wasting EVERYONE'S FRICKEN TIME and just accept defeat. Losing is not -that- bad, you are not losing a limb here. JUST ACCEPT IT ALREADY!
    I didn't say weight, I said access to the same powers, which is 100% true. Sure, I get 3 free powers, but if you think we're winning because we have 90 more weight than you, that's a pretty poor argument. 

2 of the 3 kills in that first fight didn't involve a single ascendant power. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

Riiiight. So much work, pardon me. I didn't realize that this was the Olympics.

Any good tournament has bans. My suggestion for bans is the TA crowd. If VAs do indeed have such accomplishment and everything you have, then why not let them fight it out?

Synkarin said:

I didn't say weight, I said access to the same powers, which is 100% true. Sure, I get 3 free powers, but if you think we're winning because we have 90 more weight than you, that's a pretty poor argument. 

2 of the 3 kills in that first fight didn't involve a single ascendant power. 
    I merely stated that you have something that VAs don't have access to, not saying you win because of it. Please stop putting words in my mouth, thanks.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I have to say that if you think that free 90 weight is what makes us win, I think you guys are looking at the wrong thing.
  • Arcanis said:

Seriously - If it is OBVIOUS you cannot handle your competitor and you've ran from them several times, unable to get an edge in, stop wasting EVERYONE'S FRICKEN TIME and just accept defeat. Losing is not -that- bad, you are not losing a limb here. JUST ACCEPT IT ALREADY!

Uh. There's always a chance as long as you try. Would you say the same if the roles were reversed, and Ixion was the one being beaten up?
  • So salty. If they win just damaging people out, that's everyone else's fault.  Don't blame destro, can build plenty of fire dmp and at least make them work for it. Also... yeah, don't get empressed noob.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    Shuyin said:

I have to say that if you think that free 90 weight is what makes us win, I think you guys are looking at the wrong thing.

Reading comprehension fail yet again.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2015
    Nope, you heard it from them first. TAs have the same access to things as VAs. For some strange reason, they don't think there's any disparity. So why not let VAs fight and TAs watch. -Surely- there must be a reason.

It can't be the 500 credits they have purportedly said is so easy to bash out once you're at their level.

It can't be the thrill of a mere 3v3 spar tournament, when there's domoths, villages and aetherflares to fill the year's time.

It's because you want to carry a friend to War Seal and hopefully raise another TA on your side. That's fine.

Just unfair.

• Ssaliss said:

Arcanis said:

Seriously - If it is OBVIOUS you cannot handle your competitor and you've ran from them several times, unable to get an edge in, stop wasting EVERYONE'S FRICKEN TIME and just accept defeat. Losing is not -that- bad, you are not losing a limb here. JUST ACCEPT IT ALREADY!

Uh. There's always a chance as long as you try. Would you say the same if the roles were reversed, and Ixion was the one being beaten up?

Of course I would, because it was utterly annoying and frankly verging on insanity to keep trying (if that is what you wish to call it) and wasting all that time. Alot simply left because they had other appointments or things to do. At the end, it was Rivius' own stubborness that brought about that endless battle, not anything of strategy and luck.
  • I just want to make it clear, I'm not arguing on behalf of Azula and her team. I'm arguing in general. They messed up bigtime obviously.

If Vadi doesn't win War Seal tomorrow, I will be impressed and never say a peep about this again.

No, it's because it's fun to compete and win in what's the most challenging combat competition in Lusternia. 

This is like the World Cup of Lusternia, but in @Maligorn's eyes. all the previous winning countries should not be allowed to compete to give everyone else a 'fair shot'

@Elanorwen - by prefacing my statement with 'if this is what you're saying' that means I'm clarifying that point and not putting the words in your mouth, but instead expanding on the relevance of your comment, which was proven to be not relevant to the discussion by your own admission.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I said that TA's and VA's are functionally the same in combat.

You mentioned the 90 weight that supposedly separates TA's from VA's.

Sidd said that everything else that we have, you guys can get.

I am saying that the 90 weight isn't what makes us win over you guys.

Keep up, son.

---------------------------------------

I need to buy some shakers for all this salt.

You haven't actually given any reason to ban TA's aside from just wanting to do so because we...win too much?

500 credits is pretty substantial. While we can definitely bash that amount eventually, it's much easier to earn it for about 2 hours work and the buttery tears of your enemies.

Nextly, a 3v3 spar tournament is way more exciting to us and is far more rare, which is why we like playing it. You guys should know, you guys bring 8+ people every time, so I don't think you can get mad at us for enjoying a smaller scale group combat. Domoths, villages, and flares occur more often too.

Again, we like helping our teammates. It's in our best interest to make people from our side win, and we do what it takes to do that. Maybe you guys should just get better.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2015
    Synkarin said:

This is like the World Cup of Lusternia, but in @Maligorn's eyes. all the previous winning countries should not be allowed to compete to give everyone else a 'fair shot'

>Most challenging combat competition

no. It's not. Throwing a well-entrenched body of people off of a domoth item and keeping them split up is much more difficult. It's different, to be sure, but not more difficult.

>World Cup of Lusternia

It's not. This is War Challenge. Nothing else. It's to decide who among Lusternia is worthy of carrying the War Seal among VAs and Demigods. Except TAs can make up 2/3 of the person's team, actively contributing in a way that they can't quite do in other Seal challenges. You've already had your fun. Let others have fun too!

• edited January 2015
    Synkarin said:

No, it's because it's fun to compete and win in what's the most challenging combat competition in Lusternia. 

This is like the World Cup of Lusternia, but in Maligorn's eyes. all the previous winning countries should not be allowed to compete to give everyone else a 'fair shot'

At least world cup has a timer that goes into a draw round. We most definitely need something of that level.Perhaps if after 20 minutes if the fight is still on-going, the competitors are transported to a 1 room with no exits to finish it out. Waiting for some miracle otherwise is ludicrous.
    edited January 2015
    Lol.

A domoth challenge is the pinnacle of skillful group combat?

With the literally endless bitching about destruction already going on with just us 3, you actually think that people won't be even whinier when all the issues with groups gets exacerbated by the bigger scale?

Yeah, I disagree.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I think TAs should not be banned. They are not special, and that isn't what won the fight. Shuyin and Synkarin are totally beatable if you're willing to put in the effort. Furthermore, in any challenge, someone can get carried. That's what seals are all about. Cooperation and team work. 
  • Let me just get better here. Let me just get on a workout schema for 6 months and...

oh wait, no, this isn't a fucking competition in that sense. Unless you mean get better at coding so you don't die hard, or get better at buying artifacts, which 99% of Lusternia doesn't have the time or money for. This isn't a "I can give this challenge 110%!"

To use an analogy since you guys are so fond of twisting things into sounding right,

it's like a 3 versus 3 match of lightweight wrestlers except you bring in two heavyweights and 1 lightweight versus 3 lightweights. VAs are medium weights I guess.

There are literal thresholds between demigods, VAs and TAs that you're refusing to acknowledge. What you're asking for is unreasonable.

Banning TAs from just War is not.

I'd love to see the log

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'm also not boycotting War or anything. There were just no Hallifaxians awake when the challenge started.

Don't really feel comfortable PKing with anyone that's not Vivet, Elanorwen, Aerys or Kelly. So I'm just spectating this year.

• Just a few thoughts and to clear out the air:

1) I did not get empressed! They entered, gusted out Glevich, radded out Kregarn, then dropped greatpentagram and locked me up in aeon under a deathsong. It was executed smooth and well, clearly a result of their practice, compared to our impromptu team, kudos to @Shuyin @Synkarin and @Vadi!

2) While I agree that having Ascendant opponents are daunting, perhaps one way to "balance" this is to meet halfway and allow a clause only 1 Ascendant per team in future War Challenges, to even out the powerspike. This allows Ascendants to still compete and "carry allies."

3) Thank you, @Glevich and @Kregarn for competing with me, I may have had to wake up in 2 in the morning, and even if we were defeated (and quite quickly too :D), I appreciate that we relatively had a smooth run

#MorePowerLusternia #EnjoyAscension2015
    Shhh Azula, don't tell them the truth. She doesn't know what she's talking about, it was all DESTRUCTION and ILLUMINATI.

Shut up Rivius, we're unbeatable RL gods that bestow seals on anyone we please. It's not like this is a competition where the point is to help someone out the best way you can.
  • Hyperbole is fun, but whatever you say has more than a grain of truth in it.

I know you're trying to make fun,

but it's just not fun. We'll see how things turn out tomorrow.

Maligorn said:

Synkarin said:

>Most challenging combat competition

no. It's not. Throwing a well-entrenched body of people off of a domoth item and keeping them split up is much more difficult. It's different, to be sure, but not more difficult.

>World Cup of Lusternia

It's not. This is War Challenge. Nothing else. It's to decide who among Lusternia is worthy of carrying the War Seal among VAs and Demigods. Except TAs can make up 2/3 of the person's team, actively contributing in a way that they can't quite do in other Seal challenges. You've already had your fun. Let others have fun too!
    Ask @Kelly is we didn't have a hand in @Ixion winning Harmony

Ask @Malarious if we didn't have a hand in him winning Chaos. @Viynain/@Akyaevin were throwing rads like bosses. 

You can compete. I asked Rivius earlier today if he was competing because I was excited to see how we'd do against him. I don't get nervous or jittery for a domoth fight, but you can bet I was feeling the nerves before War started. That's because I look forward to this every year. This War seal is much more important to me than a random domoth fight/flare/village whatever.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.