Simple questions?

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Rolsand said:
    How can I make an aliases that will walk/tumble to random available exit? Is there a way to make mudlet pick one of the exits from gmcp.Room.Info.exits?
    Yes, it's possible. I'll dig into my mudlet stuff and see if i can find it. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Yes, it's possible. I'll dig into my mudlet stuff and see if i can find it. 
    Alias: Tumbling
    Pattern: ^tum$
    Code:
    local rexits = {}
    for i,v in pairs(gmcp.Room.Info.exits) do
       table.insert(rexits, i)
    end
    send("tumble "..rexits[math.random(1, #rexits)])
    @Rolsand
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Can adapt this too, I guess:

function gust(self, person)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; send("springup")<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; local exits = gmcp.Room.Info.exits or getRoomExits(mmp.currentroom)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; for dir, num in pairs(exits) do<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if dir ~= "x" then<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if gmcp.Char.Vitals.beastbal == "1" then<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; send("beast order gust " .. person .. " " .. dir)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; end<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; send("point gust at " .. person .. " " .. dir)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; end<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; break<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; end<br>end

email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
  • Thank you.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    As a squad leader, are my squad's experience gains affected in any way by my own personal experience buffs? Assuming no, but figured I'd confirm.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I don't believe they are, experience buffs are calculated after the gains I'm pretty sure... Was fun when Achaea was bugged, and elite was getting calculated first. Two people bashing together with maxed elite were getting more exp per mob than they would if they killed it solo.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Hi! Is there a place to find Lusternia's policies on what is and isn't allowed in designing items?

This would be really useful in general, but right now I'm wondering about "loan words" (words that started in another language but have become common usage within English). For example, for the gown I'm designing, I want to use the word decolletage. I know some other games have rules about loan words like that. One of them forbids the use of words that would normally have accent marks (décolletage), since accent marks don't show up in the MUD. (Shh, nobody mention protégé!)

• @Kerith HELP TRADEMASTER has general rules. I think decolletage should be fine? But you can always MSG Charites IG for design questions too. There's an IG village called Delport that's kind of French in that the villagers have an accent, designers sometimes cite them as an excuse for French things. Instead of French vanilla, we have Delportian Vanilla, macarons etc.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Orventa said:
    @Kerith HELP TRADEMASTER has general rules. I think decolletage should be fine? But you can always MSG Charites IG for design questions too. There's an IG village called Delport that's kind of French in that the villagers have an accent, designers sometimes cite them as an excuse for French things. Instead of French vanilla, we have Delportian Vanilla, macarons etc.
    Thanks! I didn't want to pester the Charites if it was already posted somewhere. I'll check out that file next time I'm in-game. :)
  • edited April 2017
    changelog 743 HELP INSANITY 

@Ianir

Can someone confirm if Wiccans recieve the same guardian bonus on ethereal as guardians on their respective planes? I didn't think they did but a bunch of people are saying they are. This change log just made me think of this. Clarity would be nice. Thank you.

EDIT: Oh also is this bonus class based or guild based? Classflex would mean you get it right?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Is there a way to list all of the designs you've made, regardless of cartel? (as in, designs you're listed as the designer for)
  • Veyils said:
    changelog 743 HELP INSANITY 

@Ianir

Can someone confirm if Wiccans recieve the same guardian bonus on ethereal as guardians on their respective planes? I didn't think they did but a bunch of people are saying they are. This change log just made me think of this. Clarity would be nice. Thank you.

EDIT: Oh also is this bonus class based or guild based? Classflex would mean you get it right?
    Also, HELP INSANITY seems to leave out the ability in Healing for recovering sanity.

@Ianir
  • With conditional reactions, can one create make the condition exclusionary? I want it to trigger on everyone BUT me. 
    Mrak said:
    With conditional reactions, can one create make the condition exclusionary? I want it to trigger on everyone BUT me. 
    Perhaps it's that I didn't sleep well enough, but, are you specifically asking about coding, @Mrak?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Sounds like @Mrak might be asking about beast reactions. And I would ask artifacts@lusternia.com in that case, Mrak, I know they've done some pretty specific things before but I'm not sure how far they'd go for the listed price.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited April 2017
    Rancoura said:
    Sounds like @Mrak might be asking about beast reactions. And I would ask artifacts@lusternia.com in that case, Mrak, I know they've done some pretty specific things before but I'm not sure how far they'd go for the listed price.
    I was. It seems as if we've actually moved to a hard-coded reactions system, as per HELP REACTIONS. I was told they'd look into updating the HELP PETS file with this information. The stuff in HELP REACTIONS is not working as I'd expect it to, so hopefully between myself and admins we'll be able to work it out.

Edit: Ianir solved all of my problems!
    I've had this vial since as long as I can remember, but does anyone remember what it was from?

a commemorative iron vial

Forged from black iron, this decorative vial is crafted to look like the Portal 
    of Fate. The body of the vial is an oval, polished to a bright ebony sheen that 
    sparkles in any light. Twisting around the Portal of Fate are ropes of pure gold 
    shaped like flickering flames. Within the depths of the Portal, brilliant 
    diamond dust shimmers like starlight, a testament to the impenetrable and 
    unknowable paths of fate. Three iron sisters hover around the Portal of Fate, 
    beckoning the observer to meet their destiny within.
    It weighs 2 ounce(s).
    It has the following aliases: vial, elixir, potion.

Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    I've had this vial since as long as I can remember, but does anyone remember what it was from?

a commemorative iron vial

Forged from black iron, this decorative vial is crafted to look like the Portal 
    of Fate. The body of the vial is an oval, polished to a bright ebony sheen that 
    sparkles in any light. Twisting around the Portal of Fate are ropes of pure gold 
    shaped like flickering flames. Within the depths of the Portal, brilliant 
    diamond dust shimmers like starlight, a testament to the impenetrable and 
    unknowable paths of fate. Three iron sisters hover around the Portal of Fate, 
    beckoning the observer to meet their destiny within.
    It weighs 2 ounce(s).
    It has the following aliases: vial, elixir, potion.

Special Ironbeard vial. Its just a non-decay vial. It doesn't have extra links like a normal artifact vial.
  • @Rancoura Given out by Ironbeard in 2007. Non-decay vial, nothing else really special about it.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    edited April 2017
    I knew what it did, just didn't remember where I got it from... gosh, 2007? That would explain why I remembered nothing about it. Thanks, both of you!

Edit: Actually, now my question is -- what was it commemorating?  :p

Before an earthly flight

• Achaea was released in 1997 so maybe 10th anniversary?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Is there someone to whom I can very politely ask that a quest's mechanics get a QoL change?
    Is Demigod zap's power affected by the electric damage enhancement rune? What about the circlet of crystal thorns, is that's power affected by a psychic damage enhancement rune?
  • Selenity said:
    Is Demigod zap's power affected by the electric damage enhancement rune? What about the circlet of crystal thorns, is that's power affected by a psychic damage enhancement rune?
    It is buffed by the respective buffs
    Veyils said:
    Selenity said:
    It is buffed by the respective buffs
    Thanks. :D
  • Falaeron said:
    Achaea was released in 1997 so maybe 10th anniversary?
    Yep, the 10th anniversary of Iron Realms. Saw it in another IRE game.
  • When factions come, how much will it cost to classflex? Right now you're getting a reduction for covenant guilds, is that going away?

(Okay, might not be a 'simple' question, but maybe someone knows something! *hope*)
  • Aesyra said:
    When factions come, how much will it cost to classflex? Right now you're getting a reduction for covenant guilds, is that going away?

(Okay, might not be a 'simple' question, but maybe someone knows something! *hope*)
    I'm not going to be releasing any numbers until factions are actually released, but there have been some adjustments to some of the numbers.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    I'm not going to be releasing any numbers until factions are actually released, but there have been some adjustments to some of the numbers.
    I'm just going to hope that means "it's getting cheaper or worst case stays the same" and looking forward to factions then! :smile:
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aesyra said:
    Ianir said:
    I'm just going to hope that means "it's getting cheaper or worst case stays the same" and looking forward to factions then! :smile:
    I will say that this is Yet Another Area in which I am quite excited about upcoming changes and am seriously considering starting to use classflexing (I'm one of the probably very small community that has a Tam and has never classflexed).